Thread: Memes

Memes

Are memes allowed in the Fun Stuff/Chat Zone subforums? I didn't see them mentioned in the rules section of either subforum. Memes seem pretty topical/mainstream and it might be fun to have a meme megathread if it is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Are memes allowed in the Fun Stuff/Chat Zone subforums? I didn't see them mentioned in the rules section of either subforum. Memes seem pretty topical/mainstream and it might be fun to have a meme megathread if it is allowed.
    Judging by both funny pictures megathread and anime thigh thread in the chat zone subforum, they are. In fact, funny pictures megathread seems already to cover the topic of your suggestion for the most part, seeing as most memes are either pictures or GIFs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Judging by both funny pictures megathread and anime thigh thread in the chat zone subforum, they are. In fact, funny pictures megathread seems already to cover the topic of your suggestion for the most part, seeing as most memes are either pictures or GIFs.
    Okay. Well memes and funny pictures are different, but the funny pictures thread is decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Think they are permitted in the fun stuff subforum. I know meme only answers in other threads (like Off-topic Gen and GenD) can be reported and infracted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey it seems that even if you do have other things than the meme in your post, a certain mod will still infract you. FREE THE MEME! It's better than nipples anyway.
    Dunno, would believe that the content should be constructive and more of, than the meme, I guess 70% content, 30% meme? Haha. Dunno.. How I used to see it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    There is more lenience in Fun Stuff/Chat zone for those kinds of things, but it still depends on the thread. We're not an image board and unless the thread is for that purpose we generally expect some level of substance to posts.

Sorry I can't give a black and white answer but like most things it is very contextual. If you're not sure, you can always PM the mod that is active in that thread.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |