Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best spec for pve

Guys what is currently the best spec for bfa raiding ?

Aff or Destro, play what you enjoy the most, they are pretty equal in terms of output.

Mostly, Destro, there are only 2 fights in BOD that Aff is better on

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    Mostly, Destro, there are only 2 fights in BOD that Aff is better on
    That depends. Aff outperforms destro in BOD at the 75th percentile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21

They're about equal at the 80th percentile, only once you get up into the 90th percentile does destro really pull ahead of aff:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../21#dataset=90

Most people aren't gonna be playing this well, so for most people aff ends up being the best spec in BOD. If you're good at aff though, you can compete with destro on most fights.

Trying affliction but my dps is so low . Was not getting same with destruction so surely am doing something wrong. Tried raidbots and seems fine

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...scale/samantas

Personally, my aim with all DPS classes is to rank 90s or at least high 80s, and so it's Destro for me no question. But if you're not that ambitious, it's mostly a wash. You should probably try both out (maybe in LFR?) and see what you feel most comfortable with. Playing well is more important when specs are close, and some people just do better with one over the other for various reasons. Neither is particularly complicated to play, so see what works best for you. Unless you plan on going into mythic hardcore, spec-based performance is not going to be an issue for you here.

EDIT: Also look at your Azerite traits. They can make a LOAD of difference, and if you don't have the right traits for your spec, your performance may be quite a bit lower.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2019-06-12 at 06:35 PM.

Sorry I changed some some gear an hour after you posted ....had the right traits for affliction.

The only fights where one spec is far superior is Grong/Jadefire/Loas as Destro and King Rasta/Opul as Affliction.

All 3 specs are perfectly viable, just play what you enjoy the most. Top logs is just padding at this point anyway

Quote Originally Posted by seniorproc View Post
    All 3 specs are perfectly viable, just play what you enjoy the most. Top logs is just padding at this point anyway
    TBF, when are they not? When applying for guilds I always outline in my logs how I avoid damage and do mechanics unlike Johnny the DPS whore that is in my group.

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    TBF, when are they not? When applying for guilds I always outline in my logs how I avoid damage and do mechanics unlike Johnny the DPS whore that is in my group.
    I dont get what point you are trying to make here? You can't not do mechanics and stand in fire on mythic without dying and that will result in a green or grey log - And it's not as much padding in the very beginning of a tier(while its a progress boss) unless it's a meme boss tbh, just how i remember previous tiers atleast
    Last edited by seniorproc; 2019-06-14 at 09:18 PM.

I agree with this. I play Demonology because its the most fun spec for both pve & pvp, but of course. Whoever wants to be cutting edge has to adjust to what it good in the current patch, but this is like 2-3% of people.

Destro is great. Always need one in a raid

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    That depends. Aff outperforms destro in BOD at the 75th percentile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21

They're about equal at the 80th percentile, only once you get up into the 90th percentile does destro really pull ahead of aff:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../21#dataset=90

Most people aren't gonna be playing this well, so for most people aff ends up being the best spec in BOD. If you're good at aff though, you can compete with destro on most fights.
    Most people is an understatement. We are talkin 10% of the 1-5%

10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 specs are great depending on the fight and traits. Demo can annihilate aff or destro if played well or tyrants pan out.

Most fights are long range cleave fights so demo loses by default even when it has the strongest single target or sustained aoe output.

As far as affliction or destruction for raiding goes, you basically cannot go wrong with either, they are probably the strongest specs in almost every fight this tier.

M+ demo just wrecks shit. It's not the powerhouse it used to be before the nerfs but it's still one of the strongest range specs. If a boss fight is around 2 minutes and you can get 2 tyrants off, you are likely never even seeing the competition, that's how far ahead you can be. Aff and destro are just horrendous with reaping.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2019-06-19 at 04:45 PM.

If you enjoy killing things off slowly in half the time go aff, if u enjoy killing shit in 3-4 casts at the most go destro.

I'd rather watch paint dry then play as aff ever again, tried it the other day and had to log off to get over how mind numbing it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    If you enjoy killing things off slowly in half the time go aff, if u enjoy killing shit in 3-4 casts at the most go destro.

I'd rather watch paint dry then play as aff ever again, tried it the other day and had to log off to get over how mind numbing it is.
    How fast you kill something isn't really relevant though for raiding.

you can just swap to destro or demo for world quests if it's about that.

My warlock is ilvl 403 and i'm currently enjoying Demmo and think it's pretty decent, Was destro before but Always pulled aggro from the voidwalker so i enjoy Demmo more due to felguard being a very nice tank.

Tho i've yet to do any Raids or M+ so this is just my opinion as Open world stuff only, But i imagine Demmo being quite nice due to the big aoe from that bat ability and also the bladestorm from felguard.

But in the end just play what you enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post

You're being horribly overdramatic.

Unless you were trying to kill a single elite with Aff, then sure. But I guarantee that in open world PvE (which is clearly what you're talking about, since nothing dies 'slowly' in raid/dungeon settings with two other DPS), nothing can clear the sheer multitude of trash as Affliction can. I can pull up to 15 non-elites at a time and 8 elites at a time and get my shit done faster than 'burning it with fire'.

That being said, it's really whatever you like to play. I always enjoyed Affliction, but couldn't get into Destro or Demo, so I did infinitely better with that spec.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    You're being horribly overdramatic.

Unless you were trying to kill a single elite with Aff, then sure. But I guarantee that in open world PvE (which is clearly what you're talking about, since nothing dies 'slowly' in raid/dungeon settings with two other DPS), nothing can clear the sheer multitude of trash as Affliction can. I can pull up to 15 non-elites at a time and 8 elites at a time and get my shit done faster than 'burning it with fire'.

That being said, it's really whatever you like to play. I always enjoyed Affliction, but couldn't get into Destro or Demo, so I did infinitely better with that spec.
    That's where you are wrong buddy, when it comes to AoE Destro is king. Cataclysm then Bane of Havok + 2 Chaos bolts + 2 Conflgas = everything dead.

Maybe go back and play around with destro, and see what happens.