Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To add to this, Germany isn't being naive. The Chancellor said in an interview today that there is strong evidence. Just not enough to warrant action. But definitely enough to warrant looking into it, if only to find out the whodunit in the first place and then action an appropriate response. That is a reasonable reaction. Not calling for war instantly. See, what gets me suspicious isn't even the lack of evidence. It's that I almost heard Trump's call for war before I heard there was something going on with tankers in the strait... I mean, at least pretend you're looking at evidence and give it a day.

No, actually, he send a carrier back to the Gulf a week before this conveniently happened, didn't he? Or something... I don't remember exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

And also, the UK consists of four nations. All of which have done what we'd call terrorism today at some point in history. I mean, nobody's innocent in that department. It's only last century that we decided terror wasn't a legit weapon in warfare.
    A carrier is in the 5th Fleet more often than not actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    He did. But before he said so, Bolton said he had "intelligence" it was 100% an iranian mine...now Bolton looks stupid.

Bolton probably got a small dick, always want to invade something...

Flying object? Missile? Artillery? Before I heard I assumed this was some terrorist attack like usss cole from 2000
    There is the possibility that both statements are correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    There is the possibility that both statements are correct.
    Flying mines? And how did they deliver those? With a space ship?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Flying mines? And how did they deliver those? With a space ship?
    You really need to think things through a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If we have to condemn every nation that has ties to or supported terrorism at one point, you're going to have a pretty long list.

Not even sure what point is being made with focussing blindly on just that.
    you can start with the USA or saudi arabia in that case

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    A carrier is in the 5th Fleet more often than not actually.
    Yeah, but he sent something back that was supposed to go home... unless I'm misremembering dramatically.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So arent bombs like these supposed to be placed below the waterline?

And Germany is right imho.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-06-19 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    They share a land border with Ireland.
    England has no right to occupy northern Ireland.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    England has no right to occupy northern Ireland.
    Northern Ireland is not occupied by England. It's a country within the UK. And the GFA gives them the choice of leaving the UK. They continually elect not to do so.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Northern Ireland is not occupied by England. It's a country within the UK. And the GFA gives them the choice of leaving the UK. They continually elect not to do so.
    It's English protestant invaders who votes for northern Ireland to remain in the UK.

Ireland is a catholic country.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not go to war with Mexico instead?

They have no nukes that they can launch at US soil and there is land to be grabbed.

Fallout 3 is in America's future... it only went ahead closer in time than predicted by the game developers.
    Last edited by Amalaric; 2019-06-19 at 11:30 AM.

It's English protestant invaders who votes for northern Ireland to remain in the UK.

That's one opinion, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So arent bombs like these supposed to be placed below the waterline?

And Germany is right imho.
    I think the claim is that they technically can be placed anywhere, but the way they're usually deployed is via divers who covertly swim under a ship and place it there. The argument here is that a ship came and placed it directly on the side, but this seems strangely risky when the US claims that the group that did it was firing missiles at drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I think the claim is that they technically can be placed anywhere, but the way they're usually deployed is via divers who covertly swim under a ship and place it there. The argument here is that a ship came and placed it directly on the side, but this seems strangely risky when the US claims that the group that did it was firing missiles at drones.
    If you want to damage the ship then the lower the mine is placed the bigger the effect will be.
    If you want to have it burn and use it for propaganda pictures then you'd like to place them above the water line to avoid sinking the ship before you get around to taking pictures, because being around waiting and all set to take pictures even before anything happens is a bit too suspicious.

5+ Year Old Account
    There was some other attack just a few weeks ago against a ship, US blamed it on Iran.

Even if it were them doing it for no apparent logical reason.. Why do it again to provoce Bolton to get his beloved war?

If Iran wanted to bring down ships, trust me they have shitloads missiles to sink most ships in their vacinity..
    If they wanted to halt traffic, they could, this is nothing which makes u wonder why someone would even bother with such a small scale operation..

This must be the Saudis involved, they hate Iran more than they hate the jews, n they really hate jews..

Yeah, but he sent something back that was supposed to go home... unless I'm misremembering dramatically.
    You're misremembering. The US Navy kept a Carrier in the Gulf almost without pause since 1991, until a few years back, when years of deferred maintinence, the delay of the introduction of the USS Gerald Ford, and greater concern in having carriers in the European region and Pacific region started to have carriers be in the Gulf far more rarely.

The Carrier in question was sent through the medditerrainian, into the Gulf, as part of its deployment.

But really, this is all a testament to the statement that the US operates a 14 carrier deterrence policy with a 10+1 carrier fleet.

More recently, the US has also been using Amphibious Assault Ships as standin for carriers when we need to do some old fashioned power projection.

Did you know that you are not allowed to partake in boycotts of Israeli products if you are an American citizen?

Yep it's now against the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not go to war with Mexico instead?

They have no nukes that they can launch at US soil and there is land to be grabbed.

Fallout 3 is in America's future... it only went ahead closer in time than predicted by the game developers.
    If Fallout 3 is in America's future, then the surface of Venus is in Sweden's.

In World War III, America will be able to knock out of the intercontinental Russian warheads aimed at us. Not all, but most. Europe though? Russia has way more short and medium range missiles than the west as means to shoot them down. Most will hit, and effectively wipe out European civilization.

You die in the heat, radiation and energy from detonations, or you die when the fallout clouds migrate northward and your become irradiated or choke to death from the dust clouds that will form when an entire continent is literally on fire. Either way your hard right wing rants will be for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

In World War III, America will be able to knock out of the intercontinental Russian warheads aimed at us. Not all, but most. Europe though? Russia has way more short and medium range missiles than the west as means to shoot them down. Most will hit, and effectively wipe out European civilization.

You die in the heat, radiation and energy from detonations, or you die when the fallout clouds migrate northward and your become irradiated or choke to death from the dust clouds that will form when an entire continent is literally on fire. Either way your hard right wing rants will be for nothing.
    It will be Iran who brings the nuclear apocalypse to America.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

It can happen here!

So let's nuke em first!

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd post the cold war poster Skroe was cloned from.

It will be Iran who brings the nuclear apocalypse to America.
    If Iran were to fire a missile at a range greater than a few hundred miles, it's accuracy is on the order of missing by several countries worth of distance.
    In short, were they to have a a missile capable of reaching America, it'll probably land in the Mid Atlantic, or some empty field somewhere.