Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    Secondhand smoke huh? Just how dangerous is this secondhand smoke in reality? I guess this is a discussion for another thread, but I do recommend you take a few minutes to read some of Michael J. McFadden's work. Just do a quick google search and find some enlightenment. He's already done a lot of the digging around the "scientific" studies put forth by the anti-smoking crusade and found their "science" extremely wanting.

As far as to answer this question, I recommend rolling your own smokes if you can't seem to stop yourself, at least you will save money that way. People will always do what they want to do, you smoke because you want to keep smoking. If you didn't want to keep smoking than you would throw down the cigarettes and stop this very instant. There might be all sorts of reasons you can think of to keep smoking, but until you make that choice naturally and honestly with yourself, you will find it rather hard to quit smoking. If you can't stop smoking because it makes your leader happy to see you smoke, you are still making the choice to make your leader happy by smoking. In the end, what you do with your own life is your choice.
    If you understood pyrolysis at all, you would know any smoke, whether first-hand or second-hand, is extremely dangerous. Even in marijuana smoke there are carcinogenic compounds created by the intense heat. This is why vaporizing specific drugs is safer than burning them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Your current "leader"? Wtf are you talking about?
    Yes, I am an employee, and generally got a leader in direct.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The way I see it, I'm going to eventually die of something. Everyone does. I don't smoke around other people unless they are smokers too. I am respectful of non-smokers. I don't smoke in my house. I will smoke in MY car with the windows rolled down but not anyone else's car unless they too are a smoker. I never smoke with someone in the car that is a non-smoker. I don't have any smoking-related health problems. If I get lung cancer then I'll deal with that when/if it arises. I don't smoke that much compared to some people. A lot of smokers smoke a pack a day (20 cigarettes). I smoke around 10-12 per day. If its my time to go, so be it. I'm going to enjoy something that makes me feel better in the mean time.
    I was thinking and acting the same way when I smoked.

But when I quit smoking (the point that lead me to finally to do it was some other unrelated health problems) I noticed a remarkable improvement in my overall well being in a couple of months. Everything is better when you don't smoke, except drinking coffee.

I haven't regretted my decision of quitting even for a nanosecond.

When it comes to withdrawal symptoms, just suck it up or get some medication to ease it up a bit. It will all be worth it in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

my father was heavy smoker (2 boxes daily at least) when he was in france, then he came egypt, and thanks to how disgusting awful egyptian cigarettes are, he quit smocking since 45 years
    i wonder if export was as common as nowadays if he would ever stopped smoking

so my father best way to counter smoking is simple: he smoke actual good cigarettes for at least 10 years, then he came to the (3rd) WORST country on earth and smoke the only available option (back then): local produced cigarettes, and discovered that smoking sh8t literally taste better, thanks egypt for actually being sh8t and forcing him to quit smoking
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post
    Yes, I am an employee, and generally got a leader in direct.
    You mean your direct supervisor?

Im one month away from having quit for 2 years and I dont miss a day

I had kidney cancer and cannot smoke anyway ( wasnt caused by smoking but didnt help )

My local doctor suggested I try vaping (He was a smoker now vaper himself , and was super impressed I actually managed to completely quit) if I couldnt quit which I did for a week and actually preferred actually had a sense of taste for the first time in years and didnt reek of tobacco
    After one week exactly I decided to quit completely I just used normal chewing gum and everytime I had a craving id just pop a new piece of gum which was a fucking lot my jaw hurt every day and I possibly had the freshest breath of any person ever but it did the job

I still get weekly nightmares / dreams that I have had a smoke and wake up feeling disgusted with myself till I realize

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    Im one month away from having quit for 2 years and I dont miss a day

I had kidney cancer and cannot smoke anyway ( wasnt caused by smoking but didnt help )

My local doctor suggested I try vaping (He was a smoker now vaper himself , and was super impressed I actually managed to completely quit) if I couldnt quit which I did for a week and actually preferred actually had a sense of taste for the first time in years and didnt reek of tobacco
    After one week exactly I decided to quit completely I just used normal chewing gum and everytime I had a craving id just pop a new piece of gum which was a fucking lot my jaw hurt every day and I possibly had the freshest breath of any person ever but it did the job

I still get weekly nightmares / dreams that I have had a smoke and wake up feeling disgusted with myself till I realize
    all right, that's another way of quit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    You mean your direct supervisor?
    Yep, that's the person.

20+ year ex smoker here.

I had my last cigarette 02 JAN 2015.

Having blood pressure issues (170/90) as well as an anxiety attack that put me in the Emergency Room are two factors that caused me to quit.

Besides, I want to be around for another 20 years or more to watch my daughters grow into young women.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    If you understood pyrolysis at all, you would know any smoke, whether first-hand or second-hand, is extremely dangerous. Even in marijuana smoke there are carcinogenic compounds created by the intense heat. This is why vaporizing specific drugs is safer than burning them.
    Sublingual tinctures and edibles are other safer alternative ways to consume cannabis.
    Beto imploded. Watching Booker, Buttigieg, Gabbard and Warren. #LegalizeCannabis #CannabisForVets
    Two cannabis bills are currently filed in congress for the current legislative session, each numbered H.R.420 and S.420!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Extremely dangerous you say? Let's make sure we use fancy words like pyrolysis as well, we need to make sure we scare people with fancy language and propaganda "science". Should we look at real data since you brought it up?

According to the results of the UK’s Million Women Study, women (and likely men for the most part) can smoke 100,000 or so cigarettes between their teen years and 30 years or so of age and yet incur only about 3% of the health damage that are regularly incurred by those who smoke throughout their entire lives.

millionwomenstudy.org/study_progress/

Lung cancer in never smokers

Smoking is much the most important cause of lung cancer in the UK, but a small proportion of lung cancers develop in people who have never smoked. The Million Women Study has the advantage of very large numbers of women who have never smoked (about half of the women in the study) and so is well placed to study these uncommon cancers. We looked at 34 possible risk factors in over 600,000 never smokers and found that 3 factors were associated with risk of lung cancer- height (taller women at higher risk), ethnicity (non-White women at higher risk), and asthma (higher risk in women with asthma requiring treatment) (Pirie et al, 2016). No link was seen with diet, hormone replacement therapy, or with secondhand smoking. The increased risks associated with the 3 identified factors are small (1 to 2 –fold) compared with the risk of lung cancer associated with smoking (20-fold).

The risks of smoking- and the benefits of giving up

We have known for many years that smoking affects health, increasing the risk of early death and disability from lung cancer, chronic obstructive lung disease, heart attack, and many other conditions. Much of what we know has come from research in men, such as the well-known British Doctors’ Study set up in the 1950s by Sir Richard Doll, and until recently it has not been possible to assess the full impact of long-term smoking on women’s health. In the UK, and in many countries, women did not begin smoking in large numbers until the 1940s and 50s, while many men started smoking earlier in the century.

The Million Women Study is the largest, and one of the first, research studies to be able to look at the effects on women’s health in late middle and old age of smoking throughout adult life. Smokers in our study – about half of the women in the study- had started smoking, on average, around the age of 19 years ; those who were still smoking when they joined the study had been smoking then for some 36 years, and those who are still smoking have now smoked for about 50 years. Our paper ‘The 21st century hazards of smoking and benefits of stopping: a prospective study of one million women in the UK’ was published in the Lancet in October 2012 (Pirie et al, 2012) We found that women who had smoked throughout their adult life were three times as likely as never smokers to die prematurely, losing on average 11 years of life. The effects of long-term smoking on risk of death, and risk of the main smoking-related diseases, such as lung cancer, heart attack and chronic lung disease, were similar to (at least as high as) those seen in men with equivalent smoking histories.

The good news is that much of the long-term extra risk can be avoided by stopping smoking- even if a woman does not stop smoking until middle age. A woman who starts smoking at 19 and carries on until she is 60 is three times as likely to die by the age of 80 as a woman who has never smoked; but one who gives up smoking at age 30 avoids almost all (97%) of the extra risk in older age, one who gives up at age 40 will avoid 90% of the extra risk, and even a woman who smokes for 30 years and gives up at age 50 will avoid two-thirds of the extra risk of death that she would have had in her 60s and 70s, had she continued smoking.

The important thing to note is that we are looking at being 3 times more likely to die at the age of 80 after 60 years of heavy smoking. As it so happens, 80 is the average life expectancy in the UK anyways. Another important thing to note is that minimal exposure of 10 years of heavy smoking has minimal long term damage. If you were to instead dilute the smoke into the air for secondhand smoke, and make it extreme, say you sit next to a smoker constantly in an enclosed environment where you inhale 20% of their smoke... you would have to sit next to that person for 50 years to see any real effect.

Meanwhile we can look at the science you are quoting, such as SmokeFree Campuses’ 2009 push to ban college smoking, where U. of Georgia researchers released findings that people walking by outdoor smokers might be exposed to nicotine levels 162% greater than control subjects. The control subjects were standing in an open field, with the comparison being at a bar smoking pit on a Friday night.

It seems to me that 162% of my smoke exposure in an open field is still going to be pretty close to 0. Without breathing my smoke directly into your lungs, just how much smoke do you think you are inhaling off my puffs? And just how dangerous do you think smoking is when it takes upwards of 60 years of use to kill someone?

Elemental Lord
    switch to vaping, like suorin drop, worked for me
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Vape for a few days and then stand next to a heavy smoker.... this will motivate you.
    I grew up with smokers and I genuinely love the smell of cigarettes.

I know smoking is bad for me, well, I mean I know smoking is bad for most people and I know some people smoke all their lives with no (outwardly obvious) ill effect.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post
    I'm a smoker of 10 years. Once quit the smoking twice for average period of 3 months. However, back to tobacco again with various reasons.

Summarized the reasons, I found 2 kinds of occasion which make me back to tobacco:1):Having chat with leader who is smoker. 2): Bad moon push one back to tobacco.

How's your experience on this issue?
    Quitting is easy, I've done it like 12 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    switch to vaping, like suorin drop, worked for me
    I've vaped, smoked cigarettes, cigars, dipped, and chewed, method of delivery had no effect, I would just compensate for what I felt like I needed. When I vaped I think I started at 1.8/6% and ended at 2.5%, was thinking of going higher.
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -updated 2/8/2019

The most successful attempts I've seen involved switching to a vaporizer and reducing the amount of nicotine incrementally.
    Last edited by insert random number; 2019-06-13 at 10:48 AM.

I've been smoking since I was way too young, and the only times I've quit is when I completely replaced smoking with vaping, which really does work even for a heavy smoker like me, and I recommend it to anyone struggling to quit. You get your nicotine fix and you get to smoke something. It's easier to just smoke tobacco though, plus you're not the hipster that is vaping out in public.

Just enjoy your life. If you like to smoke, do it. Life is too short, no matter if you live it healthy or unhealthy, and sometimes unhealthy lifestyles make you live even longer. Best to enjoy it fully in my opinion, like every day is the last (Within reason of course)

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Legendary!
    Secondhand smoke huh? Just how dangerous is this secondhand smoke in reality? I guess this is a discussion for another thread, but I do recommend you take a few minutes to read some of Michael J. McFadden's work. Just do a quick google search and find some enlightenment. He's already done a lot of the digging around the "scientific" studies put forth by the anti-smoking crusade and found their "science" extremely wanting.
    Not liking what the "science" is telling you isn't a good basis to adopt conspiracy theories for your viewpoint. But hey, I guess the world is full of climate change denialists, anti-vaxxers, so why not add smoking denialists to that list?

you smoke because you want to keep smoking.
    Oh please! Smokers keep smoking because they're addicted to nicotine. It's that simple.

If you didn't want to keep smoking than you would throw down the cigarettes and stop this very instant.
    That's a load of BS. It's not about wanting to stop, it's about having the willpower to do so despite every fibre of your being screaming at you not to. Most want to stop, just like the OP is saying, but fighting the addiction is incredibly difficult.

I'm not saying that it isn't important to start by deciding to stop, simply that it's ignorant to pretend that's all there is to it.

In the end, what you do with your own life is your choice.
    Even though that's not an outright lie, it is in the very least somewhat misleading. Addictions take away a lot of our ability to exercise our freedom of choice because, in essence, addicts' brains are slaves to their addictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I grew up with smokers and I genuinely love the smell of cigarettes.

I know smoking is bad for me, well, I mean I know smoking is bad for most people and I know some people smoke all their lives with no (outwardly obvious) ill effect.
    I love the smell of cigarettes too. The ashtray stink of someone smoking at home.... not so much.

Yes, smoking is bad for you. That the anti smoking lobby is a bunch of rabid morons does not make this fact any less real. You will get "ill effects" if you smoke for many years. You will probably not die from it but it will still make you ill. The improvements to my general well being after quitting are HUGE.

Having said that, I saw most of those improvements while in the quitting phase when I was vaping. Not all of them but certainly well over 50%.

I was smoking heavily (1 pack a day) for nearly 10 years. Then I switched to vaping couple of years back. Then I started using it less & less until I no longer feel the need for it.

Been clean for nearly 2 years now. I can even run for 10km straight at the gym nowadays which i wasn't able to before.

Vaping is just as bad.