Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,555
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    She's just an immature leftist who knows she can't sit down and win a political debate so she resorts to attacking the person instead of the policy position.
    Would you say the same applies to crowder who made the socialism is for fags shirt? Could he not win a debate about socialism so he had to make the shirt instead?

  2. #42
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    23,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    All jokes are equal. Some jokes are more equal than others.
    All depends on the political tribe you belong to!
    go into a ghetto filled with african americans and joke about say i dunno the kkk.....your probably not going to come out of there alive.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  3. #43
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    26,226
    I don't particularly care about either entity in this squabble.

    Telling a person he should off himself is repugnant. With that said, neither Crowder nor this Taliesin whoever are people I give a shit about.
    3.6 roentgen . . . not great, not terrible. - Comrade Dyatlov

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You've never read history. Its obvious.

    1. The German government acted against Hitler. They silenced him, broke up his organization, and he was even sent for prison. ALL OF IT BACKFIRED. He wielded these actions as a weapon to smash the state. He argued it was unjust and adopted a martyr position. It made him stronger and he turned it around and eventually took over the nation.

    2. The Russians acted against Lenin. The Russian government came after him to prosecute him but he fled the nation off and on several times, dodging police. He wielded these attacks on his character to smash the state. He argued it was unjust and adopted a martyr position. It made him stronger and he turned it around and eventually took over the nation.

    3. The Louisiana government acted against Huey P. Long. The Louisiana state legislature tried him for impeachment and tried to get him discredited thru the press. It only made him stronger and more determined and he broke through it and wound up turning the tables by adopting a martyr position and replacing most government officials with his own supporters. Then he headed to Washington DC ready to replace Roosevelt but got assassinated in 1935.

    You may not read history nor recognize a pattern of events. But let me just say that your "solutions" that you hold dear are incredibly stupid ideas that will ruin us all. You do NOT silence opposition and label them hate speech in this kind of environment. It backfires and becomes the fuel to power it straight to the top.

    If you want to stop it, you use POSITIVE actions designed to make people trust the system again, not banning silencing and shunning.

    We cannot be making these stupid mistakes anymore. We screw up as a society one more time and we're gonna be in a nuclear war. We need to finally learn from history and really really fast.
    Maybe you should stop pandering to neo-Nazis and racists... just a thought.

    The state isn't censoring these asshats, private businesses are choosing to not work with them.

    These shitbags are still free to speak their minds, the government is not stopping them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    She's just an immature leftist who knows she can't sit down and win a political debate so she resorts to attacking the person instead of the policy position.
    Here's one... Crowder is pushing racist bullshit, and his stances are authoritarian, and borderline fascist. I know you happen to be a fan of such policies, but not me.

    Surely you were just as upset with Crowder's personal attacks... right? Maybe we should go back to the main Crowder thread, and check for your utter disgust and logical consistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.
    Yes, someone actually said that.

  5. #45
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You've never read history. Its obvious.

    1. The German government acted against Hitler. They silenced him, broke up his organization, and he was even sent for prison. ALL OF IT BACKFIRED. He wielded these actions as a weapon to smash the state. He argued it was unjust and adopted a martyr position. It made him stronger and he turned it around and eventually took over the nation.

    2. The Russians acted against Lenin. The Russian government came after him to prosecute him but he fled the nation off and on several times, dodging police. He wielded these attacks on his character to smash the state. He argued it was unjust and adopted a martyr position. It made him stronger and he turned it around and eventually took over the nation.

    3. The Louisiana government acted against Huey P. Long. The Louisiana state legislature tried him for impeachment and tried to get him discredited thru the press. It only made him stronger and more determined and he broke through it and wound up turning the tables by adopting a martyr position and replacing most government officials with his own supporters. Then he headed to Washington DC ready to replace Roosevelt but got assassinated in 1935.

    You may not read history nor recognize a pattern of events. But let me just say that your "solutions" that you hold dear are incredibly stupid ideas that will ruin us all. You do NOT silence opposition and label them hate speech in this kind of environment. It backfires and becomes the fuel to power it straight to the top.

    If you want to stop it, you use POSITIVE actions designed to make people trust the system again, not banning silencing and shunning.

    We cannot be making these stupid mistakes anymore. We screw up as a society one more time and we're gonna be in a nuclear war. We need to finally learn from history and really really fast.
    TIL private businesses are the government.

  6. #46
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Would you say the same applies to crowder who made the socialism is for fags shirt? Could he not win a debate about socialism so he had to make the shirt instead?
    Crowder's show is about both politics and comedy. I think the shirt fails in both regards since it has no real political content and I don't think it's humorous. Comedians should have extra leeway in society when it comes to offending our sensibilities, but the caveat is that the joke(s) should reveal something ironic or ridiculous about a person, event, or idea. As opposed to just being an insult like with his shirt.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-06-11 at 09:20 PM.
    Life = problem solving. *Explanation* > Prediction. (Crit)Rationalism, not empiricism. Deduction, not induction.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    TIL private businesses are the government.
    To be honest that is more true then I would like it to be.

  8. #48
    Should receive a ban like everyone else.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    To be honest that is more true then I would like it to be.
    Except it's not true. People can literally start a competitor in minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.
    Yes, someone actually said that.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    My question is, how is this politically an okay thing to do if you are a leftist, and not straight up career suicide for anyone who tells you to commit suicide?
    What the fuck does this have to do with politics?

    Are either of these two internet nobodies running for political office?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Maybe you should stop pandering to neo-Nazis and racists... just a thought.
    I am not doing that. Holy crap. You should be BANNED for making that accusation.

    You guys don't get it. We can't wait for civil unrest to break out before deciding we might be on the wrong path here. We don't get a second throw of the dice. We as a society need to start making the right decisions right now before its too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  12. #52
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    What the fuck does this have to do with politics?

    Are either of these two internet nobodies running for political office?
    Taliesin is a WoW YouTuber who doesn't ever talk about politics and Crowder is a homophobe who thinks he's a comedian.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I am not doing that. Holy crap. You should be BANNED for making that accusation.

    You guys don't get it. We can't wait for civil unrest to break out before deciding we might be on the wrong path here. We don't get a second throw of the dice. We as a society need to start making the right decisions right now before its too late.
    Yes, you have been doing that for a long time. You are pushing this civil war nonsense, and saying people need to be nicer to neo-Nazis, the alt-right, and other shitbags, because they are disenfranchised, and we need to listen to them. Yes, the right decision is to stop normalizing racism, stop pandering to them, and stop doing business with them. Let the world know exactly how racist they are, that their beliefs are completely shitty, and we will push back against their authoritarianism and hatred at every turn.

    This is not a government thing, this is a personal beliefs thing. This is a society that should tell these racist pieces of shit to go away, or they will be shunned by everyone who has a conscience.

    And yes, you are being disingenuous by trying to compare it to governmental action. If you want to be nice to neo-Nazis and alt-righters, be my guest. Hug them, platform them, do all the business you want with them. Just don't get pissed when people associate you with them in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer of Leftism View Post
    While I certainly support more sex for more people and don't think the old norms are viable, it's also become pretty obvious that leftists only support sexual freedom because they think it will spread STDs more, damage the family and damage society. Their intentions are not to spread more freedom, they just want people sick, hopefully dependent on their healthcare too.
    Yes, someone actually said that.

  14. #54
    On the whole, this seems like a non-issue.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Taliesin is a WoW YouTuber who doesn't ever talk about politics and Crowder is a homophobe who thinks he's a comedian.
    Yeah, I've only heard of them via mentions on these forums so I was pretty sure neither have any actual political affiliation. Just the OP trying to construct a nice ol' straw man.

  16. #56
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,555
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Crowder's show is about both politics and comedy. I think the shirt fails in both regards since it has no real political content and I don't think it's humorous. Comedians should have extra leeway in society when it comes to offending our sensibilities, but the caveat is that the joke(s) should reveal something ironic or ridiculous about a person, event, or idea. As opposed to just being an insult like with his shirt.
    So that’s a yes?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    My question is, how is this politically an okay thing to do if you are a leftist, and not straight up career suicide for anyone who tells you to commit suicide?
    Baaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt

  18. #58
    Legendary! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,594
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    go into a ghetto filled with african americans and joke about say i dunno the kkk.....your probably not going to come out of there alive.
    Thank you for proving my point.

  19. #59
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    15,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So that’s a yes?
    Yes he failed at making a political argument. Which is fine if he was trying to be funny, but he wasn't that funny in this case either. But I have found him to be funny, the last one I can remember was him doing the Bob Ross skit.
    Life = problem solving. *Explanation* > Prediction. (Crit)Rationalism, not empiricism. Deduction, not induction.

  20. #60
    Warcraft III Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Managing the WC3 Megathread
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just to clarify the topic, was this someone trying to be "funny" and juxtapose the "socialism is for figs/f*gs" with "put a gin/g*n in your mouth and shoot it" because that's fucking lame if that's the case.
    Yes. That is correct.
    Last signature infracted by a green mod.
    Petty asshole.
    Leeroy Jenkins themed expansion will be 9.0. Source

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •