Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You are totally right. Nobody plays BfA. It took me 5 whole minutes last night to put together competent groups for mythic+. Dead game for sure.

Seriously though, I think this is the number one reason why some people want Classic to fail: the completely obnoxious and absurd fanboy community. Sure it is just a vocal minority but it is an extremely annoying and loud minority.
    Not a queue, and likely not a single one of them from your server. There is nothing "fanboi" about someone who has played WoW for 12 years not liking what it has become, but being excited about it's original incarnation being brought back.

Before Classic, I wasn't a "fanboi"... i was just a person who no longer cared for the modern WoW and advocated for them to bring back aspects of the game I loved.

I guess I'm a WoW fanboi... which is why I don't like BfA.. the modern game hasn't been "WoW" for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Not a queue, and likely not a single one of them from your server. There is nothing "fanboi" about someone who has played WoW for 12 years not liking what it has become, but being excited about it's original incarnation being brought back.

Before Classic, I wasn't a "fanboi"... i was just a person who no longer cared for the modern WoW and advocated for them to bring back aspects of the game I loved.

I guess I'm a WoW fanboi... which is why I don't like BfA.. the modern game hasn't been "WoW" for a very long time.
    Says you.

Post-fact world, really rearing its head.

15+ Year Old Account
    after stress test i unsubbed from retail saving my powers for classic launch

stress test leveling to 10 was wonderful and the last week of gametime i had left on retail bfa i spent selling off battle pets and other stuff i had laying around and spent all my gold on wow tokens for future classic gaming.

Classic aint for everyone but i love the slow-paced non stressful gamestyle with all the social aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

You're a fanboy because you're willing to say stupid things to support an idea that you want to be true. You have no shame and you're obnoxious in support of Classic. You come on the forums for BfA and you're obnoxious there too. You epitomize what I most dislike about Classic and you and the people like you are the biggest reason not to play Classic. I don't care if people like one or the other or both, there is plenty of room for both products. Your inability to do anything other than constantly shit on BfA isn't compelling in the least.

P.S. I've been playing a good bit longer than you and I'm tired of your bullshit about how you're the true WoW fan. You like what you like and that's fine. You don't need to try to act like you're better or smarter or more pure.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They'll die out because they won't want to stick with the grind of an old school MMO.
    The ones who do stick it out will be the ones who made Barrens chat infamous.
    How are people not ok with classic grind when BFA is far.more grindier than classic ever was? Nor even that in classic pace you go trought content is completly upto you. Meanwhile BFA constantly slows your progress down or gates you so you cant burn trought content too fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only thing I'm not looking forward to in classic is the raiding. Not to say raiding will be boring, but it's entirely different compared to retail. Retail hit the head of the nail with complicated mechanics that keep you engaged. Classic revolved more around being ready before you ever entered the raid, meaning you had your resistance gear, consumables and everything else ready to go. I would rather a boss fight stump me because I or my raid mates aren't doing the mechanics correctly rather than not having enough resistance, therefore the mechanic 1 shots us.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I feel Classic is like going back to school. It might have been fun at the time but no way I would do it again.
    Thats a good analogy really. Personally I wouldnt mind playing once in a while but not willing to pay just for that (specially the same price I paid over a decade ago).
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    QOL changes only made the game better. AOE loot being a prime example.

Classic deliberately waste your time - Its backwards design. They prolly didnt know how to code AOE loot or w/e back then.
    AoE loot didnt nake game better. It breaks immersion and rpg of the game. You loot corpse and suddenly entire loot of 10 dead mobs is in you invetory. Absolute nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Such an obvious thing and yet almost no one on this website seems to get it
    People get it. This is more about is current market more hungey after classic like experience or moder wow like experience? Classic can exist if playerbase will plument. Modern wow ofcourse definitly cant. Activision will never spend money on game what will held lower interest than classic. Current moder wow cant exist if classic will be sucess. Game will change or put on life support.

Moder wow is far far more expensive to run. Imagine you spend millions of dollars on game played by 500k while classic with barely any cost have 3mil. Activision will never support such expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    AoE loot didnt nake game better. It breaks immersion and rpg of the game. You loot corpse and suddenly entire loot of 10 dead mobs is in you invetory. Absolute nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

People get it. This is more about is current market more hungey after classic like experience or moder wow like experience? Classic can exist if playerbase will plument. Modern wow ofcourse definitly cant. Activision will never spend money on game what will held lower interest than classic. Current moder wow cant exist if classic will be sucess. Game will change or put on life support.

Moder wow is far far more expensive to run. Imagine you spend millions of dollars on game played by 500k while classic with barely any cost have 3mil. Activision will never support such expense.
    Of course Live can and will exist if Classic is a success. You people are so caught up in your delusions that you ignore facts. Modern WoW has a ton of monetary solutions outside of sub, Classic has ONLY sub, but it's also part of the same sub fee meaning that any Classic players will still be paying the whole.

If Live dies and gets shutdown, you can bet your ass the same would happen with Classic and its sincere lack of diversified revenue streams.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    I think 8.2 will be good enough to kill a lot of the demand from people who were maybe thinking about it only because of BfA being lacklustre. And a long-running beta process will also dampen a lot of the hype because it no longer feels like this new shiny thing. A lot of Classic interest has been FOMO, I know this having been guilty of it myself. Classic was SO enticing when reading about it and watching streams, but the reality is completely different once you get into it. The one good thing is that it's made me appreciate the things they've added to the main game more, for example I'm now tempted to start finding a guild to push high key Mythic dungeons.
    I hated Legion and quit after the first raid release. I shouldn't have gone against my better judgement, but I decided to play BFA and my guild of 60 people all quit within about 2 months. There are far too many systemic problems with BFA to salvage this expansion. Most people who have quit months ago probably have no intention of returning. My time with retail is probably over unless major philosophical changes happen.

The GCD change was my #1 deal breaker overall among the myriad of other problems. My class is no longer fun to play, most classes have been thematically ruined, pruned, and most casters are now what color of magic ball are you throwing at an enemy. Azerite system is garbage, IE's and WF's are even worse. Lacklustre doesn't even begin to describe BFA.

Both games can exist together just fine, but I for one will probably never be returning to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    BfA isn't a "mega-flop" outside of an echo chamber of people who take the opinion of twitch streamers as gospel. It is (right now) objectively better than WoD, as there are three available raids and the expansion isn't over yet.
    By who's objectivity are we judging it? By my "objective" judgment, WoD was at least 3 times more fun and engaging than anything I played in 2 months of BfA. Quantity of content is not the only metric by which to judge something. BfA has a lot of content that amounts to less than the sum of its parts because of the god-awful systems design.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I think the hopes of some that Classic WoW is going to have a great influence on the other side of the game are going to be dashed. Some people will love Classic. Others will not. There's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing to recommend bringing the games closer together when they appeal to such different audiences. The smarter play is to keep them far, far apart. The game serves two separate audiences and I do not understand why they should be brought together. Many are offended that the integrity of Classic might be violated by the current game. OK. But there's no reason to change the current game to more closely mirror Classic's design either.

For anyone that wants to argue that the current version of the game is losing players, OK. But hold that argument until we see how the Classic version of the game holds up. It may hold its players; it may not. If it doesn't then it's not much of an argument to change the current game to be more like Classic.

I'll play both and be happy that I have a choice. This whole death match business between the games is stupid, self-defeating and frankly hurts both of them. You should want both to succeed. That means more resources available for both games and a higher chance of seeing Classic extended in some way.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-06-13 at 09:20 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Pretty sure the OPs reaction is going to be the majority of people who attempt classic.

Edit due to mod notice below:

I never expected Classic to be more than a nice little filler for Retail content droughts and from what we know so far it looks like BFA will give me plenty of time to enjoy Classic as just that.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-06-13 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's remember what forum we're posting in. Critical breakdowns of what patch 8.2 will and won't do for BfA don't belong here. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Iv played the stress test and all i want to do now is play more!!! I will be playing current wow too. But i know vanilla wow will be main for me. Nut for you not so much everyone has a different taste i suppose.

So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.

I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.
    we've all gotten lazy, but the #1 problem is that most of you just don't fucking like MMORPGs to start with. you wanted to ride the wave and didn't give a shit what the wave was, you just wanted to be part of pop culture

people who like MMORPGs like wow, they don't love what wow is today but it's not all bad and classic isn't all good, but it's more of an MMORPG than BFA

it's the challenge, the fact that you're on a long ass fucking journey that you simply may never see to completion, but when you do, goddamn that makes your dick hard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I feel Classic is like going back to school. It might have been fun at the time but no way I would do it again.
    you sound like someone who isn't out of school yet.

So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.

I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.
    I had a somewhat similar experience. I already kind of knew that I wouldn't enjoy classic to the level that I have heard many talking about. Having played since very early Vanilla, I still have memories of what leveling was like in vanilla. I knew going into it that it wouldn't be the same level of excitement of a new Xpac or new game, but after spending some good hours, I had a similar sinking feeling. I knew how painstaking a lot of the systems would be, even having discussions about it with friends, but actually sitting down with it elicited something different in me.

While I enjoyed my time, generally speaking, I quickly realized that, I do not have the time to invest Classic like I did when I first started playing WoW, nor would I want to. Remembering how different Vanilla and Modern are was one thing, but to actual FEEL it was another. My excitement for Classic has since been tempered. I will play classic here and there, taking my time, basking in the memories of times past. However, I won't devote to it the hours I would a new Xpac, as it's simply not the kind of game I would want make the sacrifices necessary to do so. It will probably the kind of game I hop onto for an hour or so before I go to bed on some nights, which is fine with me.

I do feel like some people (not all or 50% or anything) will be in for a shock once they actually sit down with it, but that's to be expected with anything. Like others have said, Classic is made for a certain type of person, just like modern is made for a certain type of person. People will try Classic because it's free, so to speak, and will not like it, while others will sub just to play Classic, never touching retail.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    we've all gotten lazy, but the #1 problem is that most of you just don't fucking like MMORPGs to start with. you wanted to ride the wave and didn't give a shit what the wave was, you just wanted to be part of pop culture

people who like MMORPGs like wow, they don't love what wow is today but it's not all bad and classic isn't all good, but it's more of an MMORPG than BFA

it's the challenge, the fact that you're on a long ass fucking journey that you simply may never see to completion, but when you do, goddamn that makes your dick hard
    The way I personally feel about it, is the early days of wow (Vanilla/TBC/early WotLK) heavily leaned into the RPG elements of MMO, where as the later iterations have attempted to lean more heavily into the MMO (I mean the literal meaning of MMO here) aspect with things like LFR, LFG, Cross-Server, etc (by which I mean leaning into). They've tried to bring back more RPG elements, but they are woefully lacking to what true RPG elements are.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2019-06-13 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I haven't played the beta and didn't play the game when it was live, but I'm excited for Classic, despite well knowing it's massive flaws, because I want to explore Azeroth without BfA's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like your previous opinions on classic were based on pure ignorance if four levels was enough to expose that you had been clueless. I doubt most of the other people anticipating classic are so ignorant.

Still, it is good to weed people out early who can't even be bothered to loot mobs.
    /s