Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MAJOR SPOILERS] Vol'jin Storyline

I have not seen a thread on this yet so I decided that I will make it.

It seems like Vol'jin will become the new Loa of Kings from datamined text on wowhead.

"I thought I sensed something special about your spirit. You have a loa within you... waiting to be reborn.
    I cannot promise that you will survive... or what form of loa you will become. But I shall allow you a pod to be reborn.
    Life be full o' mysteries. I be learnin' ta embrace dem and see what happens next.
    <Scene swaps to Vol'jin being put into a pod, then slowly fades to black... before snapping back to Bwonsamdi standing in front of Vol'jin's pod.>
    Rezan be smarter dan I thought... but now dere be a new loa who be havin' a deal wit ol' Bwonsamdi. Heh heh heh..."

From what I gather is that Rezan imbued part of his spirit into Vol'jin, and now at the end of his storyline Vol'jin will become a new loa with the Winter Queens help. It has been strongly hinted that Vol'jin would become a loa during his questline with Zalazane in BFA.

What are your thoughts on this? Do note this is still Alpha text and could be subject to change.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=311903/...n-winter-queen

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    I have not seen a thread on this yet so I decided that I will make it.

It seems like Vol'jin will become the new Loa of Kings from datamined text on wowhead.

What are your thoughts on this? Do note this is still Alpha text and could be subject to change.
    I'm okay with it.

I was telling a lot of people on WoW official website that this would be happening, but everyone didn't like it/got mad at me.
    Guess I was right

I wonder if Bwonsamdi will let him live in De Other Side?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I think that I will forever remember Vol'jin as a retard for giving all the military power to a psycho, yet at the same time good for him for his new power-up. Hopefully he uses that power to fix his mistakes and help us fight the Jailer.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'm okay with it.

I was telling a lot of people on WoW official website that this would be happening, but everyone didn't like it/got mad at me.
    Guess I was right

I'm also okay with it and as a matter of fact I love it! It explains why Zandalari paladins/Priests could still use their powers with Rezan imbuing Vol'jin with his spirit. We may see Darkspear Prelates soon enough!
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2020-04-16 at 08:28 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Vol'jin and bwonsamdi never had a bad relationship and he even asked baout him I believe when he was off the radar.
    Speaking of that, I hope we learn abit more what he has been doing and how rezan did that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    I'm also okay with it and as a matter of fact I love it! It explains why Zandalari paladins/Priests could still use their powers with Rezan imbuing Vol'jin with his spirit. We may see Darkspear Prelates soon enough!
    This should happen, Rezan infused Vol'jin actually doesn't sound that bad. if only Vol'jin was Rastakahn then it would be perfect.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Vol'jin and bwonsamdi never had a bad relationship and he even asked baout him I believe when he was off the radar.
    Speaking of that, I hope we learn abit more what he has been doing and how rezan did that.
    I just don't know about a possible Loa of Life (assuming that's what he'll be) living in an Afterlife realm. I guess he could just return to Zandalar tho

This should happen, Rezan infused Vol'jin actually doesn't sound that bad. if only Vol'jin was Rastakahn then it would be perfect.
    Right? I stared to really miss Rastakhan when 8.2 came out and I was doing World Quest in Zandalar

7+ Year Old Account
    the shadow hunter being the new loa of "light", don't appeal to me.

All this storyline with vol'jin to me feels like a lot of dogshit, they trying to make up for their past mistakes, after killing him pathetically just to be a plot device to boost Sylvanus story. it ruined him and the horde, and now it seems they are just trying to put a nail in the coffin

A true troll would live again, and take his place in the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I think that I will forever remember Vol'jin as a retard for giving all the military power to a psycho, yet at the same time good for him for his new power-up. Hopefully he uses that power to fix his mistakes and help us fight the Jailer.
    He was manipulated by some force to give power to Sylvanas.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting bad vibes with the warcraft lore recently. It feels like the change between Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar, going all power fantasy.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

3+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to admit, I'm not a very big fan of them giving Bwonsamdi the Winter Queen as a 'boss' (at least it looks like they are), or the
    fact that his realm is in a Druidic Afterlife. I might change my opinion on it after a few moths but we'll see

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    He was manipulated by Mueh'zala who works for the jailer.

Formerly known as Arafal

Can we just let the dead characters stay dead for once?

Why not use WC3 Reforged for something other than scamming the player base and release a set of new campaigns that'd introduce new characters, new races etc?

This way you can save time building new characters in the game, something that Blizzard has been failing at since Garrosh. Instead let the players go through a war campaign as seen by these characters. I mean, the most beloved characters were given to use not by WoW, but WC3, as it allowed a more personal take on them.

These campaigns would be free to people with active WoW sub.

Terrible, terrible lore. Vol'jin was never more then a distinguished leader amongst the Darkspear. He never did anything remotely worthy of Loa status nor was Loa ever something you could "earn" before. Otherwise, why the fuck isn't Zul'jin up there?

This is just a blatantly obvious overcompensation for him being thrown under the bus in Legion. He deserved more than to do nothing an entire expack then get nuked in the prepatch but that doesn't mean you make him a god. Something simple like his spirit lingering on to take vengeance on Mueh'zala would have been perfect, instead they decide he has to become a god.

Blizzard proves again they can't do subtlety.

10+ Year Old Account
    The notion of the Zandalari having a troll from a lesser tribe their Loa of Kings is laughable, they had infighting over Bwonsamdi, this guaranteed to cause bloodshed.

Why not give the position to Talanji? make her into a true God Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Terrible, terrible lore. Vol'jin was never more then a distinguished leader amongst the Darkspear. He never did anything remotely worthy of Loa status nor was Loa ever something you could "earn" before. Otherwise, why the fuck isn't Zul'jin up there?

This is just a blatantly obvious overcompensation for him being thrown under the bus in Legion. He deserved more than to do nothing an entire expack then get nuked in the prepatch but that doesn't mean you make him a god. Something simple like his spirit lingering on to take vengeance on Mueh'zala would have been perfect, instead they decide he has to become a god.

Blizzard proves again they can't do subtlety.
    I wish more people saw though Blizzard's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He was manipulated by Mueh'zala who works for the jailer.
    And soon we will figure out who the jailer works for, there is no end to this manipulation.

We're going to find out that Sylvanas was really a hero and working against the big bad and manipulating them all this entire time.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2020-04-17 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    Can we just let the dead characters stay dead for once?

Why not use WC3 Reforged for something other than scamming the player base and release a set of new campaigns that'd introduce new characters, new races etc?

This way you can save time building new characters in the game, something that Blizzard has been failing at since Garrosh. Instead let the players go through a war campaign as seen by these characters. I mean, the most beloved characters were given to use not by WoW, but WC3, as it allowed a more personal take on them.

These campaigns would be free to people with active WoW sub.
    Because everytime something not wc3 related is introduced it's nearly always panned before it hits data mining because "not wc3 linked is filler bullshit." that always happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Mehzula did it apparently, by the last datamine
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    The notion of the Zandalari having a troll from a lesser tribe their Loa of Kings is laughable, they had infighting over Bwonsamdi, this guaranteed to cause bloodshed.

Why not give the position to Talanji? make her into a true God Queen.
    The text says that Vol'jin himself may not survive, and they have no idea what type of Loa will come out. We may get a new loa but lose Vol'jin, or get Vol'jin as the Loa of redemption or revenge. Hell might even be the Loa of Cooking, teach Nomi how to cook better than we did.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because everytime something not wc3 related is introduced it's nearly always panned before it hits data mining because "not wc3 linked is filler bullshit." that always happens
    Nope. It does not happen.
    And when they make some war3 related thing it's retarded. They just use war3 for a retarded cool effect or nostalgia call.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-04-17 at 06:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvefire View Post
    Vol'jin had strong connections to the loa, not only because he was a Shadow Hunter but because of his various actions over his life. He was considered 'one of his favorites' by Bwonsamdi, Shadra was beholden to him due to how he handled the Zandalari during Mists. Shirvallah and Hi'reek also seemed to favor him or at least give him recognition.
    Even after dying he was active and guided Talanji in her fight against G'huun which is probably worth bonus loa points.
    You don't have to conquer half a continent to become a loa It's been known that enlightened trolls can rise to become one such as Zanza.

Is this compensation for how badly they fucked him over? Absolutely. But him becoming a loa is not something out of the realm of possibility.
    It's said even his father, Sen'jin, is among them. And Sen'jin didn't even do a fraction of what Vol'jin did

The only thing I don't really like is how the Winter Queen apparently has 'pods' to make him a loa. I mean... That sounds weird as fuck

Zul'jin is probably not there because he allowed Malacrass to enslave loas which is pretty messed up.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Eh I'd rather some dark voodoo ritual to bring him back.