Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Do you think the solution to WoWs current problem is to cut back on what the game currently have to make it fresh,interesting and new?

Prune this. Squish that. Remove those?
    No, they should improve upon what they have instead of just deleting what isn't working.

An example i thought of recently is Archaeology and how in WoD it had some treasures in spires of arak linked to it. The concept of put a stick in the ground, move towards arrow, put another stick in ground and repeat for fragments, then combine fragments together and put more sticks in the ground just seems lazy and boring. What they could opt for instead is to link Archaeology with treasures around the world, which would add more interest and still makes sense. At the moment treasures in legion/bfa just seem like pointless extra content that rarely anyone will opt to do, while in WoD they had meaning due to the massive XP gains. It might even make more sense to link pathfinder/flying to a revamped Archaeology through similar means.

I'm sure there's other concepts that could be improved upon or implemented better, and everyone will have differing opinions about what is good and bad content, but there's definitely no need to just scrap content that Blizzard has spent time and money on.

When they scrap content we get content-drought expansions like WoD.
    Last edited by siskokid21; Today at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post

When they scrap content we get content-drought expansions like WoD.
    WoD was the last decent expansion, though. The closest it got to content drought was the wait between raid tiers. I'm still not done with some of the content from WoD, and I had enough time to play back then that I had 20x100 for that sweet sweet garrison.

And from someone who played too much back then: if you think you finished all of the content from WoD between each patch, you didn't. Not wanting to do something isn't the same as it not being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    WoD was the last decent expansion, though. The closest it got to content drought was the wait between raid tiers. I'm still not done with some of the content from WoD, and I had enough time to play back then that I had 20x100 for that sweet sweet garrison.

And from someone who played too much back then: if you think you finished all of the content from WoD between each patch, you didn't. Not wanting to do something isn't the same as it not being there.
    They literally released the selfie camera and twitter integration as a major content patch. They scrapped the new epic BGs, endgame zones, and half of the lore. They even scrapped a raid and retconned hellfire citadel last second, and just threw grommash hellscrem in there as the hero without explaining anything about what was going on. The content WoD had was great, don't get me wrong, but it definitely has far less content than any other expansion to date. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rds-of-Draenor

There was so much scrapped content in WoD, it's a shame that we spent 14 months in siege of orgrimmar for a watered down version of what could have been a great expansion.

You may have a different opinion than me, but TBC >= wotlk > Legion >= MoP > Cata >= BFA > WoD is how i would rate things. (with BFA still having potential, as legion had a very bad start, but ended as one of the better expansions.)
    Last edited by siskokid21; Today at 07:22 AM.