Poll: Tier sets again, yay or nay

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The results are not shocking at all.

Tier-Sets brought only casual players at a disadvantage and main-raiders with lootpriority in the first weeks for 4-set-bonus had each new tier a huge advantage after the first 1/2 weeks. Casuals and non-raiders had to live with broken specs, because many times the set bonuses were the fixes for the whole tier.

And the same people with the perma disadvantage for many years vote for YES, because reasons.

If blizzard would implement every casual player whislist, there won't be any casual players left playing this game.

I don't mind propper transmog sets each tier/theme but why would you want a system change back to the old, where most of the voters here did not even benefit from at all.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont care as long as armor is cool.
    But I guess they will start making new cool stuff after the bfa.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    No and yes.
    No to bring back set bonuses.
    Yes to bring back class specific cosmetic looks.
    I could support this but there'd have to be some replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please.
    And if not, at least bring back class-specific azerite sets

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I agree, I love to get tier armour back. Was it a mistake to remove them? Well, according to MMO C, every time they released a tier preview, what stuck with me was overwhelming " well, this is lazy and sucks, tier xyz was so much better, dude" - so no wonder they stopped doing it.

At this point, only a "gifted deviantart contributors suggest something, because the fanbase will like it no matter how cringy it is" can save tier armour

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what you suggest? I was there in Vanilla and I desperately wanted my Full Felheart. Got it...and many others in my guild had that urge which drove them. Same for the T2 Class sets.

And it went on with T5 and 6 (for my warlock, didn't care much for T4)
    Felheart is still one of the great looking Lock sets. That, Purple T8, Original T3, T5 and M BRF are some of my favorite.

Absolutely. It should’ve never been replaced

If we get tier sets from world quests as well, sure.

I agree with so many others in this thread, bring back class sets, with strong silhouttes for each class. I don't really care if they have bonuses, as long as each class actually looks like a distinct class.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    If we get tier sets from world quests as well, sure.
    They will be delivered in your mailbox,and you can open it and dress your character in epics from your phone.

On topic: Yeah, tier sets were awesome. If not for the set bonuses, atleast give class specific sets with cool visuals or something.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tier sets, yes.

Tier bonuses, no.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I don't miss tier sets.

But I also don't like Azerite gear.

Can't we just have normal ol' gear for once where you don't have to live with the feeling of running on limited power just because you haven't been lucky enough to get the right drops for your spec? Tier sets, Legion legendaries, now Azerite gear - it's like they WANT us to feel frustrated.

Wait.

Do they WANT us to feel frustrated? Is that how they leech off our money?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I strongly suspect you're wrong tbh. I played vanilla, people loved tier sets in vanilla. I loved them, I remember how happy I was when I got plagueheart, but I'll always remember the day I got my first piece of felheart, before the new models were in, when the set bonus was "has a chance to fear when you're hit."

Was a great feeling.
    So are you like actually obsessed with class sets? You'd describe yourself that way? If not then you're not whom I'm talking about, by definition

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    No and yes.
    No to bring back set bonuses.
    Yes to bring back class specific cosmetic looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Tier sets, yes.

Tier bonuses, no.

This is the exact opposite of what should be done imo. Set Bonuses were minor and usually fairly unimpactful but they weren't a terrible idea. Class specific tier sets are stupid. There are more than two hundred class sets in the game. It is fine for there to be a few expansions that add more racial and area themed armor instead of class sets. I think the best option is to continue the BfA trend of non-class based visuals and focus on unique effect items like we see in Dazar'alor, Crucible and 8.2, and mini set bonuses like the dungeon trinkets from BfA/Legion.

No. Tier sets are cancer. The problem is the replaced them with a worse system. What they need to do is forget about set bonuses altogether. Blizzard has never had any idea how to balance them.

The old system? Most classes had the problem that they were unreplacable, even with better gear. In some cases it was better to farm previous tier mythic for set piece. That is just shit.

Azerite gear? Too many traits with the only way to know if something is better is to Sim. Fuck that. 97% of the population don't need to do that. The best traits are annoited and then all of a sudden everything else is shit.

Of blizzard wants to do set bonuses it should not be gear related. I am ok with an enchant that you keep for the tier. Get it by killing last boss or all m+ 10s. Enchant increases with difficulty. Like +15 or lfr>n>h>m raiding. A raiding enchant for when U raid n one for dungeons n one for pvp? Why not. Of it activates for that content and you do something meaningful to get it. Gear should just be gear and shouldn't be based on luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Stopped reading here.
    What a coincidence!

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Azerite gear? Too many traits with the only way to know if something is better is to Sim. Fuck that. 97% of the population don't need to do that. The best traits are annoited and then all of a sudden everything else is shit.
    Ever heard of bloodmallet?
    Ex https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#h...tacking&tier=3

Not everything else is shit. Now lets get some basic math shall we?

Assuming you are capable of doing 20k dps with best trait In the rithm. Which means a single tier 4 trait gives you 5% of you overall DPS.
    BUT lets see how other traits are doing:
    Uneering vision: (0.7/20)*100% = 3.5% which equals 1.5% dps loss
    Focused fire: (0.9/20)*100% = 4.5% which equals 0.5% dps loss
    Treacherous: (0.7/20)*100% = 3.5% which equals 1.5% dps loss
    Endless hunger: (0.67/20)*100% = 3.35% which equals 1.65% dps loss

I wouldn't say 1.5% less is shit. It means you wouldn't be doing 20k but 19.7k. That is like way below your rotation error margin and rng within rotation.

Oh and you also need to compare agility because difference between 400 and 415 is about 108 Agility. So upgrading from 400->415 gives you about 200 raw dps (1% dps increase).
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-06-12 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You'll still be able to get a tier bonus in LFR bud. Don't panic.

Why would they bring back class specific sets when they can make the lazy shit they're currently doing?
    Tier bonuses and sets were lazy. Azerite required much more work from them. Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more.
    Unless we are talking about only transmog aspects then I agree.
    But as for tier bonus vs azerite
    azerite >>>> boots from fishing >>> * >>> tier bonuses

The problem isn't tier sets, its the stupid Azerite design. I hate having my slots locked by tier sets and getting individual slot upgrades I can't use because they'd break the set. In Legion until the end of Antorus I had 2xToS and 4xAntorus locking SIX of my slots because it just was the best option for me as a Mage. And I got my set pieces relatively early so I spent most of 7.3 without upgrades.

There can be value and variety in gear and sense of progression without tier sets. It can be individual item effects or duos, but gtfo with 6 slots spent on tier bonuses.

Tier sets are not the reason for BfA's dull specs, and azerite and the worst spec balance since several expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Yes, yes, and so much more yes. Big mistake removing them in my opinion. I don't care if you have to hire a costco sized army full of artists. Do it.

A big part of RPG's, including WoW, is class identity. To bundle that into 'armor type identity' was a mistake.
    Replacing the artists might be better than hiring more.
    I love love loooove the D3 armor sets, sadly we don't get that kinda quality for WoW. (

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Not only bring back tier sets but tier set transmogs for each class, not each armor type!
    and stop giving mail users kilts and skirts...T.T
    We don't see Sylvanas wearing kilts and skirts...so why should player hunters be subjected to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Strongly want tier sets back, Azerite is trash and has been trash since beta.
    Unlike FF, i don't think blizz would scrap and entire expac just cause their idea for azerite gear went horrible wrong. Blizz tested it, didn't work..so we're stuck with it for an entire expac. I think many will leave if they continue using azerite gear into 9.0.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted no simply because I don't want tier sets back. But some new type of tier set that is a bit like Azerite or something. I never liked how restrictive tier sets were like but I loved the model's and feel. I feel like they could do something like azerite where you collect a "socket" for the tier set. Giving you a small bit of customization. And then you also unlock a transmog for that slot that is highly unique and/or class/theme specific.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."