Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    I cannot comment on the incident per se...

    But rioting only destroying your own community.

    Lots of white nationalists are happy they're rioting right now.

    Want to enraged those racists? Act civilized.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    If he was ramming police cars then genuinely did have a weapon, I can understand why they shot him. Although considering a lot of the "he had a weapon" claims that turn out to be bullshit I can see why people are skeptical. No excuse for rioting or violence though. If it turns out he did have a weapon and was smashing police cars, then I can understand the police being threatened. Although shooting a suspect should always be last resort imo.

    If it does turn out he was unarmed though, there should be criminal charges against the police. It seems that shooting someone is taken too lightly by a lot of officers. Taking someones life should always be a difficult thing you don't want to do but sometimes might have to. Where as too often, it seems like it's done just because it's the easier option. Look at the police in the UK, they have to call in armed police if they need them and often face people with weapons unarmed and manage to diffuse/handle the situation.

    As for the rioting and violence, I don't understand that. Either the police are racist and you're just giving them excuses to be violent back or they aren't and you're being violent towards people just trying to do their jobs. I especially don't understand when these riots turn into destroying local property, that just seems stupid. Destroying your own neighbourhood to spite the police, that's logical...

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do understand the police are guilty by those who do not understand statistics. The police who have acted criminally in carrying out their duties, are only a very small minority of the force.
    Nope, they're not. There's a strong enough justification to prosecute every single member of those departments under RICO statutes.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    I cannot comment on the incident per se...

    But rioting only destroying your own community.

    Lots of white nationalists are happy they're rioting right now.

    Want to enraged those racists? Act civilized.
    Violence is, to many, a last resort chosen when acting civilized gets you nowhere. I mean it is always easy to just assume that the people who riot just exploded on the first thing that ticked them off, but it is certainly possible that said community has reacted civil to racism - real or perceived, know too little of the case to tell - to no avail. Being civilized usually does not enrage racists, but rather makes them feel more powerful, since an enemy that does not fight back is perceived as weak.

  4. #64
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Criminals resent those that enforce the law. That isn't something new
    and again my post isn't aimed at criminals.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Being civilized usually does not enrage racists, but rather makes them feel more powerful, since an enemy that does not fight back is perceived as weak.
    Black people being violent is sure to go down well ...

  6. #66
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    20,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Nope, they're not. There's a strong enough justification to prosecute every single member of those departments under RICO statutes.
    I disagree. You are free to disagree. I will keep my stance until I see the police in general being convicted of what you think is abuse. There are however, ex. police officers who are serving prison time as we post this. And one at least that I saw the video footage of his crime, deserves it.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-06-13 at 11:49 PM.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

    If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

  7. #67
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post


    snitches get stiches

    Not exactly the mindset for normal law abiding citizens
    its also not exactly relevant to my post.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    A mob gathering to battle with police who shot a criminal attacking them with a deadly weapon is a fairly good indicator that the community in that area is garbage.
    the fact that it got to such a point is the problem but that seems to be flying over peoples heads.

  8. #68
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The institution isn't a person, you can't hold it morally responsible. Like I said, they just needed a target to unleash anger. They all look the same, so why not.



    The cops aren't "dirty" - interesting you use the same phrasing as racist anti-semites would, implying they are "unclean". Again, why should the cops trust the community that is bigoted towards them? The faults lie in the individuals causing harm. That's what a fault is.




    What do you mean "whitest"?
    Institutions take on the moral characteristics of the people who make it up. If the institution is responsible for bad acts then the people who make up the body of the institution are held accountable.

    Same if a company does bad, those who work for the company are held accountable.

    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

    -- Albert Einstein
    Please miss all the 'it's not the institution' talk. In any other profession, education, medicine, even retail, if you know someone is doing wrong and don't act least report it you're getting in trouble too. No such as a good person who gives a bad one space to operate.

    Yet the law enforcement, those who should be held to the highest standards and those who we should be the most proud of, are treated like they are doing the best they can do. "Aw, he was just a little heavy handed because he was stressed out." "We can come down on cops for every infraction because they are all we have." Pathetic excuse after excuse.

    https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...-public-views/

    Strange how the people view police vs the way police view themselves.

    I find interesting that cops even debunk the argument that they are heavy handed across the board because they are afraid of guns and understaffed. According to the poll most feel safe on the job, that numbers are adequate, and fine with more people owning guns - even in favor or less restrictive laws. So whats their excuse?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-06-14 at 12:04 AM.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Institutions take on the moral characteristics of the people who make it up. If the institution is responsible for bad acts then the people who make up the body of the institution are held accountable.

    Same if a company does bad, those who work for the company are held accountable.
    No, they actually aren't. The management is usually the entity that's held accountable. The janitor at Enron just isn't culpable.

    Please miss all the 'it's not the institution' talk. In any other profession, education, medicine, even retail, if you know someone is doing wrong and don't act least report it you're getting in trouble too. No such as a good person who gives a bad one space to operate.
    Or when the higher-ups are the ones punishing speaking out about it, in which case they aren't getting in trouble. Even if it isn't, a doctor at one hospital is not the least responsible for another hospital's staff making a mistake of some kind.

    Not sure why you said "miss all the" - why do you say "miss"? Miss it? I don't get it.

    Yet the law enforcement, those who should be held to the highest standards and those who we should be the most proud of, are treated like they are doing the best they can do. "Aw, he was just a little heavy handed because he was stressed out." "We can come down on cops for every infraction because they are all we have." Pathetic excuse after excuse.
    Uh, okay? This doesn't really do anything here.

    https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...-public-views/

    Strange how the people view police vs the way police view themselves.
    Media portrayal interaction with race can do that. Although it's interesting black people were less likely to see the police as solely enforcers, and the 5% difference for them seeing them as protectors really isn't much to write home about. This wasn't the pew article to bring up.

    When protests break out again and again over murderous thugs being killed, it's not really showing us their greater anger against the police is warranted.

  10. #70
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    20,620
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Strange how the people view police vs the way police view themselves.

    I find interesting that cops even debunk the argument that they are heavy handed across the board because they are afraid of guns and understaffed. According to the poll most feel safe on the job, that numbers are adequate, and fine with more people owning guns - even in favor or less restrictive laws. So whats their excuse?
    I would think those officers who are actually doing the job of enforcing the laws out in the streets, know more about what is needed than the public in general do. Having more officers would certainly make their jobs primarily safer.

    I would not argue against better training however. And the police's job is not to protect the public, but to enforce the laws which can help protect the public. This was made clear by the Supreme Court's decision which stated the police are not legally required to protect the public. Their job is to enforce the laws.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

    If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's irrelevant. As long as these retards see it's a black man, they'll take issue even if it's a serial child rapist murderer the police shot dead.
    Especially since more white people die to police annually and you don't see them upset about that. BLM is supposed to be about cop violence yet it only seems to be them being racist ignoring white deaths.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    and again my post isn't aimed at criminals.
    Yet that is the practical result of it. Why would a law abiding community despise a active police force?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Institutions take on the moral characteristics of the people who make it up. If the institution is responsible for bad acts then the people who make up the body of the institution are held accountable.

    Same if a company does bad, those who work for the company are held accountable.



    Please miss all the 'it's not the institution' talk. In any other profession, education, medicine, even retail, if you know someone is doing wrong and don't act least report it you're getting in trouble too. No such as a good person who gives a bad one space to operate.

    Yet the law enforcement, those who should be held to the highest standards and those who we should be the most proud of, are treated like they are doing the best they can do. "Aw, he was just a little heavy handed because he was stressed out." "We can come down on cops for every infraction because they are all we have." Pathetic excuse after excuse.

    https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...-public-views/

    Strange how the people view police vs the way police view themselves.

    I find interesting that cops even debunk the argument that they are heavy handed across the board because they are afraid of guns and understaffed. According to the poll most feel safe on the job, that numbers are adequate, and fine with more people owning guns - even in favor or less restrictive laws. So whats their excuse?
    Yes when racist black people and racist white people supporting racist black people make them have this need to be stressed out to where they are made to feel they can't even pull a black person over without cries of racism. "MAN THAT RACIST COP PULLED ME OVER AND GAVE ME A WARNING FOR A TAILLIGHT BEING OUT!"

    You can blame the racist black community for the current state of cops.

  14. #74
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yes when racist black people and racist white people supporting racist black people make them have this need to be stressed out to where they are made to feel they can't even pull a black person over without cries of racism. "MAN THAT RACIST COP PULLED ME OVER AND GAVE ME A WARNING FOR A TAILLIGHT BEING OUT!"

    You can blame the racist black community for the current state of cops.
    Repeatedly saying, 'racist black community' doesn't make it true all of a sudden.

  15. #75
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Yet that is the practical result of it. Why would a law abiding community despise a active police force?
    go back to my very first post for a few reasons. the people don't trust the police for many reasons some key ones being the polices fault.

  16. #76
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    No, they actually aren't. The management is usually the entity that's held accountable. The janitor at Enron just isn't culpable.


    Or when the higher-ups are the ones punishing speaking out about it, in which case they aren't getting in trouble. Even if it isn't, a doctor at one hospital is not the least responsible for another hospital's staff making a mistake of some kind.

    Not sure why you said "miss all the" - why do you say "miss"? Miss it? I don't get it.



    Uh, okay? This doesn't really do anything here.



    Media portrayal interaction with race can do that. Although it's interesting black people were less likely to see the police as solely enforcers, and the 5% difference for them seeing them as protectors really isn't much to write home about. This wasn't the pew article to bring up.

    When protests break out again and again over murderous thugs being killed, it's not really showing us their greater anger against the police is warranted.
    I wish I was at my desk so I could properly quote stuff.

    When you're at work and see someone doing something they aren't supposed to be doing, you better have a good reason for not reporting them.

    If you're a doctor at a hospital and know that another doctor is abusing their patients, that's your ass too if you don't report them and the powers that be find out you knew about it.

    Hell if your a teacher you held accountable for reporting on stuff you think is happening while your student is at home. We say, 'wtf was the rest of the hospital/school while X was going on?'

    Bad cop at a PD? Oh just one bad egg, nothing see here.

    Also you can just blame those poll on the media. We have to stop using the media as a scapegoat.

  17. #77
    I love where this country is going, whether or not it's justified you can't touch people of a certain color without a riot.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The statement was "don't break the law". If someone is going 10 miles over the speed limit the penalty should be a death sentence? No.
    That was my point the simple "breaking of law" doesn't mean a death sentence.

    I see though that with the last sentence you are either really young, drunk/high, and/or not really capable of rational discussions. Maybe you are just having a bad day. You need to see that anger and aggression checked into. Might be worth it one day.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The cops get to defend themselves of course!
    no, you keep the strawman. i have a feeling you'll need it later anyway.

    you're just another yokel trying to equate being "black and committing a violent crime" with "not being perfect" even though nobody said anything about "kill everyone who breaks any law"

    stay on topic

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    go back to my very first post for a few reasons. the people don't trust the police for many reasons some key ones being the polices fault.
    I am not as... charitable as you are.

  20. #80
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    11,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    I am not as... charitable as you are.
    or you just haven't actually looked into policing at all and the relationship they can and do have with community's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •