Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelthaen View Post
    Anyone else noticed that the price for that mount is 524,288, or 512 multiplied by 1024, which is 2^9 multiplied by 2^10? Maybe I'm just a nerd for these things, but it seems as if they are using Base 2, or binary numbers, and the mount being a mechanical mount and all, I just found it curious.
    I'm not clever enough to notice these things, but if it's anything other than a coincidence I think it's fantastic.

Correct me if i'm wrong.....

Patch 8.2 = Mount patch?? The only content I saw is mounts, mounts, mounts.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolution69 View Post

I call it the carrot on a stick patch. Got to keep them subs active with people chasing all the mounts/pets.

Anyone else notice that, after mount #300 in your collection, more of them to collect just don't seem worth it?

And toys , don't forget the toys , this is what the typical wow player wants nowdays ...yikes

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    Oh look another gold sink mount, how long will this trend continue? Not everyone is gold capped blizzard, not every player was around at the end of legion taking advantage of the follower table with an army of alts. I think you have drained enough gold from the economy at this point. This nonsense should have stopped after the auction house mount.

BFA isn't anywhere near interesting enough to want to log on and farm herbs/ore/whatever for the gold for this.
    Not every one needs to get every mount if it’s not worth your time don’t get it, I know I won’t be.

- - - Updated - - -

A fair chunk of the new mounts come from doing content rather that be raiding or the new reps, others have been added to old reps and are just gold sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Anyone else notice that, after mount #300 in your collection, more of them to collect just don't seem worth it?
    Nope.

But I'm an actual mount collector. 436 unique ones, going 500 and beyond.
    Some people don't collect mounts at all, never reaching 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    And toys , don't forget the toys , this is what the typical wow player wants nowdays ...yikes
    As opposed to back in the day when a rare mount dropping could break up guilds.

Yikes, you people.

i remember when i could actually afford new mounts that come out. wtf is this 500k crap?

Cosmetic rewards are permanent. Gear rewards come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Cosmetic rewards are permanent. Gear rewards come and go.
    It's not only just that gear rewards "come and go" (and they do, certainly.. and very quickly these days)... but they are just largely unrewarding. period.

That is the biggest problem in WoW right now IMO and why I'm looking forward to classic.

That was certainly the case for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I really wish they weren't giving these Mecha-mounts so freely. I absolutely and completely believe that they should go back to a more strict looting/acquiring methods - either through professions, raids drops and very, very tedious grinds a la TBC. Yes, we have those now but they are nowhere near as difficult and time consuming as Engineering Helictoper, Ashes (pure RNG, yes) or Netherwing.
    funny because there is threads talking about how these mounts are TOO hard to get...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyusekiV2 View Post
    Oh look another gold sink mount, how long will this trend continue? Not everyone is gold capped blizzard, not every player was around at the end of legion taking advantage of the follower table with an army of alts. I think you have drained enough gold from the economy at this point. This nonsense should have stopped after the auction house mount.

BFA isn't anywhere near interesting enough to want to log on and farm herbs/ore/whatever for the gold for this.
    how long will it continue? about 15 years so far, so i doubt it will end soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i remember when i could actually afford new mounts that come out. wtf is this 500k crap?
    when where you able to afford gold mounts? cause 500k now is like... 5000 gold back in tbc

- - - Updated - - -

gear is replaced and becomes useless.
    mounts, otys, pets, never replaced, never useless.

- - - Updated - - -

then you havnt been looking man.

essences
    mega dungeon
    raid
    2 new zones, one a timeless isle like with constantly new interestingly changing content
    the other with a BG built into the map itself in warmode
    new gearing systems
    mounts/pets/toys of course
    mount equipment
    bounty hunter system
    quests

think theres more, but thats all i can come up with on my mind right now

- - - Updated - - -

idk, im almost 400 and i still get super hyped over atleast 1 in 5 mounts, there is ones like lil donkey eh.
    but all these mech mounts i am super hyped, SUPER hyped.
    the nazajatar ones, not quite my style so i dont care
    well the crab ok thats amazing
    but all the mech ones i am sooooo fucking hyped, the bike, omfg the bike I NEED IT
    GIVE ME THE FUCKING WHEEL BIKE BLIZZARD! I NEEED IT LIKE NOOOOOW

I'll feel this way after 350. Unless 450 is something so incredible it convinces me to give two shits about farming mounts again.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    It's not only just that gear rewards "come and go" (and they do, certainly.. and very quickly these days)... but they are just largely unrewarding. period.

That is the biggest problem in WoW right now IMO and why I'm looking forward to classic.
    Will the gear rewards in Classic remain as rewarding when you've worn them for 2 years, never replacing them with anything new?

Gear not being the reason for playing the game is a good thing. Having other reward systems and making gear a tool rather than having people in a frenzy over it, ninjaing left and right with guilds breaking up over a single piece of epix, has been a boon to the game overall.

I still feel plenty rewarded when a piece I really want for optimization drops and I get it, but long-term rewards that last between expansions are still my drug of choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I NEED IT
    GIVE ME THE FUCKING WHEEL BIKE BLIZZARD! I NEEED IT LIKE NOOOOOW
    Don't they have 2 of those wheel mounts, 1 from completing everything on Mechagon and another from a drop or such?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Will the gear rewards in Classic remain as rewarding when you've worn them for 2 years, never replacing them with anything new?

Gear not being the reason for playing the game is a good thing. Having other reward systems and making gear a tool rather than having people in a frenzy over it, ninjaing left and right with guilds breaking up over a single piece of epix, has been a boon to the game overall.

I still feel plenty rewarded when a piece I really want for optimization drops and I get it, but long-term rewards that last between expansions are still my drug of choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't they have 2 of those wheel mounts, 1 from completing everything on Mechagon and another from a drop or such?
    yep... and i want them now. right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yep... and i want them now. right now.
    I feel that.
    Bloody fantastic mounts, those wheely bois.

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post

You can only replace the gear so many times before you get kind of apathetic to it all. These days i just farm gold, transmog, and mounts.

As for Classic? I can't play my favorite class or race so no thanks.
    Last edited by grandgato; 2019-06-10 at 07:24 PM.

I'm so tired of these mounts costing hundreds of thousands of gold. It's so damn annoying that if you want decent looking crap you have to devote your life to playing the AH Mini game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I'm so tired of these mounts costing hundreds of thousands of gold. It's so damn annoying that if you want decent looking crap you have to devote your life to playing the AH Mini game.
    The amount of people that play the AH is limited, they are after the people that want it enough to buy it with token money.
    In other words they are truly becoming a mobile game company fleecing the players for IRL cash for the best upgrades.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    funny cause the better version of the mount drops from the dungeon
    the one from the vendor is rusted and borked to shit.