Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3 days to test vanilla AV? That's like 1 or 2 match.

Who's dick do I have to suck for a beta invite?

Asking for a friend

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance wont even queue ...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It's not about REALLY wanting AV testing, it's about pouring your population into an activity so the queues won't be long.
    How do you come to that conclusion? Its Only about testing AV.

So they are really doing it. This is the last thing they have to test after a big rewrite in comparison to Retail. All that remains is dungeons and raids, and those, so far in beta, have worked as expected.

This means they won't increase cap any more than the current 40.

I also think it could mean they will shut down beta once 8.2 releases to generate more hype for it. Or, more correctly, any hype at all.

@therealbowser in relation to the thread a few days ago and why classic AV will be a 10-30min rush, because in 1.12 thats what it became.
    @Misuteri its post the complaints and nurfs
    @Kreo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    3 days to test vanilla AV? That's like 1 or 2 match.
    not by 1.12
    changes of note :

The minimum number of players required to start a battle in Alterac Valley has been lowered to 20 (the maximum is still 40).
    Several terrain changes were made to fix some geometry exploits as well as to adjust for the new graveyard mechanic.
    NPC difficulty has been scaled down. All NPCs have had their power reduced by 15-30%.

Most of the NPC guard units have been removed.
    Players now drop more quest items.
    Creatures that remain in Alterac Valley have had their hit points reduced.

Korrak the Bloodrager and his band of trolls have packed up their bags and left Alterac Valley for greener pastures.

by patch 1.12 a lot of the road bumbs to the boss zerg tactic were gone, though games could still go back to the grinding war they used to be it was only because of some canny defending

from the wow wiki
    In Patch 1.11, the number of NPCs was severely reduced. On some servers, this has led to a strategy that is known as "the race" or "the zerg". In this strategy, both sides bypass the main enemy group and rush the graveyard nearest the enemy base, quickly clear the two bunkers in the base, pull the Marshals, and then pull the General. Each side may also kill the opposing captain and claim a mine or easy Graveyard on the way, but the goal is still to rush the General without directly engaging players of the opposing faction. This leads to a faster-paced game which can be easily won or easily lost, providing more honor per hour than protracted games with the same win rate.
    so max most AV games will take 30mins to and hr

it wouldn't be till TBC patch 2.4.0 that av would be fixed ish with
    Major buffs have been applied to Warmasters and Marshalls; Warmasters and Marshalls now increase each other's maximum health and maximum damage by 25%. This is a stacking buff.

so the AV between 1.12 and 2.4.0 is possibly the fastest version of av even compared to today as you didn't even need to capture the towers, bye the time most people were rocking solid end game gear AV and before TBC AV was a 10-20min affair that was simply run down to the bottom cap the GY then pull and aoe down the boss and marshals.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-06-13 at 03:48 PM.

Meh, who cares; it's the most boring version of AV we had in Vanilla.

Dissapointing that they are using the shitty version of AV. I hoped I would be able to experience the real old AV.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    That sucks. If its all correct, I hope after beta test there will be shitstorm demanding to bring AV back to previous patch or apply other changes. Rushing tactic is not fun at all.
    im assuming its correct as i just copy pasted the archived patch notes. if the wow we get is 1.12 as it was then thats the version of AV we get. unless they change it.

12h battlegrounds inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Who's dick do I have to suck for a beta invite?

Asking for a friend

Streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    Wow, they REALLY want AV testing. They are shutting down all the other beta realms for the entire weekend. That's nuts.
    Why is that nuts? Beta is there for their testing and not your personal smooth and uninterrupted enjoyment.

And for AV it is really a good idea to shut down the other servers if you want enough people to participate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see the stress test and beta in launcher but still cant press play. Its grayed out

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    You really have to force hundreds of people into beta testing something like this.

There is so much in vanilla AV that wasn’t ever used again from a strategy standpoint. So much that could be glitched, exploited etc Of course wait until people start complaining about cave/starting location and 18 hour matches.

Kind of like I miss the one hour standoff duels in WSG.
    The closet feeling of Vanilla AV Atm is Cyrodiil
    i would kill to see old AV back

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Dissapointing that they are using the shitty version of AV. I hoped I would be able to experience the real old AV.
    It's still infinitely better than live. It may not be perfect, but I'll take what I can get.

Edit: Apologies if this is an unintentional necro. Didn't realize the last post was over a week ago.