Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    So many rich douches, high on cocaine, will fall to their deaths.

When can they start building?

It looks cool tbh. Exactly the kind of thing I like doing; scary without actually being dangerous.

Isn't a total waste in London? I mean its cloudy/rainy a lot, you can use the pool what, 4 months of the year? Maybe 6 as its heated? Then getting in and out takes a bit, and if a wall breaks (and yes, shit happens, look at the Paris Airport collapse less than a year after being build) Your dead... you just wash over the side and fall 55 floors. No thanks.
    If they are gonna build this, why London of all places? Why not Dubai, L.A., Palm Springs, Southern Italy or France... somewhere with you know, heat and sun?

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna click that vid...it got probably a floating turd or something...

I wonder, what happens if there's a bad storm? A large body of water will fall down on somebody. If they have an umbrella, the force will hit the umbrella hard towards the person...

And if there's some heavy float, or small canoe that falls 'overboard'? People could die or get seriously injured...

Its guaranteed someone will suicide down from that pool "bye, cruel world!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel dizzy just looking at it :S
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Never going to happen. First, an infinity pool has an extra edge around the pool to catch the water splashing over the side. This water is right at the edge, every movement, gust of wind, or a f*cking stairs coming up, will displace water and it will flow over the edge, straight down to the streets (with the swimmers in it, probably). Second, it’s unbelievably dangerous to have a pool without direct access, no space to quickly get someone out and lay them down, no place for security or lifeguards. Third, something monitoring wind speed is not preventing water from spilling... Fourth, all water filter grates need to be in the bottom. I’m not sure if it’s allowed, but if it is, it’s not very swimmer friendly to have to walk or stand on them, maybe even dangerous (people get sucked in sometimes and get stuck).

Neh, just a prestige project from an architect, but not happening (at least not looking anything close to this).

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I was immediately thinking of the Sims and their pool without a pool ladder to help kill off unwanted Sims.
    No longer works in newer installments. Sad times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Neat design, but horrible in case of an emergency. Say someone is swimming outside, then falls unconscious. You'd have to take them underwater to get them inside the building again. Basically requires 1-2 trained lifeguards to be present at all times.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    "The solution is based on the door of a submarine, coupled with a rotating spiral staircase which rises from the pool floor when someone wants to get in or out -- the absolute cutting edge of swimming pool and building design and a little bit James Bond to boot!" Good luck getting in or out in a hurry.

I'd like to see more information on this. Do you have to enter a pressurized compartment first, like an airlock?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I read it on Yahoo news the other day at work and thought it was both funny and stupid. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's just a PR nightmare waiting to happen when/if people fall to their deaths.
    It's not even a PR nightmare, it's also a logistical nightmare. The cost alone to maintain this, and have it actually be used... is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...cli/index.html

I guess they want to do a submarine type thing, where they open and close a hatch at the bottom of the pool, to enter.
    Finally, no more cheaters or fish out of water in Marco Polo. I'm in!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Concepts are always cool to look at but rarely function very well in reality.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I like the way you think.
    I prefered walling them in..

Anyway, some kind of dive-entrence sounds horrible. They'd essentially need someone with a breathing apparatus on standby to guarantee that your average rich sack of slob can be saved in case of emergencies. Incredibly roundabout and annoying imho, a walkway with a shoulder-high cage wouldn't have impacted the view that much and would have been way easier to handle. Also good look using that with the shitty weather of london, if there is even a 2% of lightning strike I wouldn't want to be up there.

Edit: Nvm, there is a staircare or something, so a they rise an artificial island in the middle with a staicase or something? That is probably even more of an issue, because it will just take up alot of time everytime you want to access that. Typical airhead architect dream because they are desperate for fame and recognition.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-12 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I don't wanna click that vid...it got probably a floating turd or something...

I wonder, what happens if there's a bad storm? A large body of water will fall down on somebody. If they have an umbrella, the force will hit the umbrella hard towards the person...

And if there's some heavy float, or small canoe that falls 'overboard'? People could die or get seriously injured...

Its guaranteed someone will suicide down from that pool "bye, cruel world!"
    just throw in a chocolate bar thats smelting on a hot summerday for simular effect

Hard No on that one.

This looks dumb. Part of the fun of a pool is being able to get out and lay outside or play games like volleyball or something else in a pool. This is one of those things of why? I will go swim for about 10 minutes and be bored. How long will it take to get out? What happens in an emergency and someone needs to get out or is drowning and needs CPR? The logistics of this thing makes me think they thought this will be cool, but don't realize it's not practical in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...cli/index.html

I guess they want to do a submarine type thing, where they open and close a hatch at the bottom of the pool, to enter.
    looks like some kind of spiral staircase probably in a sealed elevator type thing so it pops up and opens up so you can get into the pool then retracts.

Will never meet British health & safety standards. No chance.

Where do the lifeguards sit?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Where do the lifeguards sit?
    Funny, cuz my first thought was "I'd hate to be that poolboy".

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of infinity pools to begin with, but a pool without a deck is even stupider, imo. Just because you can make a car with square wheels doesn't mean that you should.