Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    GI Joe figures. TMNT too.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I doubt you mean the cat, so you are probably thinking of board games. You're probably too young to know AH was Avalon Hill. In those days (1960s) they did the early military simulation stuff with college students and older as their market -- hex grid maps, cardboard counters, battles like Waterloo or Guadalcanal. So as I said, not really toys in the usual sense and since you split hairs over books it would seem fair to say not in the sense you're thinking. As far as claiming to be a prodigy, you might want to tidy up your writing -- I said I was designated as such.

Then it is probably just as well that I don't have it.

Part of getting studied, one gets tested a lot for things like that.

I got through comparatively lucky but my parents went and became parents as flat broke undergraduates who moved every couple of years while my father progressed through his studies and eventually academia. Flat broke undergrads doesn't make it to the level you grew up with, but it wasn't exactly high up the food chain. Anything that didn't fit into the car didn't make it and books got priority over toys.
    Very much toys. I still enjoy games based on said designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Snake Mountain (with the microphone) and Castle Grayskull.

“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82
    Very much toys. I still enjoy games based on said designs.
    To each their own. In the 60s those things were still a novelty aimed at an older market, by now they may well have filtered down to younger age groups. Then again, I saw my books as a substitute for toys. There is plenty of grey area for different takes on some things -- a person who enjoys Warhammer 40K might or might not take issue with being described as playing with toy soldiers for example.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    To each their own. In the 60s those things were still a novelty aimed at an older market, by now they may well have filtered down to younger age groups. Then again, I saw my books as a substitute for toys. There is plenty of grey area for different takes on some things -- a person who enjoys Warhammer 40K might or might not take issue with being described as playing with toy soldiers for example.
    And yet it’s entirely accurate to describe it as such. The increased level of complexity doesn’t negate the base nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82
    And yet it’s entirely accurate to describe it as such.
    <bungee steps gingerly away from the keyboard hoping to avoid the wrath of triggered tabletop gamers>

"He went there, I didn't, get that tar and those feathers away from me!"

I will now go off and play doctor with a nice young lady.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense

I'll be honest, I had way too many toys as a kid. I enjoyed Lego, Knex, the LGB toy train and all the action figures I bought, later on the gaming consoles and lastly my PC. There was no favorite unless you ask me for a specific time frame.

Probably my Dino Riders figures.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-06-13 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

My sega and vidya games.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

https://www.amazon.com/Construction-.../dp/B07JZJ49F6

maybe not this specific one, but one very much like it. and now i'm kinda tempted to buy one, cause reasons

edited - with this as a runner up. again, not this specific set, but one very similar to it

https://www.amazon.com/Becks-Plastil...dp/B00BMKM1A4/

I got to make myself variety of toys
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-06-13 at 05:43 AM.

150 in 1 electronics kit - kept me busy for ages in the late 1970s.

Boycotting Blizzard is like a lactose intolerant person boycotting milk purchases to protest about cruelty to cows, then eating his hamburger whilst doing so.
    If you want to protest against China - then do something meaningful and protest against China

Either Eitech or very similar USSR/Russian construction sets. I like Lego, but metal stuff feels sooo much better.

Stuff like this:

I had Vinny from "The MC Mice from Mars" :P Was my favorite!

My old PC. I spent countless hours playing Red Alert 2, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology. If not the PC then definitely just those little bags of plastic army men, i could spend days setting up mock battles in my head with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    lame. we all know Chance was the best.

i was all about GI Joes. and Ninja Turtles. in fact, they became friends after the Great Turtle GI War. turns out COBRA hated both of them and was doing clandestine shit behind the scenes...

- - - Updated - - -

did you have the music playing dagger?
    of course i did

In order
    Lego
    Game boy
    SNES
    PC
    My dick

does nintendo 64 count

I don't see how video games are not going to be 99% of the responses.
    I guess I'll be part of the 1%? It's a toss-up between old train sets and the black-and-white TV, as there wasn't much in the way of computers and video games in the homes yet. I went for those two because I'd build train towns while watching TV. I have fond memories of using pliers to operate the knobs on the TV since they were all broken off... glad to see antennae are coming back in style, although they're much better nowadays.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    In order
    Lego
    Game boy
    SNES
    PC
    My dick
    Ordered by age (discovery/realization)?