Poll: Tier sets again, yay or nay

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I hope they do. I understand the reason for removing them, especially after Legion which was a bit restrictive due to the Leggo system. But the same problem will still apply: people will get upgrades, say from M+, which they can't equip otherwise they break tier set. so unless they make it that you can save up some sort of currency to upgrade the tier set so that it is still viable or something similar then yeah I dunno.
    I've got plenty of ring and cloak upgrades I can't use because of the raid set already. Shrug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    See im puzzled, i love the customizaton of azerite, but i wish it was more a choice between 2 instead of all these, and that way they can introduce new ones every teir, instead of frontload, then we have those same ones the entire expac, cause the only difference with azerite and teir is you have a choice, and its front loaded. aswell as system things like unlocking, and not changing on spec...
    Most users will be confused with more than two options, so you can't have more.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Never in the history of the game has gear sets been so homogenised and boring and a massive reason is removing class sets in favor of armor type sets.

i welcomed the change away from sets to azerite.

hind sight being 20/20, i sincerely hope they bring sets back. lol. what a mistake.

Yes, because:
    -they look cool, and art team is going to do something other than using the same model all across the same amor type wearer classes,
    -it's nice bonus and it's something to work for,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes, because:
    -they look cool, and art team is going to do something other than using the same model all across the same amor type wearer classes,
    -it's nice bonus and it's something to work for,
    1. if they made azerite raids only
    2. if they kept azerite, but brought back the VISUAL of teir sets
    3. it changes based on your spec.

would those two make you happy? that way you still have choice and such? (Im including 8.2 changes as in no need to unlock.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    *looks around*

Nope, still WoW. The systems making the game better can be brought back though.

But yes, tier sets were always very welcome, also in PvP. I do miss them.

Yes, they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that with the success of Classic they'll rethink many of their bone head moves from the past.

Tier sets added class favour and allowed blizzard to balance classes in a way that wasn't just "buffed the damage of all abilities by 2%"

They were also prestigious to acquire which is a big thing BFA is missing, goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I strongly suspect most people most extremely obsessed with class sets were not here in Vanilla.
    In Vanilla, when you saw anyone with any set, /respect mate.

Even if it was the Defias/SM sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Azerite armor is CRAP but tier sets are also crap. I want to see something new.

Depends. 4p tier was meh and wouldn't do much to change my mind on WF/TF, however a 6p or even full-blown 8p tier sets I think I would actually be ok with WF/TF. The tier pieces should still be BiS (and the equivalent TF'd ilvl) but that would be a happy medium (to me ofc) where WF/TF was like badge gear. You still aim for the tier pieces but if you had shit luck, or whatever you're still feeling like you're progressing.

I just don't like the thought of strictly chasing nothing but RNG for upgrades. I swear (if I'm right, is this still the case?) where even at the WF/TF upgrades were randomized stats, literally like D3? If so, that, I could never get behind.

I understand why they did it. They ran out of ideas for interesting bonuses. Id be fine with class specific looks on armor rather than the generic armor type look we have now. Even if there isnt any bonuses to the armor.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I voted no, but it's a qualified no.

I think Class sets present two problems:

1) A ton of art budget used up for something relatively few players will actually see. Now I get that people like to cry huge salty rivers about how they don't think the way BfA has used the freed-up art budget well enough, but I feel like it's a bit clueless, because the reason it hasn't been great has nothing to do with class sets, and everything to do with the decision to scale back how extreme WoW was beginning to look, which was actually a common player demand, and them not doing it very well. I would argue the more "extreme" look was actually working for WoW.

I guarantee if we had class sets, tons of people would be absolutely bawling about how awful they were and how Blizz fucked them in arse and so on, because every time there are class sets, that happens. It's some bears shit in the woods stuff.

2) The set bonus mechanics associated with them are extremely problematic, and present issues in how they interact with other parts of the game.

I'd sooner see the art budget devoted to them than see traditional set bonus mechanics come back. I don't think those are good, interesting, or work well, and all they really do is cause ridiculous balance swings which suddenly make a class extremely OP or near-worthless mid-expansion. That's shit.

So if they come up with an alternative to the set bonus mechanics, I don't mind them coming back, but I will say, everyone who asks for them back should be forced to sign a waiver where they forfeit all rights to ever complain about how their class set makes them look like a turkey swallowing a pumpkin or whatever.
    Exactly this^ well thought out and not letting biases and what not get in the way.. I disliked Tier sets because of the bonuses, as well as hoping that the all mighty RNG would grace you with a set piece and getting bummed out when it didn't..

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I hope that with the success of Classic they'll rethink many of their bone head moves from the past.
    I try asking people, and rarely get an unbiased answer, what would classic's "success" look like to you?

Do you think once the nostalgia wears off (and all the QoL changes that were implemented since) people will still find it enjoyable?

Personally, I suppose as long as there's enough players to fill even one server (so what, 3-5k?) and they actually play it would be a success to me. I do think there will be people who play nothing but classic, but my concern is those who want to play both but simply due to time have to pick one over the other and retail gets the choice. In other words, I wonder if raiding on classic will be offset for the majority of guilds since the majority of players will be raiding on their mains on retail.

I don't think there's enough of a base of players (those from the era) that still have either a.) a desire to play games, b.) a desire to play WoW, c.) the time to play games, d.) the time to play WoW and/or e.) the time to play classic WoW. That concerns me the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    For art sets?, sure.
    For actual set items? No, please stay the fuck away.

The occasional two set item pairing such as BoD cloak and ring is fine, but multiple piece sets are just shit for gearing up, especially when the bonuses offer massive benefits compared to none set items.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Yes, I hate having only 1 transmog set per tier instead of multiple ones (you could usually gather the off-class ones from look-alikes), and most of the BFA transmog sucks. Biggest reason they removed them was so they can create fewer, but better sets. At least they claimed so. Too bad sets aren't better, most of them look awful. We're going into 8.2 and yeey naga heads for everyone. I'd take class sets over this any day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    I understand why they did it. They ran out of ideas for interesting bonuses. Id be fine with class specific looks on armor rather than the generic armor type look we have now. Even if there isnt any bonuses to the armor.
    That would be my guess as can be seen from the later set bonuses in Legion, they became rather dull and boring and at times left one scratching ones head..

Yes, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. if they made azerite raids only
    2. if they kept azerite, but brought back the VISUAL of teir sets
    3. it changes based on your spec.

would those two make you happy? that way you still have choice and such? (Im including 8.2 changes as in no need to unlock.)
    I can't really say. I liked idea of legendaries back there in Legion, but when I played a few months and still didn't have BISes I was kinda irritated.

If they made Azerites raids only, and change their visual to the tier design? Probably.