So what even is the crucible of storms?

It says its a portion of N'zoth but I thought N'zoth was imprisoned in Naz'jatar, which is on the other side of azeroth. Is he that big that he stretches all the way there? What is that huge eye? Can Nzoth have multiple host bodies? How did we find out about the crucible. I is confused.
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    He is just that big.

All old gods are gigantic and stretch continents.
    Yogg for example is at least as big as northrend.

Formerly known as Arafal

Could've been part of his body that was severed during the imprisonment, which he was able to possess once more after e.g. the Cataclysm loosened the restraints.
    Or just the corpse of some huge OG minion, shaped to serve as a vessel for N'Zoth.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't think too hard on it. Blizzard isn't serious about its lore. Accept that it is N'Zoth and move on.

If you roll a void elf and look into the sky, you will see other planets. Some of them have tentacles so massive that they can be seen from your perspective. They literally eat the world and convert it into biomass.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It is a dread place, shaped by the will of the D'evs at the command of their master Mar'Keting, using the words of power, "Fill Ur".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Basically must be the point of one of its longest tentacles.
    Don't worry tho, even if it is now free, devs will pull something outta their asses to just make it raid-size.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    It says its a portion of N'zoth but I thought N'zoth was imprisoned in Naz'jatar, which is on the other side of azeroth. Is he that big that he stretches all the way there? What is that huge eye? Can Nzoth have multiple host bodies? How did we find out about the crucible. I is confused.
    Because Old Gods aren't small lil' creatures with lots of tentacles or eyes, they're huge massive creatures stretching across the entire planet, like a parasite. Yogg Saron and C'thun, the small small part of them that we saw were insignificant portions of their bodies that were released onto the surface. But In their respective prison cells they're still held down, they're not dead either.

Lorewise they cannot die, we can only hurt them, injure them, hell nothing in WoW dies anymore according to Blizz lore in the past 10+ years, not that I like It but that's how they see It until they change it.

I mean, even big baddies that we killed in Warcraft 3 after campaigns of struggling just re-appear out of nowhere as end-expansion bosses and then get killed off as quickly as they appeared. No I'm not at all salty about ARCHIMONDE's DEATH IN WARCARFT 3 BEING INSIFNIGICANT DUE TO THIS FACT...

Blizz, let people die. AND LEARN TO MAKE NEW INTERESTING CHARACTERS. I'm a roleplayer on WoW, have been for 14 years. Any decent rpers whose been around for even a short amount of time, for even a quarter of the time I've been a roleplayer can make you a relatively complex expansion storyline with over hundreds of characters that have personality, complexity, emotion and most importantly, CONSISTENCY..

I digress...

Crucible had a tiny tiny piece of N'zoth, but his like main body mass or something is held down by Titan Chains down beneth the waters. Who knows why those chains happen to be right under Azshara's Palace especially considering the rouch location of the palace was next to the Mealstrom which used to be the Well of Eternity which is the wound from which Y'shaarj was pulled out from by Aman'thul. So that makes no sense, but hey I'm not Blizzard lore guy.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2019-06-13 at 05:15 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Because Old Gods aren't small lil' creatures with lots of tentacles or eyes, they're huge massive creatures stretching across the entire planet, like a parasite. Yogg Saron and C'thun, the small small part of them that we saw were insignificant portions of their bodies that were released onto the surface. But In their respective prison cells they're still held down, they're not dead either.

Lorewise they cannot die, we can only hurt them, injure them, hell nothing in WoW dies anymore according to Blizz lore in the past 10+ years, not that I like It but that's how they see It until they change it.

I mean, even big baddies that we killed in Warcraft 3 after campaigns of struggling just re-appear out of nowhere as end-expansion bosses and then get killed off as quickly as they appeared. No I'm not at all salty about ARCHIMONDE's DEATH IN WARCARFT 3 BEING INSIFNIGICANT DUE TO THIS FACT...

Blizz, let people die. AND LEARN TO MAKE NEW INTERESTING CHARACTERS. I'm a roleplayer on WoW, have been for 14 years. Any decent rpers whose been around for even a short amount of time, for even a quarter of the time I've been a roleplayer can make you a relatively complex expansion storyline with over hundreds of characters that have personality, complexity, emotion and most importantly, CONSISTENCY..

I digress...

Crucible had a tiny tiny piece of N'zoth, but his like main body mass or something is held down by Titan Chains down beneth the waters. Who knows why those chains happen to be right under Azshara's Palace especially considering the rouch location of the palace was next to the Mealstrom which used to be the Well of Eternity which is the wound from which Y'shaarj was pulled out from by Aman'thul. So that makes no sense, but hey I'm not Blizzard lore guy.
    Y'know, I keep thinking the Titans may have messed the prisons up a bit too. It's not like they were experts or especially careful and also thought they had a foolproof surveillance in place with the Keepers. What if they used the power from the Well of Eternity for the prison chains and thus bound all of the Old Gods to the Well spiritually? By that I mean not bodily moving them there, but magically attaching the chains to that source of power, so they'd not ever get depleted and were maintained in the same "natural" way the world was by the power from the Well ("natural" as in only using a little of the power, not draining it any more than the upkeep of life on the surface and especially near the Well). That would also explain why the Old Gods were talking to Deathwing from the Well, as far as I remember that wasn't only one Old God's voice in the War of the Ancients, was it? Which would also be why the Old Gods were so interested in the Legion coming through there, because it would have severely weakened their shackles, because the power of the Well would be broken or at least diminished. The Titans also attached the World Pillar for the Plane of Earth, aka Deepholme, to the Well somehow, else it wouldn't have been at the Maelstrom.
    The Well was the single most powerful source of magic energies available on Azeroth, I can't believe the Titans didn't use that for any really powerful magic they had to put in place that had to last aeons.

a deus ex machina device the reapers left behind just in case anyone wants to destroy them

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you roll a void elf and look into the sky, you will see other planets. Some of them have tentacles so massive that they can be seen from your perspective. They literally eat the world and convert it into biomass.
    You can also see that from the Vindicaar after you defeat Argus in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    It is a dread place, shaped by the will of the D'evs at the command of their master Mar'Keting, using the words of power, "Fill Ur".
    Appropriate that the only funny post is banned

They are just massive. C'thun was seen in silithus/Tanaris/Un'goro/Feralas/barrens and in Cata we saw lots of tentacles in stonetalon though they might not have been part of C'thun. Yogg spread over all of Nothrend he might even had tentrils all the way to into Lordaeron or further if we look at his Visions during his fight. I hope with N'zoths reveal Blizzard is going to show an old gods actual size. Have him come up between Zandalari/Kul Tiras and wrap around them. Just make him Massive!

Just some giant member of his body, the old gods have many of those things.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-06-15 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

We are inside a part of him yes. When we are consumed from beneath the first boss platform the location we fall into is called 'tendril of corruption', so I believe we are literally inside one of his long tendrils. It is pretty cool. What I find weird is that he's apparently imprisoned but his tentacles, etc can still spread so far. Maybe the way he is imprisoned just prevents him actively moving around and growing larger? He certainly seems to influence enough mortals from within his prison.
    Let my cries chill the living...