Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    But there is plenty of content.
    How often do we need to repeat this again: there is no content in BfA. Yes, we have a lot of things, a lot of REPEATED things, that is simply a copy&paste of the last expansions. Farming archievements is also not really content. Sorry, but content-wise BfA is on par with WoD:
    WoD also had a lot of content too. Sorry, but it's not because of pace, mechanics; WORLD QUESTS ARE NO CONTENT. Repeating the same crap we did while leveling is no content.

    And yes, it's blizzard fault, when you create 3 leveling zones for each faction, and absolutely 0 endgame-content at all.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Linking to a video with 2k views and then saying EVERYONE in the same sentence....you're not helping your argument at all with that.

    They removed abilities that most people probably never used or rarely used. They also were trying to combat screen shotting and cooldowns in general by removing some of those as well. This is all information easily accessible from Blizz themselves. The prune was needed, some classes had upwards of 20 or more abilities that rarely ever got used. They wanted to simplify the game for newer players probably, who knows. Whether or not you agree with what they did is your opinion and I could care less.

    They didn't prune away the class identities like they did with Legion though.

    But it's ok, all you can say is "You didn't play back then", which is like the worst comeback ever.
    That is the worst response you can come up with. I have also linked a gigantic list of pruned abilities.

    Class pruning was needed but also was the biggest one. 1/3 specs felt like shit in MoP, then in WoD the same amount of specs did feel shit.

    Saying "my class feels shit" can be used by anyone and everyone at any damn point of WoW history. Because this is a fukken opinion. Not a fact.
    If your class were turned into garbage (by YOUR opinion) just find something you enjoy or leave the game because there was never a point where all classes felt good for everyone.

    I liked pre legion hunter, hated it in legion and now its meh so i just switched to demo lock. And stop your whining. Literally every thread on MMO turns into whining cool kids circlejerk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    TL;DR: An idea to solve a problem of not enough content is to introduce more content.
    Except the content I meant was suppose to have rpg elements in it (gearing up), and gigantic variety as you would have random spells, random map, random bosses and random enemies. Also cool spells from bosses (like i said before, giving cool boss abilities to players imo could be its selling point).
    Imagine having Glacial Ray from jaina in this scenario.


  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lets get real, wow is not dying because some garbage arguments like LFR, catchup gear, easy stuff, nobody gives a shit about it. It is because it lacks fun content.

    And blizzard is way to concerned if something "fits" their story. My opinion? F*ck story, we ain't gettin anything close to good story. And we certainly should care if "idea of mage tower fits the story".

    I had some pretty cool shower idea:

    Introduce a mini faction - not related to story.
    • Intro scenario similar to assault on broken shore - skippable on alts. But it would give you idea how it works.
    • No quests, daily quests, world quests whatsoever.
    • Rep would be built by doing weekly scenarios, can be done multiple times but each run would diminish how much rep you gain (so it would be like 3-5 per week at most)
    • You would have 3 sidekicks. Healer/tank/dps.
    • Scenarios would be pretty close to a mix of whithered army scenario and chromie but with sidekicks.
    • You cannot use your class abilities, instead you have 8 buttons, 3 to command sidekicks (move, attack, stand back), 5 on special abilities (that would rotate each week).
    • Each run would give you gear upgrades to your sidekicks with different rarity, and meaningful rewards - AP, resources and gold (diminished each run).
    • No gear rewards, instead some world quest quality items to buy for reputation.
    • Mount for exalted, pets and toys for revered etc, nothing special.
    • Different maps each week (10 at least, but not big, and blizz could use some old world maps for that.)
    • Different boss at the end. No way ot overgear your sidekicks - tho it would make runs smoother.
    • Oneshot mechanics so you can't faceroll it. And sometimes would HAVE to use ability "stand back"
    • Boss difficulty a in between brawlgar anena and mage tower.
    • Pots/booster that works only on this scenario like +20% dps for sidekicks for 20 seconds, -50% dmg taken for 10 seconds.
    4

    If you had similar ideas share em here.
    Here is the problem.with making fun content, what is fun for one isn't for another and everything between. Time to ay and reward to effort also matters. That list of yours has maybe 1 or 2 things I would be interested in and several things that in my mind would make the game worse.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    1/3 specs felt like shit in MoP
    Sorry you lost all credibility here. Ask almost anyone when they had the most fun playing their class and more often than not it will be MoP and if not it's in the top 3. I just gotta assume you are trolling now. I can't take you seriously anymore, it's been fun chatting.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    How often do we need to repeat this again: there is no content in BfA. Yes, we have a lot of things, a lot of REPEATED things, that is simply a copy&paste of the last expansions. Farming archievements is also not really content. Sorry, but content-wise BfA is on par with WoD:
    WoD also had a lot of content too. Sorry, but it's not because of pace, mechanics; WORLD QUESTS ARE NO CONTENT. Repeating the same crap we did while leveling is no content.

    And yes, it's blizzard fault, when you create 3 leveling zones for each faction, and absolutely 0 endgame-content at all.
    I does have content... but it gets boring after first 3 island expeditions, 2 warfronts, 5 world quests...
    We miss solo scenarios, content that shift itself so much you can have fun for extended period of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Here is the problem.with making fun content, what is fun for one isn't for another and everything between. Time to ay and reward to effort also matters. That list of yours has maybe 1 or 2 things I would be interested in and several things that in my mind would make the game worse.
    And this is what you don't understand. By saying we need more content I meant: More content ideas that appeals to wide variety of people tastes. This was just ONE example of content that could have been fun for some (I think pretty big) portion of playerbase (considering Mage tower was popular).

    To be completely precise I think we need:
    1. Definitely more dungeons, 10 dungeons per entire expansion is way too low.
    2. MORE pvp maps - come on, how long are we gonna play the same maps.
    3. More solo scenarios - like the idea I posted above.
    4. New bosses in brawlgar arena
    5. Some cool ideas of events - maybe even multiple at once.

    Basically content that is procedural and doesn't feel like chore because each time you play it - feels the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Sorry you lost all credibility here. Ask almost anyone when they had the most fun playing their class and more often than not it will be MoP and if not it's in the top 3. I just gotta assume you are trolling now. I can't take you seriously anymore, it's been fun chatting.
    Sorry I did not lost any credibility anywhere, had 9 classes back then. Did not enjoy at least 3 of them in any way - because they felt shit to me.

    Still remember powerleveling them on windward isle, joining group with people farming there for boxes while doing pet battles - it was one of the quickest way to level up because 1 pet battle gave exp = 1 quest. And having 2x Proto drake in team you soloed everything there without healing your pet. While you got passive exp for killing fast spawning mobs from the dude.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You do know that there are other games out there and you could even play this game called "Pokémon" that has a much more in depth pet battling system with story and content? Why force yourself to do pet battles just so you can say "I'm logged in to WoW."
    Well, I enjoy it. It’s just another aspect of the game for me.

    Pet battling is apparently my drought filler. It works out!

  7. #127
    Stood in the Fire Guardian Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Mainframe
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Skipping the content that became irrelevant. There is no content that will last forever. Forcing returning player to do old shit before they will be able to enjoy new features is straight way to kill the game.
    Having gear that isn't just stats is usually enough of a reason for players to return. Like a trinket that gives your attacks a chance to gain an extra attack. As long as the rewards are there players will return. Today we have too much focus on stats instead of unique incomparable's.
    And since this is MMO means you can't (as returning player) ex. go solo to uldir. You need to get 9-29 other people to do it with your. Which boils down to:
    1. Playing with pug - which people tend to avoid.
    2. Asking your friends who stayed in the game to help you do a content they no longer want to do.
    I don't see a problem with that. Make friends and get to know people. What's so different from getting people together to run a raid for transmog gear?
    And game is dying because core concepts never changed. Lets get real, its not because any of the dumb reasons people ever suggested. Its because no matter how many "contents" they will throw at us. It is essentially the same old shit.
    True except for the core concepts never changing. The base mechanics never truly change but grouping and loot have changed massively. You don't need to get to know people and you don't need to raid to get the best loot. How you fight monsters and interact with the world hasn't changed much.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    Having gear that isn't just stats is usually enough of a reason for players to return. Like a trinket that gives your attacks a chance to gain an extra attack. As long as the rewards are there players will return. Today we have too much focus on stats instead of unique incomparable's.
    That is partially true. But you are not fooling players like blizzard tried with crucible of storms raid where there was a lot of unique effects items. They were mostly shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    I don't see a problem with that. Make friends and get to know people. What's so different from getting people together to run a raid for transmog gear?
    You dont see a problem with that. But not everyone want's to make friends even in mmo. I have a guild, been a raid leader but there is a lot of content I do while having absolutely no intention of getting familiar with other players ie. lower M+ keys, older raids etc. AND you can't expect your friends to always help you with that. I wouldn't go to uldir now, nor any of the legion raid because I am fed up with them and don't want to see it at least for a year.

    So forcing returning or new players to do old content before they can jump to current tier will most likely make them leave in a half way. Imagine playing MMO with friends except your friends are fed up with old content cause they have done it so many times, but you have to do it with pug in order to play with friends. Nope, ain't gonna happen ever again. Catchup mechanics will stay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    True except for the core concepts never changing. The base mechanics never truly change but grouping and loot have changed massively. You don't need to get to know people and you don't need to raid to get the best loot. How you fight monsters and interact with the world hasn't changed much.
    Grouping and loot isn't enough for even make a dent on core concepts. Even in vanilla best loot not always came from raid - so this part didn't really change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •