Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess they dont care.

It's always fascinating how the OP comes up some random topic that everyone with a basic education could answer or at worst requires 30 seconds of google usage.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Did you tell her?

I had to tell a colleague he stank. Was awkward but actually he was grateful for the honesty and was fine after that.
    didn't no, since it was just a course and wasn't working with her. but maybe if it was a job like yours I'd do so.

Hyperhidrosis.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...perhidrosis2#1

2-3% of americans. (Pretty much same worldwide)
    Amazes me how little people know about this disorder.

There are probably thousands of people with this disorder browsing these forums, (probably a higher % in the gaming world vs worldwide), and most of them are probably clueless about the fact that their excessive sweating is an actual disorder that has various treatments (Temporary and permanent ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I take a shower every morning, wash all the bits, use deodorant. Yet I know I reek like a trash can. No one says it because they're not douche bags. How do I know? My parents are douchebags and remind me every time I do anything near them that I smell unbelievably bad.

What am I suppose to do? Take a shower every hour or carry a deodorant with me and apply it on hourly basis? No, I'm gonna do the best I can and if it isnt enough then too bad I guess. I cant work miracles.

Oh right, I cant tell it myself ofc unless I've sweat a bit and smell inside my T-shirt or something and when I do that I'm extra aware that everyone in the room probably smells it as well.
    You might want to read up on this, both Hyperhidrosis and Bromhidrosis, which is the more smelly variant.
    Last edited by Hoofey; 2019-06-14 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Otherwise fully functional but smells of sweat and other bodily fluids. How can they be so oblivious? They've got to smell it themselves when you can smell them coming to the register in the store several meters away from them.
    Well for starters you can't really smell yourself unless you give a good sniff of a direct source like shove your nose to your arm pit or rub your teeth with your finger and smell it. Some people are too lazy to shower. Some people barely wash their clothes at all. Some races genetically have smellier sweat and B.O. because of the different oils they produce and the bacteria it attracts. I remember when my cousin married this Fijian chick, goddamn she fucking stunk. Her whole family also fucking stunk to high heavens. In 2015 I met her again for the first time in 23 years and she still fucking stunk.
    We had this meth head at the last place I worked for a while and goddamn he reeked of everything that is wrong with this world. He's entire day must've consisted of smoking meth constantly, pass out, wake up to your alarm, try to make it through work acting as functional as he could possibly be, then go home and hit the pipe for the next several hours before passing out from living that lifestyle for 20 years.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Titan
    It's called being desensitized to the smell, they don't realize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Hyperhidrosis.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...perhidrosis2#1

2-3% of americans. (Pretty much same worldwide)
    Amazes me how little people know about this disorder.

There are probably thousands of people with this disorder browsing these forums, (probably a higher % in the gaming world vs worldwide), and most of them are probably clueless about the fact that their excessive sweating is an actual disorder that has various treatments (Temporary and permanent ones).

You might want to read up on this, both Hyperhidrosis and Bromhidrosis, which is the more smelly variant.
    I guess people from India (at least the men I know all do) have bromhidrosis then? Because damn, they are among the worst offenders that I know of for bad odor. I stink but only a bit and it's from being overweight, I sweat easily, but at least I clean myself.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Same reason fish don't realize they're wet.

Maybe in their culture, thats a good thing? Why are you so insensitive to other cultures?

The first response pretty much nailed it. In addition they likely live in a place that is smelly, so their own odor is unnoticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Personally? I smell like a wet dog. In fact the wet dog probably smells better. The odds are that you smell worse than a wet dog too.

How does a wet dog smell? With his or her nose, the same as we do. On the other hand, the wet dog probably has a much keener sense of smell.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Maybe in their culture, thats a good thing? Why are you so insensitive to other cultures?
    I lold.

Why are people like OP so insensitive to others cultures it's ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2K
    Why are people like OP so insensitive to others cultures it's ridiculous
    Considering OP is a teenager in high school and not even close to being a native English speaker ... is picking on her something that gives you guys a feeling of accomplishment?

Give her a few years and she'll even be considered mature enough to drink beer if she visits the US. Until then, maybe she is just young and asking questions.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Considering OP is a teenager in high school and not even close to being a native English speaker ... is picking on her something that gives you guys a feeling of accomplishment?

Give her a few years and she'll even be considered mature enough to drink beer if she visits the US. Until then, maybe she is just young and asking questions.
    Prolly not as much sense of accomplishment as white knighting on a forum I admit.
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k
    Prolly not as much sense of accomplishment as white knighting on a forum I admit.
    Oooh! Cool, let me give that a try.

Alright, to put a finer point on it, it seems you are starting to go past just picking on high school girls and edging towards dogging a very specific handful of posters -- it ain't like we have a lot of female, Asian posters, but you're pretty much right on their heels. Frequently, you're not really adding anything to the discussion, you're just taking a personal potshot that won't get you infracted, as with the cultural insensitivity crack which is hauling stuff in from other threads. How about giving it a rest?

Could be olfactory fatigue. But I can definitely smell when I need to shower, so... I’m not sure about that.

Depression could be a big reason.
    Physical issues, some people sweat a lot more than the average schmuck.

Culture plays a part in some cases

Poverty.

Oooh! Cool, let me give that a try.

Alright, to put a finer point on it, it seems you are starting to go past just picking on high school girls and edging towards dogging a very specific handful of posters -- it ain't like we have a lot of female, Asian posters, but you're pretty much right on their heels. Frequently, you're not really adding anything to the discussion, you're just taking a personal potshot that won't get you infracted, as with the cultural insensitivity crack which is hauling stuff in from other threads. How about giving it a rest?
    What are you even rambling about? It's a bit creepy how knowledgeable you are about the female posters that frequent here lol. I'm not "dogging" anybody stop being so melodramatic good Lord guy you are being cringey af

Bungee, this was in reference to one of her previous OPs where she was asking why others aren't more understanding of others cultures, mixed with her constant posts being judgmental of others.... look at her post history to see the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan
    look at her post history to see the joke
    I'm familiar with it, it just doesn't make much of a joke. It's possibly because I sometimes teach that age group and while their attempts to sort the world out often leave me facepalming and wishing for a beer -- I prefer to see them make the attempt. She's not working in her first language (and probably not really even in her second) and she's in between Thai and Swedish culture. You never asked a question at that age that makes you wince when you look back? Is there really any point to continuing to push the same button from thread to thread?

I'm familiar with it, it just doesn't make much of a joke. It's possibly because I sometimes teach that age group and while their attempts to sort the world out often leave me facepalming and wishing for a beer -- I prefer to see them make the attempt. She's not working in her first language (and probably not really even in her second) and she's in between Thai and Swedish culture. You never asked a question at that age that makes you wince when you look back? Is there really any point to continuing to push the same button from thread to thread?
    Yo, Arthur, she's not going to fuck you just because you White Knight her. You're just a creepy old man who Thinks he'll get laid with Young Girls because he White Knights them.

such people simply have such mentality - they don't observe it and don't care about their bodies...