Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To most people these communities are the epitome of irrationality. Not only are they rioting and destroying their own neighborhoods, but they are also doing it for unjustified reasons seeing as how most of these incidents turn out to be the legal and justified use of police force.

I don't understand why the black community keeps doing this. They are making themselves look terrible and losing support of wider society. Why were the civil rights protests effective--they were both non-violent and justified. The US was 75%+ white during the civil rights era and to enact change civil rights leaders like MLK Jr. understood that they needed to convince a majority of white people that the discrimination against minorities was immoral and they succeeded because they were clear in their obvious grievances and non-violent. Violence, even justified violence, is looked down upon as a means to force societal change in a democratic state and unjustified violence is especially frowned upon.

While the US has had large demographic changes since then, the black community is still a minority and needs to convince the wider society that their problems either economically or with police need to be addressed and they are doing a terrible job convincing with this type of behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    Why are they angry a violent and unstable man died while attacking police again...?

They claim to want a better system but despise any system that actually protects them disgraceful.
    He wus a good boy about to turn his life around. He dindu nuffin!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    To most people these communities are the epitome of irrationality. Not only are they rioting and destroying their own neighborhoods, but they are also doing it for unjustified reasons seeing as how most of these incidents turn out to be the legal and justified use of police force.

I don't understand why the black community keeps doing this. They are making themselves look terrible and losing support of wider society. Why were the civil rights protests effective--they were both non-violent and justified. The US was 75%+ white during the civil rights era and to enact change civil rights leaders like MLK Jr. understood that they needed to convince a majority of white people that the discrimination against minorities was immoral and they succeeded because they were clear in their obvious grievances and non-violent. Violence, even justified violence, is looked down upon as a means to force societal change in a democratic state and unjustified violence is especially frowned upon.

While the US has had large demographic changes since then, the black community is still a minority and needs to convince the wider society that their problems either economically or with police need to be addressed and they are doing a terrible job convincing with this type of behavior.
    Some ghetto hood rats do not constitute any racial demographic as a whole. Socioeconomic demographic, maybe...very low SES people make bad decisions because many of them have made a lifetime of bad decisions. People are shaped by the environment that they grew up in, good or bad, and because of this may struggle with reason and understanding consequences, if they grew up with no good models to teach them.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Some ghetto hood rats do not constitute any racial demographic as a whole. Socioeconomic demographic, maybe...very low SES people make bad decisions because many of them have made a lifetime of bad decisions. People are shaped by the environment that they grew up in, good or bad, and because of this may struggle with reason and understanding consequences, if they grew up with no good models to teach them.
    Good point and Denzel Washington agrees with your point.

" If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Bit of context on what led up to the incident:

"What Led Up to U.S. Marshals Fatally Shooting 20-Year-Old Man in Memphis"

https://news.yahoo.com/led-u-marshal...035451748.html

Altercation came about because of multiple felony warrants. Just another "gang-banging thug who won't go out alive"
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Nah, that's not how society works.
    Why don't you organize it? Get your left wing buddies together and donate YOUR pay. Lead by example. I do not want to be taxed for UBI. Let the bums riot and be dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Why don't you organize it? Get your left wing buddies together and donate YOUR pay. Lead by example. I do not want to be taxed for UBI. Let the bums riot and be dealt with.
    you uh do realize if it's lawfully implemented it will be the feds who show up at your door for failing to pay taxes right? and btw they'll have those things you call guns.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Clearly they should let angry crowd try to kill them without using some serious force to deter them from further attacks
    It's called tear gas, bean-bag rounds, tasers, K-9 units, batons, water cannons, splinter-shotguns, rubber bullets, etcetera. Believe it or not, there's a BIG anti-rioting arsenal out there that tends towards non-lethal (though of course, there's always a chance of a bad reaction and someone dying anyway, but it's statistically very small).

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    no, you keep the strawman. i have a feeling you'll need it later anyway.

you're just another yokel trying to equate being "black and committing a violent crime" with "not being perfect" even though nobody said anything about "kill everyone who breaks any law"

stay on topic
    I'm curious what did I respond to in my post that you responded too? Wondering if you can follow a conversation from the beginning to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you uh do realize if it's lawfully implemented it will be the feds who show up at your door for failing to pay taxes right? and btw they'll have those things you call guns.
    Yes, but much to the sorrow of do nothing's like yourself it isn't law. Once again... take some of the money your mom gives you and donate it to some UBI go fund me... lead by example.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's called tear gas, bean-bag rounds, tasers, K-9 units, batons, water cannons, splinter-shotguns, rubber bullets, etcetera. Believe it or not, there's a BIG anti-rioting arsenal out there that tends towards non-lethal (though of course, there's always a chance of a bad reaction and someone dying anyway, but it's statistically very small).
    Yeah but everyone wants to be knocked out no one wants to be dead. That is why one is a effective deterrent the other less so.

Though this is rather off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://apnews.com/c290fd44dace4fe7b836110de77c1894

Edit: Found some more information.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-memphis...152337354.html

Sounds like possible suicide by cop.

Update: 2:30pm(pst)

Update: 3pm
    "It's too many of our young black bruddahs bein kilt and right now this is serious"

It is indeed sir. This poor victim only commited armed robbery, shooting a man five times and stealing his vehicle, before live streaming himself saying "have to kill me" in relation to police apprehending him. I think any reasonable soul in this thread will agree, If we were able, we would gladly let this man pump five rounds into our chests and hand him the keys to our car as we died, so as to make his escape from these deranged, monstrous, uniformed terrorists.

Really, the only logical response to this is to dress up in baggy shorts with our asses hanging out, and hop around making strange hand signs in the air, as If casting powerful mudra to ward off the evil spirits that surely must inhabit these blue beasts. Others of us must also dress and act accordingly, seemingly indifferent from scenes of riot in countries such as Sudan, and Yemen. Then we should throw bricks, which we have in abundance (unlike the facts of the crime scene) while raging about the (supposed) injustice.

If there is one thing we MUST NOT GIVE INTO after this, it is simply that we can not wonder about how acting like this makes everyone watching perceive us, or how it shapes the thoughts of police officers going forward.

Because only two wrongs can makes a right! And now, because none of us actually care enough to do anything other than type, let us spill forth into the forums to demonize police!

Ok so to reiterate, the righties take the "because black lol same day different story", and the lefties can take the "police brutality as usual, they should all get sparky" and everyone else in between can go after the other low hanging fruit. "Blame it on guns" is in right now, also hating on weed. There's really something for everybody to do nothing about here folks.

Interesting how riots relating to issues blacks feel they have with police officers gets belittled and gets many posts and threads on this forum, but a riot over pumpkins or... football game... or hockey... or basketball or... sport events in general... of parties being broken up has nothing to be said.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Interesting how riots relating to issues blacks feel they have with police officers gets belittled and gets many posts and threads on this forum, but a riot over pumpkins or... football game... or hockey... or basketball or... sport events in general... of parties being broken up has nothing to be said.
    Well, I don't agree that this man is worth protesting for for even a second (unless you want to protest about the fact that all drug abuse should be a health issue and not a criminal issue), but I also don't blame the community at all if they feel this is the straw that broke their proverbial backs. Like, if you do 99 other things wrong, the last one doesn't even have to be a real thing for the issue to boil over.

It really amounts to racism. Attach 'black' to anything, and you get a negative reaction to it from the usual suspects.

Well, at least now he can't break the law after being ventilated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Let me guess he dindu nuffin wrong ....
    he was goan 2 college. spreadin the word of jesus christ, on his way to church.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    You guys don't understand.
    He was ramming the task force vehicles because he was running late for the college he was thinking to attend sometime in the future.
    thank you for spreading the truth my brother. these crackers need to know the REAL TRUTH.
    Working on my next ban.

Interesting how you'll always seem to say whatever you can to deflect any criticism at people who happen to be black.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Interesting how you'll always seem to say whatever you can to deflect any criticism at people who happen to be black.
    Riots happen with some frequency the only ones worth your time seem to be blacks protesting or rioting against perceived civil right issues.

Meanwhile, if a bunch of white people riot because their party is getting broken up... eh nothing to say about that? The real issue are people rioting over perceived civil right issues?

On this forum

"black people rioting over perceived civl right injustice is super abhorent but... white people rioting over winning or losing a sport event or... having a party broken up.. nah that's fine. Totally nothing to say about that"

Where is this a deflection of criticism against the person? This is me pointing out you and everyone else racist bullshit, there are literally four racist posts with the entire racist meme going on yet you have nothing to say about that I bet.

Riots happen with some frequency the only ones worth your time seem to be blacks protesting or rioting against perceived civil right issues.

Meanwhile, if a bunch of white people riot because their party is getting broken up... eh nothing to say about that? The real issue are people rioting over perceived civil right issues?

On this forum

"black people rioting over perceived civl right injustice is super abhorent but... white people rioting over winning or losing a sport event or... having a party broken up.. nah that's fine. Totally nothing to say about that"

Where is this a deflection of criticism against the person? This is me pointing out you and everyone else racist bullshit, there are literally four racist posts with the entire racist meme going on yet you have nothing to say about that I bet.
    The king of whataboutary. No one cares about your stupid whataboutism. Go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Why would you ask where the deflection is in the same post that you're doing it? You really just can't help yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.