Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    If you played prenerfed uunat and uunat after nerfs, you would know what I mean by "giga nerfs".
    And if you played pre-nerf Jaina and current one, you'd know what *I* mean by "giga nerfs". Because these happen to include gear as well as actual nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    I mean try to talk it down all you want, but I feel Blizzard hit their target audience pretty perfect on this. Just because people can't do the raid doesn't mean the raid is bad.
    My point was that just because something is intended, that doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake. It just means they made the mistake with deliberation rather than accidentally.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'd imagine CoS is viewed in the same light as Ruby Sanctum and that's why people nope out of doing it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So last night we finally got our mythic Jaina kill. Pretty excited about it and all. But someone mentioned casually, "ok, mythic CoS now".

And pretty much the entire raid said nope, fuck that shit, we're just reclearing BoD and waiting for 8.2. I mean 19 other mythic level raiders who are as of less night in the top 500 guilds for the US on BoD literally noped out of CoS and have no intention of ever touching that raid.

Has Blizzard finally overturned a raid to such a degree (initially) that it's discouraging people from even making the attempt? I kind of feel if they don't get their raid testing teams up to snuff this could really hurt the mythic raiding scene :/
    The tuning of CoS is a problem, the lack of a gear carrot for many is a problem, Uldir and BoD were both lack luster mythic raids and people are burnt out on mythic over all. Mix in how easily you can just do mythic + and get as good or better gear and people are just fed up. You also have things like the top trinkets for many coming from WQ so you need some TF magic to happen and once again more fuel for the burnout fire.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    My Guild is the same. we killed jaina about 6 weeks ago and decided that the new raid is way too shit, require mainly casters etc and is a pain in the ass that tastes bland.

So we are not doing it. It is the worse raid ever in wow.
    At least you know your limitations. In times gone by guilds would have killed for the prestige and not the gear. Now guilds will only attempt raids if they are easy and blame developers for releasing content that is 'too hard'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

So last night we finally got our mythic Jaina kill. Pretty excited about it and all. But someone mentioned casually, "ok, mythic CoS now".

And pretty much the entire raid said nope, fuck that shit, we're just reclearing BoD and waiting for 8.2. I mean 19 other mythic level raiders who are as of less night in the top 500 guilds for the US on BoD literally noped out of CoS and have no intention of ever touching that raid.

Has Blizzard finally overturned a raid to such a degree (initially) that it's discouraging people from even making the attempt? I kind of feel if they don't get their raid testing teams up to snuff this could really hurt the mythic raiding scene :/
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......... Someone clearly didn't do Sunwell before the nerfs...
    Last edited by Ehrenpanzer; 2019-06-17 at 10:36 PM. Reason: teh spellingz

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    At least you know your limitations. In times gone by guilds would have killed for the prestige and not the gear. Now guilds will only attempt raids if they are easy and blame developers for releasing content that is 'too hard'.
    In times gone by guilds would have done it to not be seen to be weaker than other guilds.

But if enough guilds say "nope", that peer pressure breaks down. The disinterest becomes self-reinforcing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......... Someone clearly didn't do Sunwell before the nerfs...
    So to interpret your post, I'm assuming you mean that blizzard has always designed raids of a difficulty level that discourages people from playing the raids.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

So to interpret your post, I'm assuming you mean that blizzard has always designed raids of a difficulty level that discourages people from playing the raids.
    It's interesting to speculate why they're doing that now. One reason might be they see the game doing so poorly that they figure they have nothing to lose designing the raids now as they personally want them to be. It may be their last chance.

CoS just actually has 2 difficult bosses on mythic. People are still trying to kill cabal, lots of guilds are. It's just not that simple. Uwunat on mythic is a really fun fight, extremely well done, the pacing is perfect. It takes roughly 12 minutes to kill but feels like a 6 minute fight. One of the best mythic bosses i've done to date.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Did you read what I wrote? or did you read what you wanted to read?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    What if I did and I still consider CoS to be a failure? At very least, Sunwell offered good rewards that were not available anywhere else, including mixing up your set bonuses and crafting some decent items from raid drops. There was an actual power increase throughout the instance and you could compensate for inferior gear using demonslaying elixirs/scrolls. Mu'ru wipes were more about fine tuning the dps between adds and boss rather than stacking everything like crazy and hoping it was enough.

The place was also cleared without any nerfs (or at least not official ones) - even Mu'ru died before his laser pushbacks, I think? It did require class stacking, but thanks to the idiocy of Bloodlust/Heroism, rather than actual boss design. If it was designed like CoS, KJ would probably be impossible without >5 glaives and mass immunities for adds. And praying you didn't get warrior clones or whatever else used to be most nasty at that time.

So, nice try, but that's a lot of capslock wasted for something that's wrong.

I lost interest in mythic raiding. For me it just became about "look I did it" and that just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Specifically now that the format seems to be 7-9 easy bosses then 1-2 monster wall bosses. Really just makes it to where I end up 2/3rds, if not more, of progression on that last boss only and its draining. Gearing isn't very interesting as you grind it out either. So much loot drops per kill and top that off with coins and mythic plus grind you are pretty much kitted out 3-4 weeks in and just praying for massive forges or that one piece you are missing that no one ever gets for whatever reason. The only thing that really keeps the guild around is the friendships but at this point most people on the team have lost interest.

No, but they are nerfing the raids to encourage people to actually try them which creates the problem.

You have a few people crying "Dont nerf the boss i havent killed it" and the majority saying to themselves "Nerf the damn boss cause my guild is bad but i like them so i am staying here".

That creates two problems:

1)Guilds that kill things they shouldnt be killing which is not really a problem , they deserve to have fun, but it causes 2.

2)Delusional raiders that are getting carried by item level + nerfs, that overestimate themselves, very few of them live in the reality.

But those few that live in reality dont wanna spend a month to get items that are gonna get outgeared in the following month because half their raiders cant dispel on time.

And you obviously get that happening with bonus raids like ToV and CoS where the content is not "worth it".

And since 90/100 "Mythic" raiders are lying that they raid Mythic for the content since its just about gear..well you get the rest.

Casuals don't understand mythic raiding. You don't raid for loot per se but loot is a deciding factor in whether you should sink hours upon hours into clearing content or not. Why waste time on Cabal and Uu'nat for shit loot when you can easily farm BoD for sick TF procs and go into Eternal Palace with better gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Casuals don't understand mythic raiding. You don't raid for loot per se but loot is a deciding factor in whether you should sink hours upon hours into clearing content or not. Why waste time on Cabal and Uu'nat for shit loot when you can easily farm BoD for sick TF procs and go into Eternal Palace with better gear?
    It goes beyond that I believe. There's mythic guilds that do mythic SOLEY for loot, and then there are mythic guilds that care only about the rankings (which loot obviously helps with). COS is meant for the 2nd group.

My guild just killed it last week as well and there's no way in hell we would even think about doing CoS.

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    I mean try to talk it down all you want, but I feel Blizzard hit their target audience pretty perfect on this. Just because people can't do the raid doesn't mean the raid is bad.
    Making content for around 3000 people out of few millions playerbase is bad. The only people who "enjoyed" it are maybe top 120-150 guilds assuming all of them did and didn't just grit their teeth though it because they care about world ranks more than enjoyment. Not even mentioning these top guilds that had to skip it because of mdi timing or because they had to save all their time off for 8.2 race.

I thought after vanilla and tbc they stopped with the mentality of making raids for 0.1% of the playerbase. That was over 10 years ago.

CoS should have been like Ruby Sanctum in Wrath. A short challenging raid at the end of the expansion. Not something crammed in between tiers when plenty of guilds had yet to finish the main raid.

The only upside of CoS is it has the best DPS Tank trinket. Lurkers Insidious Gift gives so much extra burst, that I'm glad I got it before my raid gave up in doing CoS.