Returning Player -- Tips

Hey all! I've recently decided to give WoW another shot and as I logged in I was pretty overwhelmed by pretty much how much is going on.

I started late vanilla - played heavily from BC-Cata, some MoP, then pretty much have quit until now.

I have a bunch of toons, not really sure which one to level at the moment. My lock has seemed to to have gone through a lot of changes so dont really want to re-learn all of that. Any tips on what classes are preforming at a high level right now? And what is the most effective way to level 100-120 and then effective way to gear up.

Thanks in advance!

#ForTheAlliance!

Why on earth would you want to return now?? The game is in a horrible state.

OT: check out icy-veins.com for levelling specs etc. Most effective way for you to level is just do quests i guess.

Honestly, just trying to get back into the flow of things before Classic comes out. Decided id give it a try before this big patch coming out.

If you haven't played since MoP....then it doesn't really matter what class you pick as far as "changes" are concerned. Every spec has been reworked at this point, and they will all be very different from what you remember.

Wait till 9.0, the game awful right now and 8.2 wont change a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, welcome back. You might want to choose any class as they have been through several redesigns these last expansions.
    Just don't roll feral druid because rogues do that better
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Just see icy veins OP. There is no point in us telling you stuff.

Pick a class you like, I will always play my druid, never gonna switch. But that POV might not suit you.

Oh and for lvling, 100-110 just do invasions in legion zones, log out when they aint up, wait around etc...thats the best, else quests.

110-120 is much different, since there are few ways to do it. Questing, buying boosts with gold, island exp lvling etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Do not upset the gnomes. They are op.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadez View Post
    Honestly, just trying to get back into the flow of things before Classic comes out. Decided id give it a try before this big patch coming out.
    BfA is nothing like Classic, so if you’re interested in playing that version of the game I would caution you about playing retail.

Just stop with the negative shit. OP asked for a class to play, not your opinion about the game.

About classes, what kind of content will you play? Which role do you prefer? Do you like melee or caster?

I play balance druid and I enjoy it. Top tier in raid dps, do very good in rbgs. Also a viable class in mythic+, even if they are not part of the current meta. In arena, they're not that good.

Rogue is always a solid choice, both in PvE and PvP.

Warlock is also a top tier class.

If you like melee at all pick up a Demon Hunter. They are fast playing, do great dps easily and offer a specific raid debuff that makes them always worthwhile.

If you want to stick with ranged I'd go ahead and just relearn your warlock if you liked it before. The specs will be far different than what you remember but at the same time on a basic level it's hit the button, do damage. Plenty of time to figure out what you enjoy as you level up.

Play demon hunter. They are broken af. Too mobile, too many defensives, genjimain

7+ Year Old Account
    A good leveling strategy for the 100-110 range is waiting for Legion Invasions and do Bonus quests zones. They net a good amount of experience.

Doing main quests of a zone and one Legion Invasion can easily get yo to 105 in an hour or so.
    I'd reccomend Highmountain. Quests are easy and there's 5 or 6 Bonus zones
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

awesome thanks guys. Where do I find these invasions? Will they just pop up in zones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help me choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Please check online resources and/or the class-specific subforums if you have further questions. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead