Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Wink What Japanese Animation Series do you like?

According to my views, I Like following series:

1):Gundam UC (Description of cruelty of war and humanity).
    2):Berserk (Human rebel the cruel destiny forced by others).
    3):ONE PIECE(Dream, discover the truth of world, battle).
    and many more, mainly robot war animation.

What about you guys?

Mob Psycho seasons I and II. That's like 14 hours of quality entertainment if you're looking for something to watch.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Mob Psycho seasons I and II. That's like 14 hours of quality entertainment if you're looking for something to watch.
    Yep, I am plan to find this animation, also loads of descriptions human nature and crime.

Corey in the house: Just a great slice of life series and the trials and tribulations of growing up. It's 34eps long so long enough that you can really develop an understanding of the characters but not so long you need to dedicate your next few years trying to catch up on the show.

One of the most underrated anime of Fall 2016. Overall rating [9.3/10]

Story [10/10] - This is not your typical anime with exposition, climax, and resolution. It's like you are reading a book. And in this case, a very good one. The experiences come fast and furious for the main character Corey, but the center of his universe while growing up'. You will love how the story goes from silent to being dramatic, and from that to being so comedic. One time you will be crying, and then the next thing you know you've been laughing along with the character's dialogues.

Art [10/10] - I've watched a fair amount of anime, and I speak for everyone when I say that this kind of art style is very unique. The way how every scenes were drawn into perfection, and how it can easily change your feelings toward the story make this anime one of a kind.

Sound [2/10] - The opening and ending songs were the only letdown or this would be a full 10/10.

Character [9/10] - Although the main character has a deep background. It's not that rare nowadays for most of them to have a very tragic backstory.

I am not a big anime guy, generally because the medium is, well, pretty fucking homogenous. My girlfriend is watching My Hero Academia and it's seriously literally 1:1 every other shonen action anime on the planet. You have supposed 'parody' series like One Punch Man, but these fail as parodies because they don't feel like parodies because anime is in itself a parody of itself and no matter what you do or how wacky and zany and self-aware you try to be, there's always an anime out there that did what you did but with an unironic straight face.

That said, there's some anime that hold a near&dear place in my heart.

Lupin III - Every series (including Blue Jacket). It's really good classic anime that existed before the stagnant tropeism of more modern series. The films are much more of a mixed bag, though. Some are great, some are okay, a few are downright pretty bad lol.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are both incredible series. The latter is more structured and tells a better and more realized story, but both are more or less masterpieces.

Big O - It's a little goofy at times and it suffers from the "first season is monster battle of the week episodes, second season tries to tell a story stuffed into one season" syndrome, but it's a very very stylistic and cool anime. I'd like to see more like it.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Both series. They're not perfect (both far from it) but their core themes and ideas are really cool and I think the series is actually a little "too good" to be just an anime, it would make a really interesting drama/action-lite western series.

DeathNote - I feel the same way about DeathNote as I do with Fullmetal Alchemist, though to a bit of a lesser extent. It's a cool idea that I feel was really held back by being a manga/anime, it'd make a very good live action thriller (which is probably why it's adapted so damn much, albeit none of the current adaptations are very well done).
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2019-06-10 at 04:15 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the anime adaptation of Danganronpa, and really wish and pray for Panty and Stocking season 2, I miss Paranoia complex, Code Geass, Tsubasa, Oran High School Host club, and I love Monster Musume for all its ecchi goodness.

Sailor Moon was the start though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Corey in the house
    lmao Dd all my keks rofl

15+ Year Old Account
    "according to my reviews"? lol what does that mean

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    "according to my reviews"? lol what does that mean
    Sorry for my wrong phrases, actually I want to express, privately, for me~

Some of my favorites.

Kiseijuu (Highly philosophical, nice action) 10/10 anime for me. Aliens come to earth and start inhabiting peoples brains, but one of these terrestrials ends up in a guys hand. He learns to coexist with it and the battle between logic and emotions starts.

Inuyashiki (philosophical, some action.) 9/10 anime for me. A older man seems unwanted by his family and by society. He practically lives day to day being taken for granted. In the same city, there is a psychopathic high school student who lacks empathy. One day, aliens go to leave earth and kill the two of them by mistake. They reconstruct their bodies with their technology, giving both of them the ability to destroy the world. One fights for justice, the other for fun at the expense of others. Believe it or not, they're both protagonists.

Speed Grapher (Philosophical, some action) 10/10 anime. I actually don't know why this anime isn't more popular. It's amazing and nobody seems to have seen it. The story shifts a lot the first few episodes. It starts with a war photographer investigating the criminal underworld. Later, it goes into the life of a rich high school girl who is being manipulated by her rich mother and rich boyfriend. Apparently she has something in her saliva that triggers a dormant "disease" in people that lets their subconscious desire manifest in reality. So now when this war photographer takes pictures, whatever he takes a picture of blows up. He ends up in a bigger conspiracy theory that he ever imagined. The ending to this anime is absolute gold and I can imagine something like it happening in the real world.

Steins;gate and Mob Psycho are both my favorites. I'm also liking Attack on Titan, they're making it better than the manga imo. Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist are also great series to watch.

Edit: Forgot to mention Jojo, godtier show.
    Last edited by Paetolus; 2019-06-10 at 04:07 AM.

Code Geass
    Ghost In The Shell
    Hellsing
    Inuyasha
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Dragon Ball Z
    Rurouni Kenshin

10+ Year Old Account
    Voltron the original that’s it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I like shonen fighting shows, girly/comedy slice of life shows, sci-fi/horror, magical girl shows, and weird shit.

Basically any anime that is good and I find enjoyable.

My absolute favorites (and ones that I have watched 2-10 times) are:

Urusei Yatsura
    Dragon Ball
    Ranma (vastly prefer the manga at 20+ reads)
    Dirty Pair TV/OVAs
    Dirty Pair Flash 1/2/3
    Kemono Friends
    Patlabor (everything)
    Sailor Moon
    Mahoromatic
    Hunter x Hunter
    Princess Nine
    Slayers (and all the movies and OVAs)
    Azumanga Daioh
    Lucky Star
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Outlaw Star
    Please Teacher/Twins
    Pretty Derby
    Princess Tutu
    Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    Tenchi Muyo (everything including side series like Geminar, GXP, and Parallel Dual)
    Excel Saga
    Chiyo's School Road
    You're Under Arrest
    Burn Up (various series and OVAs)

I could go on but you get the picture.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

91 days was one hell of a wild ride, still one of my favorites. Steins;gate was really good. Psychopass season 1 was great. God eater, Higurashi, Fate/stay night:UBW, akame ga kill, inuyashiki, my hero academia, made in abyss, Mirai Nikki, Attack on Titan are all some of my favorites. Huge preference for psychological/thriller anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Started watching Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball heck probably close to 20 years ago....maybe even more. Because I'm lazy and slow I just finished Yu Yu Hakusho recently. Rurouni Kenshin is another I really enjoyed. Never really got to see much of them but I'd like to start watching the various Gundam series soon. Hellsing was nice but it was unfortunately a bit short IMO.

A short list of my favorites-

Ghost in the Shell
    Trinity Blood
    Cowboy Bebop
    Hellsing Ultimate
    One Punch Man
    Darker Than Black
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Steins;gate and Mob Psycho are both my favorites. I'm also liking Attack on Titan, they're making it better than the manga imo. Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist are also great series to watch.

This is a post of culture.

Appreciate it.

Although I recently watched all of Code Geass and would now also throw that into my top anime.

Past that, I'll throw out a curveball that I'm sure some would appreciate, Shinsekai yori or From the New World.
    Granted, I don't give it a 10 out of my own personal enjoyment. It's actually extremely well made and I'm not quite sure how it put it into words, but despite my own enjoyment of it I find it to be a show that deserves the respect.

I do have my MAL in my sig though for more ideas.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
    One Punch Man
    Trigun
    Rising of the Shield Hero
    Berserk
    Garo: The Animation
    That time I got reincarnated as a Slime
    Hellsing
    Cowboy Bebop
    Dragonball/Z/Super
    My Hero Academia

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Some of my favorites.

Kiseijuu (Highly philosophical, nice action) 10/10 anime for me. Aliens come to earth and start inhabiting peoples brains, but one of these terrestrials ends up in a guys hand. He learns to coexist with it and the battle between logic and emotions starts.

Inuyashiki (philosophical, some action.) 9/10 anime for me. A older man seems unwanted by his family and by society. He practically lives day to day being taken for granted. In the same city, there is a psychopathic high school student who lacks empathy. One day, aliens go to leave earth and kill the two of them by mistake. They reconstruct their bodies with their technology, giving both of them the ability to destroy the world. One fights for justice, the other for fun at the expense of others. Believe it or not, they're both protagonists.

Speed Grapher (Philosophical, some action) 10/10 anime. I actually don't know why this anime isn't more popular. It's amazing and nobody seems to have seen it. The story shifts a lot the first few episodes. It starts with a war photographer investigating the criminal underworld. Later, it goes into the life of a rich high school girl who is being manipulated by her rich mother and rich boyfriend. Apparently she has something in her saliva that triggers a dormant "disease" in people that lets their subconscious desire manifest in reality. So now when this war photographer takes pictures, whatever he takes a picture of blows up. He ends up in a bigger conspiracy theory that he ever imagined. The ending to this anime is absolute gold and I can imagine something like it happening in the real world.
    The first one, Kiseijuu, is a mastery of telling people on protecting environment haha~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I am not a big anime guy, generally because the medium is, well, pretty fucking homogenous. My girlfriend is watching My Hero Academia and it's seriously literally 1:1 every other shonen action anime on the planet. You have supposed 'parody' series like One Punch Man, but these fail as parodies because they don't feel like parodies because anime is in itself a parody of itself and no matter what you do or how wacky and zany and self-aware you try to be, there's always an anime out there that did what you did but with an unironic straight face.

That said, there's some anime that hold a near&dear place in my heart.

Lupin III - Every series (including Blue Jacket). It's really good classic anime that existed before the stagnant tropeism of more modern series. The films are much more of a mixed bag, though. Some are great, some are okay, a few are downright pretty bad lol.

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are both incredible series. The latter is more structured and tells a better and more realized story, but both are more or less masterpieces.

Big O - It's a little goofy at times and it suffers from the "first season is monster battle of the week episodes, second season tries to tell a story stuffed into one season" syndrome, but it's a very very stylistic and cool anime. I'd like to see more like it.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Both series. They're not perfect (both far from it) but their core themes and ideas are really cool and I think the series is actually a little "too good" to be just an anime, it would make a really interesting drama/action-lite western series.

DeathNote - I feel the same way about DeathNote as I do with Fullmetal Alchemist, though to a bit of a lesser extent. It's a cool idea that I feel was really held back by being a manga/anime, it'd make a very good live action thriller (which is probably why it's adapted so damn much, albeit none of the current adaptations are very well done).
    Ahhh,BIG O, the robot is cool in every aspects, also handy in Super Robot War series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post

Attack on Titan, yep, brilliant work in its kind with numerous implications on real world haha~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Code Geass
    Ghost In The Shell
    Hellsing
    Inuyasha
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Dragon Ball Z
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Code Geass, the story plot and its machinery design, nice~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post