Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marathal View Post
    @Hankmarvin @Kilee25 @mindp

Wow, Mindplague, and Hankmarvin, there are some names going way back. We had a great time back then. Kilee, I think you are right, we have all gotten older, and real life just demands more from us. No telling what will become of the game when we see the Q3 earnings report. The future is not looking very promising.

Thank you guys for a lot of fun and laughs.
    Yes I don't really know what to think about all the recent drama about the working environment there. Some of the stories sound quite bad...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Yes I don't really know what to think about all the recent drama about the working environment there. Some of the stories sound quite bad...
    For those of us that have been around from the Atari days, are any of us honestly surprised about what is being reported?

Shadow:
    Shadow orbs glyphed to resemble ravens circling around your character.
    Old Insanity talent (which also changed the look of the mind flay spell if i recall)
    Psychic horror.
    Void tendrils.
    Cascade.
    Spectral Guise.

Discipline:
    Divine aegis
    Prayer of mending (instant)
    Archangel used to be a PvE spell
    Also Cascade, seeing those projectiles bounce around all over the place, a thing of beauty

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss forums too tbh. Which probably seems ironic considering we're posting on one now, but the internet has shifted more towards videos (due to ease of monetization) and Discord which is a poor substitute for forums imo.

Anyway playing Classic WoW has made me really miss what the priest class used to be in terms of healing. I find modern Disc to be insanely boring, but I'm loving holy priest over on TBC Classic.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I miss forums too tbh. Which probably seems ironic considering we're posting on one now, but the internet has shifted more towards videos (due to ease of monetization) and Discord which is a poor substitute for forums imo.

Anyway playing Classic WoW has made me really miss what the priest class used to be in terms of healing. I find modern Disc to be insanely boring, but I'm loving holy priest over on TBC Classic.
    I will resist videos and streams as long as I can. I always seek out the people nice enough to type video recaps - why I came to mmo-c in the first place for the front page.

I don't like watching videos often even blizzcon was awful to watch the way they drag on and on to build hype just get to the point.

I miss them, too. I started out with them...

It's still there, it's just on discord now.

in 9.2 you can do all faster bro)

Quote Originally Posted by lekzz View Post
    It's still there, it's just on discord now.
    Not a good comparison, in my opinion. Any attempt at opening a discussion on a topic in a public discord server is usually lost in a torrent of people trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to have several conversations at once. And if someone is not there to see the initial message, they're probably not going to scroll through thousands of messages to see if someone asked an interesting question in there somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even imagine what the Discord looks like. If there are thousands of members, it would be like General chat on a high pop server.

I miss the sp.com as well, the ability to log in every now and then and read every discussion at my own pace; the Discord is too ephemeral, there may be knowledgeable players there and tons of info, but requires constant attention to actually see it, not achievable for an adult with work and personal life.

I can't even imagine what the Discord looks like. If there are thousands of members, it would be like General chat on a high pop server.
    Imagine shouting at someone across an elementary school playground in the middle of recess during a thunderstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsinger View Post
    Imagine shouting at someone across an elementary school playground in the middle of recess during a thunderstorm.
    With a marching band playing?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    I miss the sp.com as well, the ability to log in every now and then and read every discussion at my own pace; the Discord is too ephemeral, there may be knowledgeable players there and tons of info, but requires constant attention to actually see it, not achievable for an adult with work and personal life.
    It’s hard to come back to the game, not just finding the right information you need from discord. I don’t like discord at all. I use to have an amazing in game friends list of top players, who I would harass for info. When I give in, subscribe, and log in: the game is a ghost town on my friends list.

With a marching band playing?
    With that school's marching band playing.

Those of you who remember what an elementary school band sounds like...I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    It’s hard to come back to the game, not just finding the right information you need from discord. I don’t like discord at all. I use to have an amazing in game friends list of top players, who I would harass for info. When I give in, subscribe, and log in: the game is a ghost town on my friends list.
    To be fair they might still be on; the friends list is hella broken. Mine doesn't show non-BNet friends at all, but does insist two of my own alts are logged in for some reason.

Another factor that makes it difficult to come back I imagine is that nobody talks to each other anymore. I don't know if that's just "how these players are" now or what, but it's the same in almost every zone in Retail.

Of course I miss the old Shadowpriest days, but what I mean is I miss the old days of forum activity, I miss that desire to log into SP.com to read up on Kilee's discussion thread, the days when I would go read Elitist Jerks, would come here to find answers, even WoW's forums. Things change I guess, it's a different game than when many of us started playing. I'm still around even though I mostly lurk.

Any good impressions of what is coming, or where they may look to design us in the future?
    it’s simple:

- if there is no or not much content
    - if there is a game design many many ppls not like
    - if most content is either rehashed or cheap shit content
    - if the story is shit AF
    - if the community, and the ppl that care, became small AF
    - if many ppls in community are toxic
    - if many ppls in community are pised (of actual wow)
    - if many ppls in community are disappointed (of actual wow)
    - if the game is 17 years old
    - if the game does nothing to appreciate ppls
    - if the game does nothing to aquire new ppls
    - if Blizzard repeatedly tell us they listen but not listen
    - if Blizzard repeatedly show that nothing new will come
    - if Blizzard repeatedly show that nothing will change

… well, then there is not much surrounding environment and not much to talk, discuss or celebrate, tbh.

look at mmoc. most threads are the same complaining threads since 2-3 years, or the same speculation threads about the same next 5 possible xpac features.

well, no wonder that some feelings, existed in the „good old time“, not really have any ground to exist. imo.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-03-29 at 02:31 PM.

Of course I miss the old Shadowpriest days, but what I mean is I miss the old days of forum activity, I miss that desire to log into SP.com to read up on Kilee's discussion thread, the days when I would go read Elitist Jerks, would come here to find answers, even WoW's forums. Things change I guess, it's a different game than when many of us started playing. I'm still around even though I mostly lurk.

Any good impressions of what is coming, or where they may look to design us in the future?
    MOP was Peak Priest IMO, Disc was perfect and should have never changed.

Classic servers are not the same as 2004

I wish hey'd do something about the graphics, whilst keeping the classic content.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Discussion still happens like in EJs days but now it's on streams and specs Discords. The days of blogs and forums are long gone.
    One thing that's kinda sad to me is wowhead. Look up any good item from classic and you'll see there's tons of comments. Players comparing the looks and stats, saying this thing is an upgrade over this thing from an earlier tier. It has their stats compared to this alternative from the same or a same tier raid comparisons for which one is best for which classes in which circumstances. You don't see any of that anymore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.