Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    its gone nastier, Owing to my disability i play wow via a special mouse and basically owing using 3 fingers.
    made me a slow player but always knew what to do etc. the past 7 months the amount of times someone
    has just been downright abusive in LFR "why you so slow C***"

Main reason I wont join a guild because I dont want to explain the situation when there's no need.
    So you dont want to explain the situation where there is no need, and yet you explain it here. Interesting. The idea that something special has happened in the last 7 months is a bit silly - the community is the same now as it was 10 years ago, 10 months ago, and it will still be the same in 10 weeks - just smaller. I agree that in a pug you have absolutely no need to explain anything to anyone, so long as you are pulling your weight and now slowing the group down, everyone should mind their own business.

In a perfect Disney world, the group would notice you are slower than everyone else and ask "hey there little buddy, you new to the game? do you require any help? would it be easier for you if the 24 of us slowed down to your pace? would that be nice?" but as i am sure you are well aware, this just isnt a reality in game, or in life.

Well, that's a serioues utopia you talk about. WoW community is getting more toxic, and so the communities in other online games. It's not the problem of WoW alone.
    You can clearly observe this phenomenon with kids and teenagers, since Twitch streamers became somewhat of new authorities. These teens became degraded to some kind of half-wits. And interestigly, most toxicity comes from them.

Good manners and healthy behaviour simplify the reality. And so, a simple conclusion: whenever something is hard, you need a healthy (in terms of behaviour) community to be able to solve these problems. But the game is already oversimplified- so you don't really need good manners, since you don't need to interact with community to overcome the prolems that would occur normally.

You don't need guilds to interact with, because most of the content is simple enough to do it with random pugs. And because you can make these things with pugs, they do not really care about healthy relations. And that problem reinforces when you don't need a fixed group for other activities, and so on...

Conclusion: this game is way too easy for a healthy society to occur.

its gone nastier, Owing to my disability i play wow via a special mouse and basically owing using 3 fingers.
    made me a slow player but always knew what to do etc. the past 7 months the amount of times someone
    has just been downright abusive in LFR "why you so slow C***"

Main reason I wont join a guild because I dont want to explain the situation when there's no need.
    if i was suddenly playing bad i would just stop, but you see it with other players also if the item level isnt high enough
    people start a vote to kick in LFR!!.

New players ask a basic question and they get destroyed can truly see why people just dont bother using chat.
    That's what struck me about Classic people were being friendly and helpful was really lovely seeing it
    I also play EU and generally I am not seeing what you're seeing. I occasionally see new players ask "noob questions" in general or trade and barring one or two idiots who might come up with a sarcastic, unhelpful answer, there's generally a fair few people actually give helpful answers, maybe one or two might even provide tips or advice.

I've also done LFR, fucked up in LFR and I've seen slow, slow people in LFR and I've not seen them be abused because of it. Not like you say. Being called a slow c**t just... I'm not saying you're lying, but I wonder if we know the full story either? It can happen, but extreme reactions like that are, in my experience at least, very rare.

A huge advantage of a guild is that people know you, your abilities, and what you're like as a person. A guild is, in point of fact, the best place for a disabled player because they'll be surrounded by people who are understanding of them. We have a raider in our guild with chronic fatigue syndrome who is slow, but we understand and accept this aspect of them. Outside the guild people may assume they are slacking, but we know better.

I think that, also, if you do choose to join a guild, you should explain your disability if you believe it'll impact your ability to play. It's only fair. Good guilds are based on mutual understanding and cooperation.

Pugs on the other hand are dog-eat-dog and can't be bothered to understand you.

I wouldn't say the community has gotten worse per se, I'd just say that the impersonal nature of LFR and LFD is that fostering meaningful relationships is so utterly pointless that people tend to show their more callous sides towards others.
    Last edited by Will; Yesterday at 08:59 PM.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I also play EU and generally I am not seeing what you're seeing. I occasionally see new players ask "noob questions" in general or trade and barring one or two idiots who might come up with a sarcastic, unhelpful answer, there's generally a fair few people actually give helpful answers, maybe one or two might even provide tips or advice.

I've also done LFR, fucked up in LFR and I've seen slow, slow people in LFR and I've not seen them be abused because of it. Not like you say.
    Not sure if its possible to access the old forums on the WOW EU site but one incident was so nasty I posted on the frostmane section about it.
    did just have a look but noticed since the revamp it seems very limited

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

I've also done LFR, fucked up in LFR and I've seen slow, slow people in LFR and I've not seen them be abused because of it. Not like you say. Being called a slow c**t just... I'm not saying you're lying, but I wonder if we know the full story either? It can happen, but extreme reactions like that are, in my experience at least, very rare.

I think this is your problem. The whole advantage of a guild is that people know you, your abilities, and what you're like as a person. A guild is, in point of fact, the best place for a disabled player because they'll be surrounded by people who are understanding of them. We have a raider in our guild with chronic fatigue syndrome who is slow, but we understand and accept this aspect of them.

I think that, also, if you do choose to join a guild, you should explain your disability if you believe it'll impact your ability to play. It's only fair. Good guilds are based on mutual understanding and cooperation.
    I think what adds to the issue, is someone asks "what on earth is "server time"?" and what ppl see is 2-3 ppl reply in trade or general with a smart ass answer, what they DONT see is the 2-3 ppl who PM the player saying "hey mate, mouse over the time on your minimap, it should have local time and realm / server time".

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if its possible to access the old forums on the WOW EU site but one incident was so nasty I posted on the frostmane section about it.
    did just have a look but noticed since the revamp it seems very limited
    If you have an issue in game, you should be reporting the incident - in game. Going to the forums wont help at all but just cause more drama. If you are having issues with someone on the forums, there is a system in place to address those concerns there as well, and again, it doesnt require a thread about it. You have two options - ignore it, or take action by using the systems put in place to address concerns like these.

Herald of the Titans
    This OP got absolutely butchered for this nonsensical post
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

Absolute garbage - why do you people keep forcing this lie so hard? You compare random LFR ppl with Ninja looting and getting kicked from guilds. And lets talk about the ninja looting thing for a second - To ninja loot, you need to be master looter. To be master looter, you need to be either the raid leader, or, assigned by the raid leader. Anyone in the group can check the loot system at any stage, and the loot system cannot be changed during combat. For them to "get away" with ninja looting, they would need to invite the required number of players, all who are so stupid they dont check the loot rules, and dont question it once. Now, master looter was the standard in my experience, and every single person who joined the raid would ask "loot rules?" to which the RL had a macro, which was usually "Nothing locked MS > OS" or, possibly, "[item] locked all else MS > OS". Now a screenshot of that sent to blizz with the RL taking the loot for themselves was typically acted on i believe, so i really dont think any kind of self regulation by the "community" happened, and i certainly dont think it was effective.

What i did see is an awful lot of people crying "zomg Bob ninja looted!" only to find out that this person joined the pug half way through, didnt check loot rules, and was not aware that Bob had made it very clear that [item] was locked. I believe if you join a pug, it is your responsibility to confirm loot rules before starting, and it is your responsibility to report the player if they choice to break the rules.

The system worked. The only examples of true ninja looting i ever experienced was at the hands of GUILDS. Nothing locked, run going great, a weapon that the RL needs, or, even worse, the RL GF needs, rolls are done, pug wins, item is given to RL GF instead - that is ninja looting. High end guilds were and are notorious for their loot shenanigans - nothing here has changed.

Well I'm sorry, but the amount of times I've seen raid leaders give themselves loot and leave the raid once Deathbringer's Will or Death's Verdict dropped back in WOTLK was laughable.. guess you didn't have a similar experience, but I sure did.

Usually that ended with a few people spam shaming the ninja looter on trade chat to make sure nobody joins his raid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Why I think WoW is so bad is because not only do Blizzard not really do anything about toxic people but also because with LFR/LFD you're unlikely to ever see those people again.
    I'm sure there is truth to this. However, I actually use LFD/LFR to avoid toxicity. If bad behavior is going on, it's easy to just quietly drop group and be in another group in minutes. The next group typically is fine.

Personally, I find mythic+ to be more toxic. When people are behaving badly there, you grit your teeth and endure it because it takes a long time to get in and if you leave you screw over all the people in the group. The irony is that mythic+ was supposed to fix the social problems caused by LFD.

I'm always positive towards the game, I love WoW, I've seen it on its peak, I've been there when everything was dead (sitting on dead realms). Everyone here knows about its ups and downs.

But I have to agree that people became somewat aggressive towards each other, well, atleast in M+, you can find really funny fellas or run with total douches/leavers/flamers. If you dont follow up "some cool method tactics everyone know" you are true noob and dont deserve to climb up. They leave, say something like "wtf are u doing, stupid", well, people sometimes have supa high expectations, partly its understandable, they dont wanna waste their time, but...

Well, looking at the internet community, alotta people are just toxic. That's it, lets just find people around who make our days better, make people around us better and... That's all we can do, we can try to change things, but It's almost impossible

Or possible? Who knows, even if you will start "super positive thinking and non-toxic movement" some people will start trolling just because thats how some people behave.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon