Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    2. If you can't remove political discussion entirely, I would like to request a more formal stance against right-wing political posters, commonly found participating in threads that bait topics regarding sexism, racism, and other forms of general intolerance.
    You need to go spend some time and reflect on this statement. Everything you are accusing those posters of, you are also guilty of with "right-wing political" specification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised to see all the hate towards mods here. I've barely noticed them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Dude, it's like a zoo... It's fun to see how ridiculous some act.
    I used to come to MMO-Champion and the active thread tracker would be filled with ridiculous things from Gen OT. Like supermarket tabloid level stuff, and so I filtered it out and never looked back. Every time I have to login to MMO-Champion though the filter settings reset and there's always something ridiculous from Gen OT in there.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Out of all the possibilities of MMO's to cover you suggested two dead ones and one niche.

They are all thriving. Albion Online has received a massive influx of new players recently.
    Last edited by Nixiuz; 2019-06-12 at 05:20 PM.

Every year on my birthday I get a phpbb message from MMO-Champion. Every year it is a cherished moment (for bizarre reasons, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    They are all thriving. Albion Online has received a massive influx of new players recently.
    So it went from 275 players to 282? Let's be real, Albion Online is small potatoes and not worth the time to report on the goings on. Same goes with GW2 if we're being honest. There hasn't been a post in that subforum in over 4 days. Eve is what, still a fairly minor player. There is a Runescape thread somewhere in the video game section, I don't think it sees that much action either.

If anything the Video game section needs some sections removed for games like Rift, GW2, Dota2, Minecraft and so on. Most of those sub forums are quite useless now.

When you guys interview peeps from Blizz could you actually have the spine to do your job correctly, and not just toss softball questions. Hard hitting questions and call them on things, instead of just letting talk and say they're pre approved answers.
    Stop worrying about "they may not like us, so we wont get to talk to them again".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware it's slippery slope, but remove the penalty for calling people trolls. There are plenty of cases where it's clear as day.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is magic find? I've found they took over another WoW related website yesterday but there's no indication as to who they are or who they answer to.
    https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6746-...ting-beginning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    What the hell is magic find? I've found they took over another WoW related website yesterday but there's no indication as to who they are or who they answer to.
    Same was doing that. Can't find the mention in the Internet of Magic Find.

Already got out of Hearthpwn since its the same shit, and the website recently sucks. Out Of Cards seems to be better :/
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

As long as I can continue to use foul language and state my opinions, popular or not, I am happy.

Welcome to MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So it went from 275 players to 282?
    Sure.
    Same goes with GW2 if we're being honest. There hasn't been a post in that subforum in over 4 days. Eve is what, still a fairly minor player. There is a Runescape thread somewhere in the video game section, I don't think it sees that much action either.
    MMO-C doesn't generate any content related to those games, so people don't come here for them. E.g. if you look at Reddit, FFXIV and OSRS subreddits have more people online than WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That's it? That isn't a drop in the fucking bucket compared to real MMO's. That is hardly worth a whole dedicated subforum let alone having news posted about that game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    MMO-C doesn't generate any content related to those games, so people don't come here for them. E.g. if you look at Reddit, FFXIV and OSRS subreddits have more people online than WoW.
    Okay reddit may have more people sure but there still aren't enough players in OSRS to have more than a subforum at best. I could see FFXIV being one game that gets picked to have some front page news for sure. Not much else besides that.

That's it? That isn't a drop in the fucking bucket compared to real MMO's.
    Sure. Before you move goalposts about FFXIV having client outside of Steam, Albion has it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

It's an MMO site, can we pleeeeeeease remove all the non-gaming forums? There are plenty of political sites I can go to for that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    My wish list for the site would be for it to acknowledge and report news on MMO's that exist beyond Blizzard. That's mostly it.
    Naaah nothing compared to WOTLK / Cata times.
    The most juicy stuff were reserved to wowhead
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The most illuminating thing in this thread so far is that people read Gen-OT.
    I kinda thought the same thing. There seems to be a lot of disdain for that section.

I'm on the fence about whether this site should remain WoW focused or start covering other MMOs. It probably should at least offer a weekly headline section to share the biggest MMO news across the most popular ones if for no other reason than to maybe help people discover a new game that they might like and not otherwise have gone looking for.

I hope you don't fiddle with the interface, I love that this website is friendly primarily to desktops. Same for the color choice and relaxed layout (someone already mentioned the unfortunately negative example of Wowhead).

Right, my advice for whoever runs this shop (and I know you're paying rapt attention) is to keep the focus on WoW; including FF stuff would probably mean hiring new people and no-one's got the money for that, so don't spread yourself too thinly.

Although if you do include other game news, let us filter it out. Although Diablo nuggets are fine, since hardly anything happens there anyway. As you were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Same was doing that. Can't find the mention in the Internet of Magic Find.

Already got out of Hearthpwn since its the same shit, and the website recently sucks. Out Of Cards seems to be better :/
    It's an ownership group that includes Boubouille, you know, the guy that started MMO-Champion back in the day. And the day to day runnings are lead by people who were either already involved in running the sites or by new people who want to make these sites the best sites they can be and give them active care and attention again.

This new ownership is a GOOD thing.