Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Oh look, the 7600k is still the best chip in gaming. Again, why does more core counts matter if performance doesn't follow suit? This is LITERALLY the point you're trying to say makes no sense in my argument, and here you are making the same argument, but for 2 generation old hardware
    More cores DO matter to a point, there are games today that run better on the 1600 than the 7600k because of patches, and this is only going to get worse for 4c/4t chips as time progresses. Again we are only at the two year mark for 7600k vs ryzen 1600, its going to continue to look very poorly for 7600k gamers as we hit the 5 year mark. The reason intel now gets my vote is because they have finally adopted 6c chips in the i5 lineup, its a HUGE boost for not only many new games but gaming+doing anything else on your pc. In 2017 i knew 4c4t chips were dead when i saw overwatch eating 100% of my 2500k's resources, a mainstream game doing this meant it was all but over for these ancient chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    How the normal, mainstream buy computers:
    step 0: ask the techie in their family/friends for help
    step 0.5: immediately forget what they were recommended
    step 1: go to the local store and say "I NEED PC, GIEB PLEZ"
    step 2: sales person points at newest and shiniest and says "Is shiney, is gud"
    step 3: pay
    bonus step: Tell techie what happened, techie proceeds to feel great shame

The mainstream buyer doesn't see "Oh, but this one does about the same in reviews and it's 50 dollars cheaper, I should go with that". They see "Oooh, new and shiney and higher numbers, must be better!"
    Sounds like my sister.
    She was about to buy herself a laptop with a generation or 2 old Pentium\Celeron garbage 2core, 4gb ram and 128gb storage. Managed to get her an i5 8265u laptop with 8gb ram + 512gb SSD, which was only like 40 bucks more expensive than the crap she was about to buy. (on sale ofc)