Poll: Level Cap in Classic?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why not release Classic with a lev cap like beta?

I'm currently having more fun playing the beta than ever.
    I think its mainly because of the level cap of 30 and lately 40.
    I experience Quests/Zones/Dungeons completely different this way.
    If the beta was lev 60 from the start it would just be a rush to max leve and noone would care about the great stuff on the way to 60.
    I'd love to have a level cap in classic, and a slow increase in max level over time.
    What do u guys think?

Totally agree. Also better for the slower paced players to reach 60 around the same time the rest will reach it.

But, it should not take too long. I would suggest:
    1st month: lvl 40 cap
    2nd month: lvl 50 cap
    3rd month: lvl 60 cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate View Post
    If the beta was lev 60 from the start it would just be a rush to max leve and noone would care about the great stuff on the way to 60.
    I'd love to have a level cap in classic, and a slow increase in max level over time.
    What do u guys think?
    i think that people would cry "no changes!". mostly, people want to be able to speed to 60 so they can complain that they need to start work on BC servers. Nobody is happy getting anything.

NO! Beta is by far not classic. A level cap would change classic actually in a far worse way. And as you said: you experience everything different this way, and this way WON'T BE CLASSIC. Sorry, but this is an utterly bad change, because remaining at a specific level cap actually change the economy in a drastic way, and not one that's good.

Sorry, but no, classic should stay classic in this regard, 60 was the cap, and 60 it should be. And yes, that means that there will be players who will already raid mc while others still struggle to get their money on 40 for their mount. This is classic.

I'm not someone who is against changes, but this change is simply a bad idea, period.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-06-12 at 01:52 PM.

Well when I see how much fun people are currently having on the beta with the level caps I would also like to have a bite of that. Does not really change the game, just the pace.

I don't want to go into a battleground/world pvp matched up against people who are bashing their heads against the wall by farming content 10 levels higher for best in slot items. Some classes are not good at that... at all.

"If the beta was lev 60 from the start it would just be a rush to max leve and noone would care about the great stuff on the way to 60."

Not everyone's a tryhard. Edit: The poll question is worded badly. You can experience the game slowly *and* lvl to 60.

Leveling in WoW (both classic and retail) is tedious and boring, not sure why people should be handcuffed to that torture and not let just to push to 60 asap, where the actual content of the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    Well when I see how much fun people are currently having on the beta with the level caps I would also like to have a bite of that. Does not really change the game, just the pace.
    Are you sure they are having fun because lvl caps tho? And not the fact they play a game they've wanted for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebot View Post
    No, it would TOTALLY change the game. What will happen when we change the pace here:

People are capped at 40 for example. People needs money for the mount, begin to grind. Prices in the AH will plummet. People are buying more stuff, since it's cheaper, makes leveling professions much MUCH more easy to level than it was in vanilla. This makes more people having these professions, more supply and less money out of them.

This is no change of the pace, this would be a change to the whole game, and would dramatically change the economy in a bad way. Professions would be made quite useless, since more people would have them and having them on an higher skill level and so on.

Sorry, but this would be not a simple change, this would be a change to the game, that would NOT make it classic. #betahadit does not mean that it would be good for the game in general. Let's bring it up with another term: this would not be vanilla classic, it would more be classic together with LFR.

As said before: AoE-Looting is not introduced simply because it would **** up the economy. Having a level-cap would actually be worse for the economy than aoe-looting would be. Would it be good for the game? Maybe, but it would simply not be classic.

So in the end:

#nochanges

so instead of slowing your phase down you want everyone to get what you want?

Doing the level caps like beta could be cool, but every time they lift that cap, zones and questing hubs for that level will become congested so it's difficult to level, forcing a lot of people to level through instances only. If the cap was 60 right away, players will naturally by design get more spread out and there won't be a problem leveling outside the starting zones. I mean if you for example roll human and can make it out of Elwynn Forest you are pretty much good to go. Doing the level caps like beta will also make the game more casual. Some people enjoy leveling fast and have a huge level lead over casual players. Many people will rush to the level cap regardless of what it is.

At the end of the day, I vote no. There shouldn't be anything that makes the casual player's life more easy than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I'd like that, it could be fun.

I did something like that in WoTLK after XP locking was introduced. Leveled a hunter stopping experience every 10 levels to complete all available quests and dungeons at appropriate level and do some PvP. Got Loremaster achievement at level 60.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its a mix of both. Because of cap they can do leveling dungeons that otherwise would probably be ignored, trying to get BiS gear for low levels, try more challenging content that is higher level. Then there are fun things like level 30 duel tournament that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
    Yes but they only did that at 30 because that's the highest, if they were able to lvl to 60, they'd have done it at 60.

XP locking was added for the twink community mainly, for the lvl 19 bg twinks iirc. Now with scaling, you don't need it, it's either relevant whilst doing it, or a short while past 60 you won't get enough XP from Vanilla content to level so can enjoy as much as you like then.

Isn't constant timegating of content something hate in current WoW? Why would you want THAT in vanilla?

Damn, Titanforging is a better fit into Classic than BFA-like spoonfeeding.

Imagine wow when it was slower, but... SLOOOOOOWER.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds dumb. If you want to stay at level 30 longer then just remake your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a horribly short sighted idea. If you want to stay at 40 and muck about checking everything out extensively and farming out all the SM gear, then that is perfectly doable without roofing in the rest of us. I'd even encourage slowing down here and there to farm dungeons for stuff you want and explore zones you want to explore. I regularly did that back in vanilla, and I enjoyed doing it, but don't force everyone to play the way you want. Its not fun for everyone. The timegating of retail is one of the things I'm most looking forward to not being there, and this reeks of it. There is literally no reason to not just have it as is. If you want a slower experience, then give yourself that experience, but don't also demand everyone else follow suit.
    Last edited by Xykotic; 2019-06-12 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Wording.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate View Post
    What do u guys think?
    You are just experiencing old content in a new way. There is a reason why there always existed those PvP brackets (lvl19, lvl29, lvl39 & lvl49 twinks). The minmaxing and the balancing shifting back and forth is definitely fun! It's great to see how the players are interacting with each other and the game itself. They decide how their content looks like, nobody is forced to do anything. This is how a good mmorpg should play out.

However I am strictly against artificial content blocking / stretching. You should approach Classic the way you want to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not! End game is what matters, don't make it slower than it already is.

If you want to level slow and explore, just do it, no one force you to speedlevel...

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    If you want to stay at 40 and muck about checking everything out extensively and farming out all the SM gear, then that is perfectly doable without roofing in the rest of us. I'd even encourage slowing down here and there to farm dungeons for stuff you want and explore zones you want to explore. Its not fun for everyone. If you want a slower experience, then give yourself that experience, but don't also demand everyone else follow suit.
    Agree. I'm fine with content such as raids and dungeons being timegated, but don't timegate leveling. Not everyone enjoys farming dungeons such as SM over and over for temporary BiS gear, only for it to be worthless after a month already. Timegating leveling is like drip-feeding a hungry person. For a moment it feels good, but overall it feels horrible.

If you want to stay at 30, then stay at 30. Nobody is forcing you to keep leveling.