Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So did you know every bit of information about Curse? About Twitch/Amazon? About Fandom?
    Well, if you wanted, you could look it up. This new owner doesn't even have a working link to their webpage.

I personally don't care about the off-topic forums, that's what the forum filter is for. However, I would like to see the site somehow get worked to be more mobile friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why is it a bad thing though? You use plenty of things with out knowing much of anything about it.
    Stop trying to be devils advocate. THESE PEOPLE make money of you, yes YOU, you deserve to know where your cookies and data is stored at.

If I come to your house, left something in your door, told you not to worry about it, while I also said I will earn money on it, would you be OK with that?

(I just described how the internet works...)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Stop trying to be devils advocate. THESE PEOPLE make money of you, yes YOU, you deserve to know where your cookies and data is stored at.

If I come to your house, left something in your door, told you not to worry about it, while I also said I will earn money on it, would you be OK with that?

(I just described how the internet works...)
    They will have to re-send everyone a email for this.

Get new moderators.

Current ones are power-tripping egomaniacs. Pushing their own insane SJW agendas, and censoring most if not all dissenting opinions and point of views.

Also, some of the rules on these forums are really weird. Spamming blatant troll & bait threads are allowed, the creators actively protected by the mods. But calling someone out on it gets you warned.
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2019-06-14 at 02:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So you know every little bit of information about your ISP? Your cell phone company? Facebook? Your grocery store? Your gas station? Your bank? Your credit card company? You are clearly on the internet so this magical mythical privacy thing isn't that big of a deal. I am sure you visit dozens of websites a week that you don't know one shred about their parent companies.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Mobile optimized website >.>

The forte of this site is undeniably the daily wow news on the front page. That service is fantastic, and what drew me in. No matter what, keep that wonderful service up. It's the heart of the site.

The second best part of this site is the forums. I spent many years on the priest forum, it was a very good learning experience being able to see what other priests thought about various matters. Nowadays, I spend my spare time on the mafia games in the fun stuff section, and I love playing with those guys. Insert shameless plug for players who want to join here, etc.

The site also has serious problems. The forums have been labelled as a cesspit by many, and I concur in principle. Especially the gen/ot and politics subsections. There are good topics there, and there are plenty of good posters with insightful reads I would not want to be without having read - but - the signal to noise ratio is low, and the noise is ugly. This is a moderation philosophy issue, since the noise typically stays within bounds of being banned, while still being plenty disruptive. In my opinion, there are parts of the forums a reader cannot enter with an mind of debate, as they are almost exclusively filled with trolls and POW warriors ruining any attempt at debate.

I personally believe the topics of US governance politics and gender wars are especially bad, and would either want to see far more draconian moderation, or a purge of those topics altogether like the the subject of religion, which the mod team enforces heavily. But I guess that is a finding in dispute, and I also believe there are some issues raised regarding whether heavier moderation would be perceived as fair, especially as current moderation isn't perceived as such.

On the technical side, I lament that I do not trust to browse this site without an ad-block. Last time I checked, this site used more user tracking services than I could account, and while I do not know if that has changed - I also do not trust you enough to to not put it back if that is no longer the case. I realize a site needs to make money somehow, and ads is a necessary evil - but MMO-champion has historically pushed that so far over the edge that it will take something extraordinary to happen for me to unblock the site from my adblocker. That this policy of mine has saved me from actual malware served on the site on two occasions doesn't help this case one bit.

Mistakes have been made. This is one of the most toxic places for wow discussion. If you want to make it somewhat better, hire like 100 moderators and enforce hard anti negativity rules. Otherwise it will just spiral down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Mistakes have been made. This is one of the most toxic places for wow discussion. If you want to make it somewhat better, hire like 100 moderators and enforce hard anti negativity rules. Otherwise it will just spiral down the drain.
    So you only want people to say good things about WOW? You just want a echo chamber then.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam