Thread: New management!

Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    New management!

    Welcome, MagicFind. Hope you love us.

    Do you plan any major changes to MMO-C?

    If i could give an advice.. close the off topic or at least the political part. The former team was not really able to moderate that.

  2. #2
    The Forgettable Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,848
    If they do, then the last reason for me to stay here will be gone.

  3. #3
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,289
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Welcome, MagicFind. Hope you love us.

    Do you plan any major changes to MMO-C?

    If i could give an advice.. close the off topic or at least the political part. The former team was not really able to moderate that.
    You are getting something wrong here. MagicFind has to negotiate with the current people, even so, that is most likely not our basic moderators. Beautiful Chaud will still be around most likely.

    As well, why would they shut down one of their most active subforums?
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  4. #4
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    As well, why would they shut down one of their most active subforums?
    Because it's more of a hassle than it's worth. Chaud has said a couple times that they might just close it down

  5. #5
    no need to change anything. everything's worked fine for years.

    idk why people have to push stupid pointless changes for no other reason than to change.
    https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

    steve danuser - waifu cringelord

  6. #6
    The Unstoppable Force Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    20,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because it's more of a hassle than it's worth.
    But that's not true.

    It's being moderated by unpaid staff and it brings a lot of traffic to the site.

    Now if they want to change what MMO-C is all about and clean up the public image or something like that, then yeah, closing it down may be a good idea.

    But currently it's just printing money without any costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  7. #7
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because it's more of a hassle than it's worth. Chaud has said a couple times that they might just close it down
    Worth?

    There's like one, one or two paid on MMO-champion? (Can't recall if MMO-C has a 2nd admin)
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  8. #8
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    37,158
    From my experience typically anytime major changes or decisions are made with a business it typically takes anywhere from 9 - 18 Months before it makes its way to the little people. So my guess is any major changes we would have seen by now anything else people probably haven’t noticed already has been happening.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  9. #9
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    9,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    But that's not true.

    It's being moderated by unpaid staff and it brings a lot of traffic to the site.

    Now if they want to change what MMO-C is all about and clean up the public image or something like that, then yeah, closing it down may be a good idea.

    But currently it's just printing money without any costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Worth?

    There's like one, one or two paid on MMO-champion? (Can't recall if MMO-C has a 2nd admin)
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51035452
    Chaud has made similar posts before

  10. #10
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    30,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51035452
    Chaud has made similar posts before
    Sorry, I seem to have misread the last post and took to the value of the whole site, and not just the Off-Topic section.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  11. #11
    On the slim chance that someone qualified to make such changes reads this thread, not everyone wants Gen-OT to go away. I'm a regular and I'm not alone at it. Granted, it could be made better.

    And the guys not liking it can always just, like, not go there.

  12. #12
    I frankly admit that if Off-Topic and Politics gets the axe then I would have far less reasons to visit.
    While "Classic" World of Warcraft" is interesting to me, I don't currently play WoW at all anymore. (quit back on Sept 2016).

  13. #13
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    If they do, then the last reason for me to stay here will be gone.
    Take your shitposter friends with you before closing the door please. Thank you.

    GenOT is the absolute cancer of this video game website...
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,120
    Can't wait for the politics subsection to go away.
    "Welcome to mmochampion, here we discuss the following: America, America, Trump, America, vegans, left, right, right, left, America, and lastly, we thoroughly discuss the political situation of America".

  15. #15
    Gen-OT is the only reason i browse the forums since i stopped playing WoW.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Can't wait for the politics subsection to go away. "Welcome to mmochampion, here we discuss the following: America, America, Trump, America, vegans, left, right, right, left, America, and lastly, we thoroughly discuss the political situation of America".
    And afterwards: "Welcome to mmochampion, here we discuss...hello? Is there anyone here?"

  17. #17
    The Forgettable Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    4,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Take your shitposter friends with you before closing the door please. Thank you.

    GenOT is the absolute cancer of this video game website...
    This is the type of person I really want to be friends with.

  18. #18
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    23,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonaras View Post
    Gen-OT is the only reason i browse the forums since i stopped playing WoW.
    same here. i almost never post in the wow forums. i find them more toxic than the off topic political forums.
    also what is this about magicfind?
    i suggest we remove the wow forums. i find them to be toxic and harmful to the health of this forum.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-13 at 03:15 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    5,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And afterwards: "Welcome to mmochampion, here we discuss...hello? Is there anyone here?"
    Nothing prevents the site from developing in other topics, like maybe one actually dedicated to MMOs lol.
    If people really come on a gaming fansite just to comment on political stuff, there's a problem. I for sure didn't sign up for this, and while I am fine with either outcome, I won't deny my preferences.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Take your shitposter friends with you before closing the door please. Thank you.

    GenOT is the absolute cancer of this video game website...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Can't wait for the politics subsection to go away.
    "Welcome to mmochampion, here we discuss the following: America, America, Trump, America, vegans, left, right, right, left, America, and lastly, we thoroughly discuss the political situation of America".
    "Welcome to mmochampion, here you are FORCED to look at offtopic's politics section because you totes cannot remove it using the filters on the front page"

    People who don't like off-topic, why don't you just not go there?

    I don't like watching shitty reality shows on tv, know what I do? I change the channel.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2019-06-13 at 12:40 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •