Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Void Elf and nightborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by temptet10n View Post
    So do you think we should have new races allowed to be Demon Hunters?
    It would be quite interesting how each of the new initiates would undergo the process of becoming DH.What would be their new reason in becoming a DH or learn about the cause of increasing their numbers. Would the new recruits seek out the Illidari or the other way around? Perhaps being a Demon Hunter's purpose wasn't to hunt those they took their powers from but instead,learn and utilize the power and magic they wield in a fight against more vicious than the Burning Legion, they are preparing against the Rise of the Black Empire once more.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-15 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead and Draenei are my favorite options. Troll could work, too, but something tells me their regenerative abilities wouldn't go well with the transformation. Their bodies might consume the fel energies or something. Obtaining an immortal demon soul might sound good to undead who fear their next death, and the draenei might be more open to the demon hunter's methods after Argus.

I definitely think Draenei will get there eventually, I could see Orcs being there too. Now that the Illidari have a foothold in the world, I don't see why they wouldn't start bolstering their ranks.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I'm not one for lore, and it seems silly why someone of any race can't train and learn to be any class. I understand that Draenei are more light-focused, but I'm sure there has been a handful of dark draenei who ventured into fel magic & necromancy, and could be a warlock. I've never been for artificial limitations in gameplay. If there is a major lore reason, then I'd be fine restricting classes on RP servers, but leaving them open on Normal servers.

Druids have long been restricted for art reasons, but I don't really buy that idea either. I'd be in favor of opening up all the custom forms for each race, and allowing all races to be a druid. Then just have them select their preferred form's appearance from a list. I'd love for my Nelf druid to have the man-bear form for bear, the KT cat form, the Zandalari Owlkin form, and the Worgen flight form.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'm not one for lore, and it seems silly why someone of any race can't train and learn to be any class. I understand that Draenei are more light-focused, but I'm sure there has been a handful of dark draenei who ventured into fel magic & necromancy, and could be a warlock. I've never been for artificial limitations in gameplay. If there is a major lore reason, then I'd be fine restricting classes on RP servers, but leaving them open on Normal servers.

Druids have long been restricted for art reasons, but I don't really buy that idea either. I'd be in favor of opening up all the custom forms for each race, and allowing all races to be a druid. Then just have them select their preferred form's appearance from a list. I'd love for my Nelf druid to have the man-bear form for bear, the KT cat form, the Zandalari Owlkin form, and the Worgen flight form.
    In the case of the 2 classes you mention they are actually pretty much the only true understandable lore restrictions.

Draenei warlocks - everything that went wrong with draenei civilisation is down to the fel magics of sargeras and his demons. The draenei who took the path of fel are the eredar, there will never be a draenei warlock.
    The orcs would have been the exact same had it not been for the fact that they required another playable race on the horde outside of undeads in vanilla, that is pretty much the reason for it.

Druids - pre wow lore wise only male night elves were druids, for gameplay reasons this obviously couldn't work so both genders can be druids. Having druids as only a night elf playable class while lore correct was again not feasible for gameplay reasons so they shoehorned tauren into the horde side as tauren only had 3 other class options. They only opened up new alternatives with worgen and trolls because it was becoming a bit much that druids were only playable by 2 races. Now that that's got a bit too much with only the 4 they have introduced another 2 for some variety.

Nothing more is involved in the reasoning of these race class combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    In the case of the 2 classes you mention they are actually pretty much the only true understandable lore restrictions.
    Like I said, as someone who does not care about lore, they should not be restricted. They could easily unwrite the lore, since it's made by the same company who makes the game.

If it's such an issue in lore, then, like I already suggested in my original post, leave the class/race restrictions on RP servers and unlock them on Normal servers.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I can see Nightborne perhaps due to there actually being a Nightborne Demon hunter if you did the tailoring quest. And Im not sure about the alliance Alternative, At first I though Void elves, but then Fel and Void cant mix.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Like I said, as someone who does not care about lore, they should not be restricted. They could easily unwrite the lore, since it's made by the same company who makes the game.

If it's such an issue in lore, then, like I already suggested in my original post, leave the class/race restrictions on RP servers and unlock them on Normal servers.
    I am sorry but this post is just absolutely ridiculous, let's all have goblin paladins, draenei warlocks, undead druids just because you don't care about the lore. Anyone who wants actual logical lore race class combos have to play on roleplay only servers because you don't care about the lore.

The only thing "easy" about rewriting the lore without Sargeras would be to direct you to Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I can see Nightborne perhaps due to there actually being a Nightborne Demon hunter if you did the tailoring quest. And Im not sure about the alliance Alternative, At first I though Void elves, but then Fel and Void cant mix.
    I never understood how this misconception gains so much traction, Xhul'horac's void and fel mechanics were literally just boss mechanics, no different than if it were one side was oil and the other side was fire, there is nothing else out there that states void and fel magic cannot be mixed, warlocks use both void and fel magic for example and guess what? void elves can be warlocks!.

I mean you have the literal fel home world of Argus with fel magic EVERYWHERE and there is also void magic areas.

The light and the void are the 2 components that do not mix and were the creation of the cosmos, nothing to do with fel. Yet we can still have void elf holy priests and lightforged shadow priests.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-06-15 at 07:04 PM.

Yeh lets water down unique things even more...sigh I wish my paladin had charge and heroism too.

Why would people become demon hunters when the legion has been defeated?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Perhaps the same reason how Illidan became the proto Demon Hunter during the time he was suppose to be stopping the incoming demons.

The Legion can never be defeated because demons never truly die. Perhaps there are other demons assigned to infiltrate other worlds and the chain of command got cut off. They're just waiting, readying themselves to establish connection and their command. Some demons might take advantage of what happen in 7.3.5 and grabbed the opportunity, probably assigning themselves leader over others and minor demon factions would attack a new target location and establish a new base their. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    well for one thing you would save a damned fortune on goblin gliders.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    well for one thing you would save a damned fortune on goblin gliders.
    Gameplay wise, that is one unique skill in their tool kit aside from double jump. Somewhat it is comparable to having slowfall or levitation on you

I wont mind playing red/purple Eredars/Orcs as DHs.Also while we are at it i want a draenei warlock
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

More Gnomes... I need more Gnomes....

MORE GNOMES *froths at mouth*

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly just don't see it. The intro scenario for Demon Hunters is excellent and it only makes sense for elves. It could perhaps have made sense for fel orcs and broken draenei as well but that'd be a huge retcon (and you'd wonder why you are the only orc demonhunter around) and they did not choose to make it. Most importantly, demon hunter population is decent so I don't see why it needs more races.
    Just don’t have new classes go through the scenario.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess. That's a lot of flavour lost though. It would be a lot like Forsaken; if you rolled your Forsaken pre Cata you have a vastly different story than post-Cata. And what about Night Elves and Blood Elves, would they be able to choose both origins or would they be stuck with the new origin?
    Nothing’s “lost”. One can play the NE/BE starting campaign, then delete char and pick up right where they left off with new race.

Or new races just play an “optional campaign”, where they play a NE/BE to “learn the history of Demon Hunting” (which is the original campaign), but they’re really opting in to play whatever race is allowed that they chose once the campaign is over. This, of course, can be skipped.

Just takes a bit of creativity to solve problems sometimes.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

The only way it would make sense is if the Burning legion somehow came back. Otherwise there would be no justification to let other races play DH since the demon threat is gone