Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I would assume it's a thing that says it's speculation.
    Weird assumption, red asterisk always means mandatory to answer on survey posts or sheets you fill in. Like if you're signing up to something, red asterisk means that info is required for you to fill in.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounded like we were getting a squish from one of the QAs and then even asked for forum feedback on it.

It's def happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the part that the red asterisk is linking to?
    It was a mandatory answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Weird assumption, red asterisk always means mandatory to answer on survey posts or sheets you fill in. Like if you're signing up to something, red asterisk means that info is required for you to fill in.
    Fair enough, I haven't done any of these surveys. I still just doubt the truth of a level squish.

Fair enough, I haven't done any of these surveys. I still just doubt the truth of a level squish.
    I mean, I'm just assuming it's photoshop until I hear about it from a more reliable source or at least more people.

do people actually check their email and fill these out? seems like an outdated way to survey players

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    do people actually check their email and fill these out? seems like an outdated way to survey players
    Yes. Plenty of people do. Thats why people still give e-mail address to places when signing up. So you know they can be contacted. How else would you want to survey players?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Why would they ask if you're aware there's going to be a level squish if they never even announced it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    It sounded like we were getting a squish from one of the QAs and then even asked for forum feedback on it.

It's def happening.
    Was this the Q&A in question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Was this the Q&A in question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvqpVTOmVrk
    yup.

them "talking about it very seriously internally" is ion speak for "its happening next xpac, but before committing completely lets go ahead and get community feelers out"

I'd be shocked if it didnt happen next xpac.

It'll be a major feature for sure. I for one am hyped for it - a level squish, item level squish (again) and stat squish (for the third time) to go with the level squish would be great. (and no i dont like wow classic, I just think the #'s have gotten way out of hand multiple times, esp in mop and legion)

They could literally make the cap be 60 in BFA and go to 70 the following xpac and follow a stat curve similar to classic wow - where we're actually doing dps in the hundreds/low thousand at 70 initially. That'd be great.

They'd need to make all the pre-bfa raids have like insane stat multipliers, but thats fine.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2019-06-13 at 04:02 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If its in a survey. atleast they think about it. Meaning if enough people are positive, it will happen. The last part tho. 20 or 30 levels. Just won't. you want us to go from 120-150 ? knowing how many new skills and talents blizzard have gone lately, then from 100 to 150. 50 levels with nothing ?
    they would have to add new spells in unlocked at higher levels, or add new talents in

Whelp, looks like this is my last expansion, oh well, barely been playing this one its so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    So today I got a survey that Blizzard sends out once in a while about how you feel about different things.
    Fake.

These surveys doesn't come "once in a while". In fact, since I started to play in early TBC they have come a grand total of ZERO time.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Good. About time. There's no need to be level 3,000, it's all just numbers with barely any meaning. Only the current expansion's level bracket REALLY matters, the rest is just leveling chaff. Same as with the damage squish - 3 trillion damage or 3,000 damage, it's all meaningless because it's about relatives not absolutes.

I don't see the point, triple digits seem that complicated to Blizzard to look at? It's not like it's up in the thousands. Like taking away a number changes anything.

I have always held the belief that a level squish was necessary and bound to happen.

It’s just a matter of when.

Leveling will feel rewarding AF again after a squish. Classic style almost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Fake. These surveys doesn't come "once in a while". In fact, since I started to play in early TBC they have come a grand total of ZERO time.
    It is most certainly not fake. And they have sent them out before. I just finished filling out my own. Other then the question here about the squish I was intrigued about the $40 boost cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Good. About time. There's no need to be level 3,000, it's all just numbers with barely any meaning. Only the current expansion's level bracket REALLY matters, the rest is just leveling chaff. Same as with the damage squish - 3 trillion damage or 3,000 damage, it's all meaningless because it's about relatives not absolutes.
    As long as they don't screw up easy leveling with Draenor treasures I am fine with any level squish lol. As you say it is just a number. It is all relative just like the damage squish.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

More than just a squish we need a revamp like cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Why do I never get these surveys... I'll never know...

Although, I'd strongly favor a level squish. Grinding 120 levels (130 next exp.) without any meaningful rewards is so boring. I'd prefer it to be reduced to 50 or 60 and add something every time you ding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly of all the things they could squish I feel levels would have the least impact. Personally for me I think the last time my level amount actually ment something to me was 80, after that we got a for 5 level sets and being 85 really didn't mean anything to me other then (MAX). Past 80, getting to 100, and 120 was novel because one was the big 100, and the other was double the original cap of 60, but that's all it was, novel....

Squish it down to 60 again, make all the old world 1-30, make all the old expansions 30-60, and make the new expansion 60-70 and squish it again every time, with the dawning of a new prepatch. They would probably need to slow the general leveling speed by about 30-40%, but it would greatly increase player choice of leveling zones. Also just make the old raid/dungeon destroying buff kick in when you hit 70 instead of the system we have now.

After that, they can actually make every level mean something again, instead of what it is now where you are lucky to get something new every 8 or so levels past level 40... It would also be interesting if during the per patch squish, if it made all old raids at least somewhat challenging again so as you are waiting for the new expansion you could try running older raids again with your new gear and spells gained over the last 2 years to "see it in a new way", only down side would be old raid runners would be out of the job for 30-40 days, but everyone needs a brake now and then.