Thread: New management!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    I use ABP too, which is why it was alarming to see those ads. Would love to know what's up with the cinematics though, as those weren't ads.
    I use Firefox + ADP + NoScript.

And I see no adverts

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    MMO-C's policy of banning the topics rather than the people is really part of the issue. It's just turned the whole thing into a contest of who can be the best gaslighter.

To name one example: people made a lot of shitty sexist posts about women, so rather than banning the people who kept making shitty sexist posts, MMO-C banned gender topics. With the shitty people still around but their favorite topic bannable, the shitty people switched to dogwhistles. So now the forum enjoys dozens of posts per week about every stupid thing a woman has ever done, but so long as no one ever directly says the quiet thing loud, no one gets a mandatory vacation. And hey, you're actually the crazy one for noticing it, and if you mention the trend or call out a particular user doing it for the troll they are, you're the one in danger of an infraction because that's against forum rules.

And that bandaid fix of removing the topic but not the people has bled over into race, religion, sex, basically any topic worth discussing. At this point 3/4 of GenOT is just a loud mix of dozens of different dogwhistles from a dozen different varieties of shitlords, with more than a few mods who are themselves also shitlords and enable or even personally engage in the dogwhistling.

The fix? If the problem is a forum full of shit, ban the people who keep shitting on it instead of infracting them for taking a shit. It turns out those people apparently can't stop their diarrhea spew, so they hide it away in boxes and insist we're all the crazy ones for saying we can still smell it.
    Holy shit, I think you just explained what I hadn't even worked out in my own head yet. This is absolutely the underlying problem that has me teetering on the edge of completely abandoning this site.

I can get my WoW news from Wowhead just fine and honestly, every forum section is just dripping with caustic bullshit. You can't even talk about a movie without internet shitlords descending on the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I use Firefox + ADP + NoScript.

And I see no adverts
    I use ublock origin. no ads for me.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano