Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I legit just don't understand why they can't just invest in a WoW2
    And that's why you don't work in video games.

The investment in character is the main strength of WoW. A WoW2 would fail and take WoW down with it.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Explain what problem come with 127?
    No problem comes with 127.... they're saying the level is stored in a way it is not, the maximum level since vanilla that could be stored was 255

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Former Blizzard CM Yisthens had a decent perspective on it that he mentioned on twitter: https://twitter.com/CadenHouse/statu...07256166133760
    He said "either it is a mistake or it could be real, I don't know".

How is that interesting or relevant? Literally everyone knows it could be a mistake/fake or could be real.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

A level squish doesn't actually improve the leveling experience. If they were to do one then they should also update every zone again like they did with Cata, making them fluid much better with the squish and up to date with the current lore. All legacy continent like Outland, Northrend and Pandaria should share the same level and give players the choice where they want to go. Draenor and Broken Isles should be an exception considering how much faster you can level there.

What I could see happening:

Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms: 1-30
    Outland/Northrend/Cata zones/Pandaria: 30-40
    Draenor/Broken Isles: 40-50
    Zandalar/Kul'Tiras: 50-60

15+ Year Old Account
    If they cut it in half it would be nice!

- - - Updated - - -

If they cut it in half it would be nice. 120 seems so far away indeed! Hope they will do this next xpac.

if you guys think 120 is a lot of levels you should play disgaea... max level is 9999

Bring on the level squish! Cut those levels in half!

I feel like people think a level squish would mean XP reduction...

It would actually be just about the same thing... nothing is changing but visually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    The whole game is already relevant. What do you mean "make the whole game relevant again"
    Found the guy who doesn't read any of the quest text or cares about the RPG aspect of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    removing levels is dumb... there is no reason to do so. if the levels feel meaningless its because 99% of the game is meaningless and they removed too much of it...

The solution to too much being removed is to add it back in not remove more...
    Bingo! These devs don't know that though. The only thing they know how to do is take things away.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it all depends on 1 - whether it will be:

1) only level squish and time spent leveling staying the same because otherwise they wouldnt sell as many boosts

2) they do level squish and also cut down leveling time by half.

eitherway its a huge disservice towards people who have many alts just because few not so smart people are intimidated by numbers like 100 or 120.
    Okay, I'll bite. Ignoring the colossal false dilemma you've created there (there are many possible ways of implementing a level squish besides just those two options), how would either of those choices be "a huge disservice towards people who have many alts?" I see absolutely no negative impact whatsoever, and I'm somebody with more than one of each class on a single server who completed every single Mage Tower artifact challenge in Legion before the end-of-expansion AP boost.

Remember that post where someone said they got this survey qurstion, (a few days before this post was made on the home page) and people laughed at him in disbelief? I 'member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna feel weird being 120 one day and being 60 or whatever the next.
    I really hope they don't do it, since part of RPG experience is gaining power, not losing it.

My vote, finish off this expansion's story by splitting the horde and making a new MMO that has three factions BAM!

This game is getting too old...

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    A new engine that allows them to do a lot more obviously? WoW is running on a 15 year old engine, there's a lot they can't do with it.
    Longer. The engine is based on the one they created for Warcraft 3. They announced that 20 years ago and I assume a prototype engine existed even earlier. The thing is ANCIENT.

- - - Updated - - -

And something I never understood. Why 60? Always seemed a really weird number instead of, say 50.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    And that's why you don't work in video games.

The investment in character is the main strength of WoW. A WoW2 would fail and take WoW down with it.
    I'm pretty sure people have gotten their investment worths in 15 years of WoW1. I could see if the game was only a few years old but 15...I don't think many people would be mad about a WoW2 and having to make a character. All your progress is basically being devalued now anyways with all these stat squishes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How do we know this is real? The screenshots certainly look low quality. Basically I'd expect a real survey to not have a weirdly distorted logo, among other things. Marketing people are obsessed with brand and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

People constantly whine and throw tantrums about the fact that they don't get a new talent or spell every level anymore with spell ranks not being as much of a thing. So that'd probably be the point if nothing else.
    I think they should add new stuff in, not squish it down. Blizz could easily add in new spells and talent rows

I don't mind a leveling squish. My main concern is character progression and class mechanics.

I just want them to figure out how I can progress my character while leveling and at endgame, without feeling like I lose all that progress once an expansion ends.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

blizz has been removing that investment more and more with every expansion... all the more reason to make a new mmo

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean what is the actual point? it isn't like it's going to take any less time to hit max level. if they squish it to 60 they will still maintain the amount of xp needed to hit 120. so it's not going to save time or anything. complete waste of time doing it
    I have one of every class on both factions at 120. I don't feel like this is a disservice at all. Please don't try to speak for everyone when you speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I legit just don't understand why they can't just invest in a WoW2 or another MMO at this point instead of continuing to lower stats and levels every expansion essentially destroying the entire point of an MMO which is to increase your characters power.

Think about it this way, they continually put more and more time into fixing and adjusting the current game engine instead of putting that effort into building a new one...
    This would give a lot of people that are just playing WoW out of pure addiction a chance to quit. They've put so much time and effort into their characters and collections, so losing that would make them lose all the attachments to the game. So... probably not something Blizzard wants to do.