Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82
    Don’t be reductive. Books aren’t toys, they’re far more than that.
    Welp, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't know much about my childhood. My cat wasn't a toy. AH board games weren't really toys. Swimming and martial arts weren't toys. Aside from that I spent my time with ... books.

I was a novelty discovered in an educational experiment, a designated prodigy. I didn't exactly have a normal childhood.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Growing up extremely poor, I do not remember having enough toys to even remember a favorite one. Maybe if you want to count a Dr. Pepper glass bottle, which I pretended was a Pontiac. I did not have my first bicycle until I got out of the Army and bought one for myself 5 years after.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

HOT WHEELS

aside from consoles though

Legos and a lot of Fisher Price's old stuff. Not sure what it is in retrospect with them and making characters without eyes. But they had pirates, knights, darn near every theme I could want.

The 90's version I owned was a knock off though but still my favorite toy I ever owned and I think I got it as a birthday present, 8th or 9th, I've honestly forgotten which.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bone Age or Dino Riders. I had almost all of both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Transformer action figures
    G. I Joes
    And fucking Barbie lmfao when I was real young.
    Hot wheels
    Voltron
    He-Man
    Spider-Man
    Rubic Cube
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Lego. More specifically Bionicles. Those things were the shit and I had almost all of them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Welp, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you don't know much about my childhood. My cat wasn't a toy. AH board games weren't really toys. Swimming and martial arts weren't toys. Aside from that I spent my time with ... books.

I was a novelty discovered in an educational experiment, a designated prodigy. I didn't exactly have a normal childhood.
    Having autism isn't a talent and doesn't make you a prodigy.

Pfft. That differs from year to year. Favorite belonging among my toys was, and remains as I still got it, a Glow in the Dark Caterpillar. I guess on a spiritual level I considered him the leader of my toys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Books, lots of them and pencils & paper.
    That and a stuffed tiger I got in preschool and of course was named Tigger

k-nex and legos. then my atari 2600.
    hoo boy, the castles I would make with legos together with carton kits. then I would have the best siege fight ever every time.
    all the traps and shit when the lego soldiers gets inside. poor lego guys, how many times they lost arms, legs and heads to my deadly traps inside my own castle. hehe good times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Lego, and pretty much all from MASK.
    you mean the Mobile Armored Strike Kommand? if that is so, damn you were lucky, I didnt have a chance to buy them back in my days.

Favorite toys - explosives and fireworks. I have been tinkering with them since I was 8-10 years old. Also, toy soldiers in power armor and with animal heads. Me and my friends built a castle in my backyard out of some plywood boxes. Water trench, towers and all. These soldiers got upgraded with tin armor (made from cans), swords (hammered from nails) and shields (made from coins laid on a railway track to be squashed by a freight train into a nice thin metal sheet) and made to man the castle. We then laid siege to it, using firecrackers and small rockets to breach it. The final boss was a toy robot-plane transformer, who got the largest nuke right under him. I mean the firecracker was like 50 grams or so, probably enough to go fishing with. Pieces of the robot were showing up all over the place even a year later.
    Also made smoke grenades out of plastic mosaic and old newspapers, shockers out of day lamp capacitors (never shocked anyone though), single shot rifles out of pipes (used firecrackers and bolts as a charge), all manner of slingshots (pipe, plank and the usual dual branch). At about 11-12 discovered computers and video game consoles and my interests somewhat shifted. Went to a boarding school when I was 13, so had to forget about more dangerous stuff almost completely. Almost.
    Never hurt anyone intentionally or otherwise though. Somehow always followed common sense safety precautions.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2019-06-13 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There’s literally one thing you named that’s a toy, denied it is one, and claimed to be a prodigy.
    I doubt you mean the cat, so you are probably thinking of board games. You're probably too young to know AH was Avalon Hill. In those days (1960s) they did the early military simulation stuff with college students and older as their market -- hex grid maps, cardboard counters, battles like Waterloo or Guadalcanal. So as I said, not really toys in the usual sense and since you split hairs over books it would seem fair to say not in the sense you're thinking. As far as claiming to be a prodigy, you might want to tidy up your writing -- I said I was designated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift
    Having autism isn't a talent
    Then it is probably just as well that I don't have it.

Part of getting studied, one gets tested a lot for things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther
    Growing up extremely poor, I do not remember having enough toys to even remember a favorite one.
    I got through comparatively lucky but my parents went and became parents as flat broke undergraduates who moved every couple of years while my father progressed through his studies and eventually academia. Flat broke undergrads doesn't make it to the level you grew up with, but it wasn't exactly high up the food chain. Anything that didn't fit into the car didn't make it and books got priority over toys.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

GI Joe figures. TMNT too.

3+ Year Old Account
    Gameboy Color

10+ Year Old Account
    Snake Mountain (with the microphone) and Castle Grayskull.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much toys. I still enjoy games based on said designs.
    To each their own. In the 60s those things were still a novelty aimed at an older market, by now they may well have filtered down to younger age groups. Then again, I saw my books as a substitute for toys. There is plenty of grey area for different takes on some things -- a person who enjoys Warhammer 40K might or might not take issue with being described as playing with toy soldiers for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet it’s entirely accurate to describe it as such.
    <bungee steps gingerly away from the keyboard hoping to avoid the wrath of triggered tabletop gamers>

"He went there, I didn't, get that tar and those feathers away from me!"

I will now go off and play doctor with a nice young lady.

I'll be honest, I had way too many toys as a kid. I enjoyed Lego, Knex, the LGB toy train and all the action figures I bought, later on the gaming consoles and lastly my PC. There was no favorite unless you ask me for a specific time frame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably my Dino Riders figures.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2019-06-13 at 05:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.