Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It doesn't work like that sadly. You can't just take WoW and transplant it to a new engine. It would mean completely making an entirely new copy of the game with all the existing content on the new engine.
    Technically, you can but you would have to rebuild the entire world, a great example of this is this video below

Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from this thread alone the best solution would be to get rid of most of the people playing the game in the first place.
    (which seems to be going fine, now if only they'd leave the forums too)

So many stupid, hateful and just ill-informed comments..
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Technically, you can but you would have to rebuild the entire world, a great example of this is this video below
    Yeah. I haven't seen that one, but I have seen the Westfall one. They're both beautiful. But you wouldn't just be transplanting the game's info to a new engine like some people seem to believe. I seem comments like "Why doesn't Blizz just move WoW to a new engine, it's so easy the only possible reason they don't is "they don't care anymore/they're lazy/they suck/insert insult here). It would be creating an entirely new copy of WoW from scratch.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-07-20 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I haven't seen that one, but I have seen the Westfall one. They're both beautiful. But you wouldn't just be transplanting the game's info to a new engine like some people seem to believe. I seem comments like "Why doesn't Blizz just move WoW to a new engine, it's so easy the only possible reason they don't is "they don't care anymore/they're lazy/they suck/insert insult here). It would be creating an entirely new copy of WoW from scratch.
    At the same time the name just drives me nuts.... World of Warcraft 2.... I mean have some originality, World of Warcaft: Reawakened or something, or copy Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft: Reborn. World of Warcraft 2 sounds tired.
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

Not really, corporate approach is at fault. "If its not broken lets not touch it". Heard that so many times while working on spaghetti code.

Even if in the long run it would save them a massive amount of work (and money). Because they are scared that people will not like it and leave.
    If they would change engine around WoD it would save them about 30% of money by now. The longer they work on old code the more money they loose trying to implement new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think that they're focusing too much on the pointless content, such as islands, useless holidays, warfronts etc.

I don't know statistics, but for me they shouldn't waste their resources on things that no one care about.

I'm not saying that no one does islands/warfronts, but that they're taking too much time. Islands are used mostly for collection items/levelling, I'd rather see them adding a new pets/mounts for dungeons/raids and fix up levelling. Same thing about warfronts, people are doing them for free items - I'd rather see them raising WQ ilvl cap or whatever.
    I'm pretty sure the amount of time wasted for warfronts were inappropriate to the rewards.
    Disagree.sir

Most likely not a popular opinion but;

Remove forced CRZ , sharding. Only to be used for a limited time when expansions launch
    Connect more realms together
    Remove TF/WF, AP gear and grinds
    Redo classes and remove GCD(MoP class design was mostly good)
    Remove rep gate on allied races
    Bring back hub style daily quests with and reduce WQ's
    Bring back raid class sets
    Bring back dungeon sets
    Remove shop mounts and pets
    Remove all gated content
    Add more dungeons, like we had in TBC and WotLK

This is a good start but what would be a good bonus is Thanos A$$tivision!

Edit:
    Hire people who have a passion about making games, like Blizzard to be "A company of gamers making games for gamers"
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2019-07-21 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Most likely not a popular opinion but;

Remove forced CRZ , sharding. Only to be used for a limited time when expansions launch
    Connect more realms together
    Remove TF/WF, AP gear and grinds
    Redo classes and remove GCD(MoP class design was mostly good)
    Remove rep gate on allied races
    Bring back hub style daily quests with and reduce WQ's
    Bring back raid class sets
    Bring back dungeon sets
    Remove shop mounts and pets
    Remove all gated content
    Add more dungeons, like we had in TBC and WotLK

This is a good start but what would be a good bonus is Thanos A$$tivision!
    That would kill WoW quicker than turning off servers.

1. We would be back at point where overpopulated servers had severe lags.
    2. Would make things even worse
    3. So once content its done, time to play another game, zero replayability whatsoever
    4. Would turn classes in one button macro machines
    5. -
    6. Only visuals, tier sets were garbage
    7. Ok
    8. Cause you can't live without having them all?
    9. Then throw everything at us at start so we can burn out faster, complain on forums there is too much too do and eventually play something else?
    10. The only truly valid point in here

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    1. We would be back at point where overpopulated servers had severe lags.
    In mop times the servers could handle multiple 40 man raids throwing their faces at Oondasta and Sha just fine. I wonder what happened that nowadays the whole realm crashes at only 40v40 man pvp situation.

I am someone who tries to be fair with the game, so I don't expect content that can stay fresh and new for long months, but the cost cutting is so glaring it hits you in the face. And I guess you (I mean we as players) can't fight with cost cutting...
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-07-21 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Do you think the solution to WoWs current problem is to cut back on what the game currently have to make it fresh,interesting and new?

Prune this. Squish that. Remove those?
    No, they should improve upon what they have instead of just deleting what isn't working.

An example i thought of recently is Archaeology and how in WoD it had some treasures in spires of arak linked to it. The concept of put a stick in the ground, move towards arrow, put another stick in ground and repeat for fragments, then combine fragments together and put more sticks in the ground just seems lazy and boring. What they could opt for instead is to link Archaeology with treasures around the world, which would add more interest and still makes sense. At the moment treasures in legion/bfa just seem like pointless extra content that rarely anyone will opt to do, while in WoD they had meaning due to the massive XP gains. It might even make more sense to link pathfinder/flying to a revamped Archaeology through similar means.

I'm sure there's other concepts that could be improved upon or implemented better, and everyone will have differing opinions about what is good and bad content, but there's definitely no need to just scrap content that Blizzard has spent time and money on.

When they scrap content we get content-drought expansions like WoD.
    Last edited by siskokid21; 2019-07-21 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post

When they scrap content we get content-drought expansions like WoD.
    WoD was the last decent expansion, though. The closest it got to content drought was the wait between raid tiers. I'm still not done with some of the content from WoD, and I had enough time to play back then that I had 20x100 for that sweet sweet garrison.

And from someone who played too much back then: if you think you finished all of the content from WoD between each patch, you didn't. Not wanting to do something isn't the same as it not being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    WoD was the last decent expansion, though. The closest it got to content drought was the wait between raid tiers. I'm still not done with some of the content from WoD, and I had enough time to play back then that I had 20x100 for that sweet sweet garrison.

And from someone who played too much back then: if you think you finished all of the content from WoD between each patch, you didn't. Not wanting to do something isn't the same as it not being there.
    They literally released the selfie camera and twitter integration as a major content patch. They scrapped the new epic BGs, endgame zones, and half of the lore. They even scrapped a raid and retconned hellfire citadel last second, and just threw grommash hellscrem in there as the hero without explaining anything about what was going on. The content WoD had was great, don't get me wrong, but it definitely has far less content than any other expansion to date. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rds-of-Draenor

There was so much scrapped content in WoD, it's a shame that we spent 14 months in siege of orgrimmar for a watered down version of what could have been a great expansion.

You may have a different opinion than me, but TBC >= wotlk > Legion >= MoP > Cata >= BFA > WoD is how i would rate things. (with BFA still having potential, as legion had a very bad start, but ended as one of the better expansions.)
    Last edited by siskokid21; 2019-07-21 at 07:22 AM.