Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Low on content - and idea to solve it.

Lets get real, wow is not dying because some garbage arguments like LFR, catchup gear, easy stuff, nobody gives a shit about it. It is because it lacks fun content.

And blizzard is way to concerned if something "fits" their story. My opinion? F*ck story, we ain't gettin anything close to good story. And we certainly should care if "idea of mage tower fits the story".

I had some pretty cool shower idea:

Introduce a mini faction - not related to story.
    • Intro scenario similar to assault on broken shore - skippable on alts. But it would give you idea how it works.
    • No quests, daily quests, world quests whatsoever.
    • Rep would be built by doing weekly scenarios, can be done multiple times but each run would diminish how much rep you gain (so it would be like 3-5 per week at most)
    • You would have 3 sidekicks. Healer/tank/dps.
    • Scenarios would be pretty close to a mix of whithered army scenario and chromie but with sidekicks.
    • You cannot use your class abilities, instead you have 8 buttons, 3 to command sidekicks (move, attack, stand back), 5 on special abilities (that would rotate each week).
    • Each run would give you gear upgrades to your sidekicks with different rarity, and meaningful rewards - AP, resources and gold (diminished each run).
    • No gear rewards, instead some world quest quality items to buy for reputation.
    • Mount for exalted, pets and toys for revered etc, nothing special.
    • Different maps each week (10 at least, but not big, and blizz could use some old world maps for that.)
    • Different boss at the end. No way ot overgear your sidekicks - tho it would make runs smoother.
    • Oneshot mechanics so you can't faceroll it. And sometimes would HAVE to use ability "stand back"
    • Boss difficulty a in between brawlgar anena and mage tower.
    • Pots/booster that works only on this scenario like +20% dps for sidekicks for 20 seconds, -50% dmg taken for 10 seconds.

If you had similar ideas share em here.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lets get real, wow is not dying because some garbage arguments like LFR, catchup gear, easy stuff, nobody gives a shit about it. It is because it lacks fun content.

[Oneshot mechanics so you can't faceroll it. And sometimes would HAVE to use ability "stand back"

EQ had this. No matter how geared to the teeth your tank was, they could get one-shotted by a boss or high lvl trash mob/mini boss.
    Losing exp from death would be an interesting thing to add to WoW. *being able to actually De-lvl*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    EQ had this. No matter how geared to the teeth your tank was, they could get one-shotted by a boss or high lvl trash mob/mini boss.
    Losing exp from death would be an interesting thing to add to WoW. *being able to actually De-lvl*
    Neither gettin one shot as tank nor de-lvling sounds like somethin fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    If WoW implemented ESO's scaling, there would be tons of content when everything​ is relevant end game content.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Fun gameplay is what WoW needs, i agree, the problem is that the idea of "fun" is different for everyone.

So WoW creates a fun place to have fun. Everything is nice and good, but i think it needs ONE other thing.

A place to show off your skill gear (social status) while at the same time helping less skill/lower social status players.

Island expeditions were ALMOST this.
    In my opinion every game needs a place like this.
    All the effort you put in getting good gear must be rewarded with "social status" ingame

First, visually
    The most basic of things.
    With transmog this is optional but it should be an option.

Then the group must see you are awesome.
    In WoW this is done with damage meters....and because this game has no action gameplay and is tab target (and follows the trinity design), is very hard to have other ways of "showing off"

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

And blizzard is way to concerned if something "fits" their story. My opinion? F*ck story, we ain't gettin anything close to good story. And we certainly should care if "idea of mage tower fits the story".

I had some pretty cool shower idea:

Introduce a mini faction - not related to story.
    • Intro scenario similar to assault on broken shore - skippable on alts. But it would give you idea how it works.
    • No quests, daily quests, world quests whatsoever.
    • Rep would be built by doing weekly scenarios, can be done multiple times but each run would diminish how much rep you gain (so it would be like 3-5 per week at most)
    • You would have 3 sidekicks. Healer/tank/dps.
    • Scenarios would be pretty close to a mix of whithered army scenario and chromie but with sidekicks.
    • You cannot use your class abilities, instead you have 8 buttons, 3 to command sidekicks (move, attack, stand back), 5 on special abilities (that would rotate each week).
    • Each run would give you gear upgrades to your sidekicks with different rarity, and meaningful rewards - AP, resources and gold (diminished each run).
    • No gear rewards, instead some world quest quality items to buy for reputation.
    • Mount for exalted, pets and toys for revered etc, nothing special.
    • Different maps each week (10 at least, but not big, and blizz could use some old world maps for that.)
    • Different boss at the end. No way ot overgear your sidekicks - tho it would make runs smoother.
    • Oneshot mechanics so you can't faceroll it. And sometimes would HAVE to use ability "stand back"
    • Boss difficulty a in between brawlgar anena and mage tower.
    • Pots/booster that works only on this scenario like +20% dps for sidekicks for 20 seconds, -50% dmg taken for 10 seconds.

Ah, so instead of the usual pseudo-repeatable content that Blizz has developed to tackle this problem we can have... pseudo-repeatable content? I fail to see how this is different to any other rep grind, daily/farm area that Blizz has been implementing.

I feel like if you're gonna try to solve this problem you need to go down the route of either, very easy to develop content, or highly repeatable content, or some combination of the both, a la M+ Dungeons via our beautiful Diablo Greater Rifts mechanic. Though obviously this isn't a total success, M+ gets too hard for much of the player base and also drives people to repeat content they don't want to repeat, but have to for the gear.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a really tough problem, I just don't think this idea is anything other than make some content so we have some more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Island expeditions were ALMOST this.
    In my opinion every game needs a place like this.
    All the effort you put in getting good gear must be rewarded with "social status" ingame
    For some social pecking order to work you need an audience who cares. I don't raid. I don't PVP. I have no idea what their gear looks like and could not care less. Besides, I'm having some difficulty processing the idea that standing around and gawping at some player in their gear or title is fun. That may have happened at one time but I don't think it happens a lot now.

I'm biased though about the gear which I have always thought looked generally terrible. Too big, too bulky and makes me wonder how anyone can move around in something that looks like it weighs 300 pounds.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah ESO mounts are mostly store bought and toys are mostly from quests and achievements. What you can get is mogs and furnishings and there are usually a LOT you can get from each zone so it can take a while. I mean there are three full sets of mogs you can get from pickpocketing people in Vvardenfell ffs.
    And there is no "do the scaled up content" option; there is no other option the content constantly scales up to meet your level and all content is endgame scaled.
    that sounds horrible and i was thinking of trying ESO again but not now.. i hate scaling.... Its the main reason i barely play wow now is the forced scaling.

OT: WoW has enough content.. the reward system could use some re-work to be less RNG based, even bad luck protection would help
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2019-06-12 at 09:40 AM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Problem with wow after all these years, is that the game offloads content "that matters" and are meaningful at max level. Once you reach max lvl, there really is no reason to travel into lower lvl zones besides farm old raids and maybe get Loremaster title.

Beyond that, the world as a whole is dead. Everything is pumped into the new zones for each xpac, leaving the last one behind with only 1 function; For people to level through as fast as they can.

Blizzard would need to redesign the whole game if they want the whole world to have meaning and be playable. It would be awesome, dont get me wrong. But it would require some insane legwork.

Personally I would love if next xpac is centered in K/E-K and they make every zone relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For some social pecking order to work you need an audience who cares. I don't raid. I don't PVP. I have no idea what their gear looks like and could not care less. Besides, I'm having some difficulty processing the idea that standing around and gawping at some player in their gear or title is fun. That may have happened at one time but I don't think it happens a lot now.

I'm biased though about the gear which I have always thought looked generally terrible. Too big, too bulky and makes me wonder how anyone can move around in something that looks like it weighs 300 pounds.
    Im not talking about "aw look, that transmog is so cool looking"
    Thats relative

Im talking about "oh boy, he has the Dragonslayer complete set...aaaaaand he has insane DPS......aaaand he is killing all the mobs at once alone"

Basically recreate the feeling of that recent thread of a Twink Paladin (dont know where that thread went, lost it)

Player empowerement is very important.
    Work ingame > Work ingame > Working ingame > reap the reward (power and fame)

But that is not empowerment. Empowerment is personal. You'll never find my gawking at someone else, I care about what I do not about what others do.
    Tell me kind sir.

Where do you show of...i mean...where do you go to feel empowered?

After spending Months farming gear...where do you go to "reap the rewards", "see your amazing power", "show off" etc?

edit: you dont, you unsubscribe
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-12 at 09:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But if that scaled up content also dropped scaled up loot (because, let's face it, nobody does old stuff just because it is there), wouldn't people prefer a faceroll MC run over doing BoD or CoS? So why would Blizzard then ever add new raids or 5 mans?
    Of course loot scales as well. Why would you do newer raids? Well, new raids could have better/different sets/items and of course vanity items. Clearing a new raid is also FUN.

If WoW had ESO's scaling and item system with relevant world quests in all zones of the game - I would start playing WoW again. Of course professions need an overhaul and class design needs a tweak, but those are secondary issues.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I stay in the game. If the gameplay is fun, you can just play alts and get them to a similar level.
    But with this phrase you just proved my point? :S
    You are saying after you spend months farming the best gear possible...you make another character.
    Because...there is no place for you to feel empowered.

I don't gawk at strangers and fanboi at Mythic raiders.
    Ok, you dont gawk. I understand.

What happens when he is in your group and first in damage meters by a mile?
    Are you going to /hide recount?
    Close your eyes?

What about when he dodges all insta kill mechanics and you are dead on the ground waiting for a combat rezz?

And there is nothing wrong with being done. I am not a mouse on a treadmill, it's actually very rewarding to feel you are done.
    But thats the best part! This "place" im talking about is completely optional.
    Is just a place to feel empowered...maybe farm cosmetics while helping other noobs?

Its a place exclusively for YOU to feel good about yourself (and enjoy the gameplay)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-12 at 10:05 AM.

Real talk, there are not enough people in the game to allow for interactions without tunneling people to specific kinds of content. What COULD be done is have the entire world be viable and then tunnel them to different areas with an emissary or weekly event system. But everything being viable doesn't work without a system to support it. What e.g. ESO does is have constant holidays that target specific areas from past DLC and for a week or two, double all rewards there; it helps concentrate the player base.

- - - Updated - - -
    Good point! wow already has several events going on every week, and I wish they would double down on this. More events. Send us to Westfall and deal with the defias. Send us to Western P to deal with nasty zombies. Send us to winterspring to deal with furbolgs. The ideas here are endless, anything can happen. Tie achivs, mounts, titles, tmog gear, real gear, proffesions +++ to it.

It would be so great. Personally I would love this!

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is the that the perception and understanding of Fun changed over the years, and this is something that applies to gaming in general, but particularly with mmos such WoW.

Fun went from long "arduous" journey to instant gratification and showering the players with immediate rewards, depriving the experience of any meaningful accomplishment.

Why does everyone wants so much solo content in a MMO. If you want a solo rpg go play witcher or Divinity....

What WoW "needs" is going to be completely subjective. I'm sure tons of people would hate what I want Blizzard to do with the game.

I want them to make every single zone in the game relevant; sandbox elements out the wazoo:

• Implement hundreds of random events and boss spawns that scale through the expansions. E.g., Defias attack on Goldshire, lasts for 20 minutes and Goldshire is either destroyed till weekly reset or saved and buffs/rewards are given out to participants.
    • Introduce far more Fishing recipes that scale through expansions and require fish from all different zones.
    • Woodcutting and along with that, housing. It's about damn time.
    • There's plenty more things they could do to expand the economy and create a thriving world full of life rather than being void of players beyond the "current" zones.

I think they need to develop content that lasts forever, rather than a single content patch. They could still do new zones and raids/dungeons but they need to give the 99% of the game that is virtually unused some purpose. Make the World part of the World of Warcraft have purpose.

It's not gameplay. Plus you've made it all about pecking order; that means it needs to be about me feeling good about my social status, not about myself.

I do not oppose something like housing because it has separate gameplay of its own and it can be shared with friends and help facilitate roleplay. But I don't see it as a matter of showing off.
    I dont know if other people are "like myself" but this was my experience in Monter Hunter games:

I farmed like a maniac and was able to craft all the best armor sets ingame.

I felt...awesome...but wait! What shall i do next?

I spent at least 500 hours exclusively helping lower levels with their quests!

1) I was in good looking/awesome gear
    2)I was doing the content i enjoy doing
    3)I was helping the community
    4)I was showing the noobs how to play the game

I found a "home" in lower level content and helping the community.

I just want to recreate that feeling You think its possible in WoW? To recreate this gameplay? (very hard with the trinity design and tab target combat)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-12 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Tell me kind sir.

Where do you show of...i mean...where do you go to feel empowered?

After spending Months farming gear...where do you go to "reap the rewards", "see your amazing power", "show off" etc?

edit: you dont, you unsubscribe
    I guess it works for some people. But I never understood how my enjoyment of a game is related to what other do with it or think of me.
    I get zero enjoyment out of gawking at other people, neither do I get a kick out of relating my stuff to what others have.

You have your epic mythic set completed, good for you, meanwhile I'm of collecting pets in old content. Those activities don't overlap, so I'd sooner be jealous of someone who got lucky on a pet that refuses to drop for me (RNG not skill). Then someone who has the latest raid set completed, it's something that will never be worth something to me, because I do not partake in endgame raiding.

OT; I kinda like the concept, but I'm not sure current engine would allow for it work in a non-frustrating way. Withered army was a very limited version and that annoyed me at times. It would have to have a very responsive UI to not want me to throw rocks and my digital side-kicks