Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    CoS sucks. the bosses share abilities. if this is the quality of micro raids that we are going to get then i'd rather have a content drought. OH WAIT...

make a couple harder dungeons next time instead of a 2 boss shitter raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Imagine calling yourself a mythic raider and you just killed Jaina.
    imagine saying imagine in front of everything because you still think its cool.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well, at least top guilds did it while undergeared, making up for it with ridiculous class stacking. Meanwhile, everyone else went there with 10 more item levels and ... oh wait.
    What? Undergeared? They had same ilvl if not higher. There's no gear upgrades happening in CoS...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    What? Undergeared? They had same ilvl if not higher. There's no gear upgrades happening in CoS...
    That can't possibly be true - after all, some people are claiming this fight is now totally trivialized by nerfs. And seeing how the actual in game changes were rather tame, it must have been gear. What other option could there be, people lying about the difficulty?

It's a two boss raid, so what if it takes a little longer.

My old raider who's never been above a WR 300 joined a world 200 guild or so, they ended up getting top 100 on cabal and then eventually unnat, i feel like the real challenge is getting guilds to actually attempt the bosses/raid on mythic, His old guild wouldn't even touch the raid.

There voice coms are a complete shit show too, there are quite a few guilds jumping alotta ranks because so few guilds are actually trying to clear the raid.

Nothing about CoS is interesting or fun. I expected to enjoy it like the similarly set-up Gruul's Lair, but i did not. The fights are just painful to experience. Did it once on normal, neva goin back.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So last night we finally got our mythic Jaina kill. Pretty excited about it and all. But someone mentioned casually, "ok, mythic CoS now".

And pretty much the entire raid said nope, fuck that shit, we're just reclearing BoD and waiting for 8.2. I mean 19 other mythic level raiders who are as of less night in the top 500 guilds for the US on BoD literally noped out of CoS and have no intention of ever touching that raid.

Has Blizzard finally overturned a raid to such a degree (initially) that it's discouraging people from even making the attempt? I kind of feel if they don't get their raid testing teams up to snuff this could really hurt the mythic raiding scene :/
    CoS Mythic was designed for the elite Cutting Edge players. It was a hold over until 8.2, that's all. It was the exact same thing for ToV
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

It depends on each guild.

As someone said, some guilds are attempting and getting kills, the majority isnt.

They arent because they saw the fight through the world first people (even if nerfed) and they dont wanna bother cause they are realistic.

If they wiped 250 times to get Jaina down with +10-15 item levels above the world first and quadriple nerfs, why would they bother with something that required a world first guild 900 tries?

At least thats what i believe is the mentality or generally the "Yeah we wiped 150 times extra cause <insert 5 names> couldnt even do X boss, like hell i am gonna tryhard at CoS".

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Also I appreciate all the responses. Though I didn't really expect the toxicity from the uber tryhards who want to claim it's a skill issue or we're not good enough blah blah.

Like jesus, I'm so sorry that we killed mythic jaina late. So Sorry for offending you obviously superior players. Get over yourselves.
    This is a textbook example of how you turn a thread from agreeing with you to hating you. Looking at all of the responses prior to this one there are no toxicity going on whatsoever. There are a few off-topic responses, some that agree and some that point out (correctly I might add) that your guild is not the target audience for CoS Mythic. The bosses were initially a bit overtuned for what difficulty they were supposed to be at, but not to the point where a good mythic raiding guild won’t be able to clear it in time before the new raid.

I am not in any way shape or form toxic when I say this, but if your first raid in BoD was the first week it released you have progressed at an unbelieveably slow rate even if you only raid 2 days per week.

There is nothing wrong with not being the target audience for certain content, so why do you get so offended when someone points it out to you?

Uu'nat is stupidly overtuned, even on Heroic. On top of that the gear is going to be trash in a few weeks.

Very definition of a filler raid, just like TOV in Legion. Only difference is, Helya was a lot more fun.

It's just COS. lot of guilds are just skipping it.
    Hi Sephurik

I don't think that statement can be made broadly. There's a threshhold for every player.

I currently view mythic raiding way overtuned. Some fights seem to boil down to waiting for that pull when someone doesn't fuck up. So it's like everyone is human and makes mistakes, but 19 others can do things perfectly. But then the guy or girl who made the mistake before, does it perfectly this time but now someone else made a mistake.

And the way the mechanics work, Mythic raiding just to me feels more and more like dance choreography and not like a group of adventurers out reacting to a hostile world. I'd rather more random stuff and not perfectly designed raids.

Why even bother raiding (only if u cared about ATOC HURR HERRP HURR IMPORTANT DURHHHUHU) while mythic+ is more rewarding than that?

Totally, we cleared it once on HC, never stepped back there in that worthless hellhole of a "raid", only thing I feel bad for is that the guys that didnt join on the clear, will not get Curve as NOONE cba to do that shitplace again!

Grats on the kill. I find it ok for there to be hard content but sometimes what is considered to be hard baffles me. This is a game after all, something you would play "in your free time".... But having bosses to be designed around people that have the time, skill and resources to commit 600+ pulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Kief View Post
    This is a textbook example of how you turn a thread from agreeing with you to hating you. Looking at all of the responses prior to this one there are no toxicity going on whatsoever. There are a few off-topic responses, some that agree and some that point out (correctly I might add) that your guild is not the target audience for CoS Mythic. The bosses were initially a bit overtuned for what difficulty they were supposed to be at, but not to the point where a good mythic raiding guild won’t be able to clear it in time before the new raid.

I am not in any way shape or form toxic when I say this, but if your first raid in BoD was the first week it released you have progressed at an unbelieveably slow rate even if you only raid 2 days per week.

There is nothing wrong with not being the target audience for certain content, so why do you get so offended when someone points it out to you?
    It's fairly difficult not to be an asshole in situations like this. But I pretty clearly said, that accusing a guild of lack of skill or not being good enough is toxic. Especially when the surrounding details of the guild aren't known. Nobody knows when the guild started raiding, they don't know if the hardest boss all tier was the roster boss. Literally the first thing some of the more toxic people jump to here is, it's a skill issue you're not good enough.

Whereas the vast majority of posters here have a bit more positive outlook, or agree with my original post, and if they don't agree they still don't accuse us of lack of skill. . And if everyone can't read and as a result decides to turn against the original post than I could give a damn, but the vast majority of people here appear to be able to read and have apparently no problem with what I said.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    "Waiter! This soup smells like raw sewage."

"Sir, the target audience for the soup is people who LIKE the smell of raw sewage."

"Oh, I guess that's ok then."
    I mean try to talk it down all you want, but I feel Blizzard hit their target audience pretty perfect on this. Just because people can't do the raid doesn't mean the raid is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    "Waiter! This soup smells like raw sewage."

"Sir, the target audience for the soup is people who LIKE the smell of raw sewage."

"Oh, I guess that's ok then."
    More like going to a restaurant that specializes in lamb innards, storming out after you read the menu and setting up camp outside the establishment and yelling to passers-by that this restaurant SUCKS because they are trying to feed you lamb innards, and trying to make the restaurant change its menu to steak and chicken because that's what you ate last week.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    That's why all top guilds spent over 200 pulls on Cabal (talking about Pieces, Limit, Method etc), right?
    Over 200 pulls by top guilds on the boss that was supposed to be equal to Rasta/Mekka difficulty (30-100 pulls)...

And 600-800 pulls on uunat that supposed to be equal to jaina (300-400 pulls).

600-800 pulls for top guilds may be nothing, but for any regular mythic guild this is months of progress...
    Yes, top guilds had to make tactics for it. So it took more pull from them than guys who just take their tactics. Uunat is no where near 600 pulls now, 200-300 would be closer when you got tactics ready and boss is giga nerfed. People are just getting scared about top 5 guilds pull count when for normal mythic raider pull counts are no where near the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    Yes, top guilds had to make tactics for it. So it took more pull from them than guys who just take their tactics. Uunat is no where near 600 pulls now, 200-300 would be closer when you got tactics ready and boss is giga nerfed. People are just getting scared about top 5 guilds pull count when for normal mythic raider pull counts are no where near the same.
    You're missing the fact the end bosses usually get "giga nerfed" by people having better gear than world first guilds, *in addition* to actual nerfs. Here, we only got the hotfixes, but gear remained the same. That and "lesser guilds" have far less class stacking ability than the top ones.

Not to mention that "giga nerf" in itself is a very subjective term. Compared to his initial form, this might be true. But considering that he didn't even die before getting multiple nerfs... it's not so "giga" anymore.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-06-17 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You're missing the fact the end bosses usually get "giga nerfed" by people having better gear than world first guilds, *in addition* to actual nerfs. Here, we only got the hotfixes, but gear remained the same. That and "lesser guilds" have far less class stacking ability than the top ones.

Not to mention that "giga nerf" in itself is a very subjective term. Compared to his initial form, this might be true. But considering that he didn't even die before getting multiple nerfs... it's not so "giga" anymore.
    If you played prenerfed uunat and uunat after nerfs, you would know what I mean by "giga nerfs".