Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Does it bother anyone else that when you hover over your bar, it says "Artifact Power" and not Azerite? Why is it called artifact power, if we do not have artifacts? Just something small that bugs me every time I see it.

Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that when you hover over your bar, it says "Artifact Power" and not Azerite? Why is it called artifact power, if we do not have artifacts? Just something small that bugs me every time I see it.
    Because the system is a 1:1 import from Artifacts and Blizz was too lazy to change the name.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic:
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Gotta say, the gal does look badass in those pics. She could really use more character development.
    Indeed, blizzard is always top notch in making fan arts of characters, such a shame Yrel got her deveploment cutted alongside Durotan which has a lot of potential with his honor code of war(pragmatic but not totally ruthless and neither a pansy)

Soyboys Manduin and Baine are getting their softy asses kicked by a crazy, glowing goat? Sign me up please
    Me too, I would even main my paladin draenei paladin for the whole expansion if that happend, wishfully Yrel will throw Anduin to some Colisseum to fight against many taurens and black dragons "wink". Also Locus Walker having crashed with her will be another flavor I would like to see in the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

The problem with Azerite Armor is that you just refarm every new season for the exact same traits you had before. If your BiS azerite comes from m+ (2 of my pieces do) then you’re literally refarming the exact same piece of gear every single new season. This is one of the biggest downsides imo.

Another big downside is how they’ve been using these systems in general. They need to stop treating these rental systems as permanent class design for the expansion and instead treat them as bonuses. They only serve to hurt class design if the class barely functions without the armor considering they get removed at the end of each expac. It forces them to either rework classes each expansion or hope and pray that the rental gear system fixes all the issues (which it won’t).

Honestly, if they just made the Azerite Armor traits available as soon as you get the armor and the grind is for the neck with essences (similar to 8.2) I think that would be a fantastic system to carry forward. We basically get tier sets again just in the form of Azerite Armor without having to grind for the traits while also having the essence system that provides big class gameplay changes that we grind for.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-06-12 at 09:42 PM.

Blizzard is gonna make very sure that there's is no mentioning of "Azerite gear" or anything what people might be naming "9.0 Azerite gear" in 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Expect a return to "traditional" gear. No artifact power hamster-wheel grind. No azerite armor, no gimmicky essences
    This would be fantastic, but i think its very unlikely. My opinion is this return to traditional gearing / progression would be very beneficial to the game, and to me as i prefer that method, but i just dont see it going that way. After E3 and the devs talking about 'live service' games and 'a major shift in monitisation' etc etc, i just dont think the entire industry is listening. Well, except CDPR, those guys are listening. They get it.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    The Heart of Azeroth IS an Artifact, just like the Legion weapons.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

I hope it's gone after BFA and they bring back tier sets.

We will probably either fight with or against Lich King Bolvar, possibly against the appearance of the void lords.

they definitely won't be continuing with it, it's an expansion feature. I will be interested to see where they go next. I would like to see tier sets make a return but they should make 3 sets: a dungeon set for mythic plus, a world quest set and a raid set. and literally make the only drops for the tier slots be tier

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    and literally make the only drops for the tier slots be tier
    That would make tier boni trivial, as well as actually reduce the number of looks you can get from raiding, as you can only get your class items, and not lookalikes from other classes on your armor type.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

Will probably be a cloak/ring/trinket thing closer to legion artifact weapons but with more options like now instead of it being a talent tree. They will call it some other weird thing that starts with "a" so we can continue using the term "AP". My bet is on ascension pessence (p is silent)