Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

What a troll
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

So... what does this mean? What changes will be appearing?

I remember this one forum I visited for over a decade. Then ownership changed due to them being bought several years earlier and then some friction. The site transformed into shit. Lucikly the original people who ran the site made a new site and exodus from the old site to new site made it good.

Please dont turn mmoc into shit. I have seen it happen before on other sites. I dont want to have to search another site.

Yeah, thanks for this site guys. You're good people.

I'm just laughing at the trolls trying to get the mods fired in the other thread, could you trolls be a little more obvious? The mods here are fine. Any time i got banned, I 100% deserved it, and so did you. Hey, new owner guys, raises and donuts for the mods!

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: [MMOC's WoW Site] Chaud and Boubouille Thank You Thread

Or that time when chaud posted a nyan-cat homage to the front page because Alayea suggested it when she saw the glyph preview and I yelled "DOOO EEET!" chaud got stupid **** over it from users who actually thought the music was in-game and "old meme trash" but I still love it. Epic. And hi Bibi! I always enjoyed when you typed in all caps in chat - The Voice of God.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So... what does this mean? What changes will be appearing?

I remember this one forum I visited for over a decade. Then ownership changed due to them being bought several years earlier and then some friction. The site transformed into shit. Lucikly the original people who ran the site made a new site and exodus from the old site to new site made it good.

Please dont turn mmoc into shit. I have seen it happen before on other sites. I dont want to have to search another site.
    You know what forum I miss? IMDB's. I'd assume there's a replacement out there. The persistent megathread format for old movies works so well. Reddit is only good for currently airing really with how their system works

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shoutouts to the legendary days of the Cata Leaks

Did Boub ever run naked through the streets of France that one time?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Big thanks to all those involved over the years!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    The site just changed ownership behind the scenes. People are posting like it's closing. It's weird, because it seems to be just the opposite.
    Curse Community is closing bunch of sites. This would have (presumably) been one of the sites being axed. But new owners came in to make sure it'll keep on chugging.
    Basically that. MMOC is not closing, this sale was literally for the purpose of it not closing.

The site has changed parent companies a bunch of times over the years and most of those times had negligible impact on the site -- so little in fact that most people seem to have forgotten or not noticed them. So, that the site changed hands again (actually the second time this year) doesn't really mean much on its own. It is only notable in that it puts the site back in the hands of some people who really care about it rather than just see it as something unimportant that came packaged with the product they really wanted.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

To clarify, I made this thank you thread on a more personal level to thank chaud (especially, whos been a one many army in some regards) and boubouille rather than about the sites future, though I suppose at first glance it might have been taken way since i was putting mods and talking about general enjoyment in there too. Just wanted to be inclusive

To MagicFind, thanks for keeping the site alive. Yeah, Fandom probably would have axed it considering they weren't really buying it for MMOC afaik. When Twitch/Amazon initially bought Curse, I think they did it for Curse Voice (which was more relevant before the rise of Discord) and the underlying tech, total guess though. https://www.businessinsider.com/amaz...s-curse-2016-8 Looks like it. Discord has probably taken a lot of market share away from CV since 2016 though.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-06-15 at 07:16 AM.