Poll: Who is more trustworthy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Associated Press https://www.ap.org/en-us/

Reuters https://www.reuters.com/

Both of these news sites have extremely accurate and mostly unbiased news. They are very trustworthy but not perfect.

Why are they so good? Both sell their news stories to hundreds of newspapers and TV news sites around the world. The more bias they remove, the easier it is to sell their stories.

And they have to protect their rep, it's valuable to them.

I don't find Fox or CNN all that trustworthy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Fox News. The fake news meme wasn't a lie. CNN has been faking news for quite sometime.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    wonder how stats would look like from 2016 until now for obvious reason

CNN really uped their bullshit game since Donny was elected
    Sorry. but it's still pretty much the same.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/cnn/
    https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

Just because you suck Trumps teat doesn't mean CNN is lying about him.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yeah, well they play fast because of the nature of the business, they are all slugging it out for money, that is no way an excuse. Journalism is dying because it isn't sexy. People don't want to be informed, they want to be entertained and told fairy tales.
    Last time i watched it was about the helicopter crash in NY. They were far more careful about that reporting so i do believe they learned from the past.

People do want to be informed, but as some philosophers predicted our access to more information did not make us more informed it simply made it harder for us to be correctly informed. To be fully informed you need to spend quite a bit of time in today's world and that's the one thing we don't have in abundance any more in this world were everything has to go and become faster.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    All that really says is Americans wrongfully trust Fox.
    You are helping to prove my point of how Fox News is not going to be very popular or trustworthy on this forum.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You are helping to prove my point of how Fox News is not going to be very popular or trustworthy on this forum.
    "Rather than ranking their favorite news sources, the survey asked 4,012 viewers how much they trusted broadcast and cable TV news sources that they watched three or more times per week."

So the people that really love these news sources (and only the ones watching them on TV read: old people) rate them.

I'm sure if you asked people in the 70's in the Soviet Union who watched Vremya on TV three times a week if Vremya was trustworthy they'd say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It's okay we are all aware that you are scared to step outside that bubble, a bubble of fear and anger created by the media channels you trust blindly.

But i get it, in between supporting kiddy fiddlers, abusing women and coloured people it's hard to find the time to inform yourself.

neither both are misleading when it comes to their reporting. Only report half a story or only taking certain angles on a story.

Fox's opinion shows like Ingraham, Hannity, and Tucker are biased but they don't claim to be neutral. All of CNN's coverage is biased but Fox's actual news programs like Bret Baier, Chris Wallace, and Shepherd Smith are usually pretty impartial.

That's the problem with asking which is more trustworthy, as opposed to asking which is more accurate. People have no problem trusting biased sources that lie to them. They trust that a specific company will only tell them what they want to hear, and not the actual news in an unvarnished fashion. In the end, it can just become a popularity contest. The question itself doesn't actually help much. If the last three years have proven anything, is that people love trusting lies and misinformation.

I don't trust either. That being said, i don't even consider Fox to be an actual news source. It's the public relations arm of the GOP, and has been since most of the people on these forums have been alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Fox News. The fake news meme wasn't a lie. CNN has been faking news for quite sometime.
    Do you have any evidence of that?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    "Rather than ranking their favorite news sources, the survey asked 4,012 viewers how much they trusted broadcast and cable TV news sources that they watched three or more times per week."

So the people that really love these news sources (and only the ones watching them on TV read: old people) rate them.

I'm sure if you asked people in the 70's in the Soviet Union who watched Vremya on TV three times a week if Vremya was trustworthy they'd say yes.
    Well, Fox News has outscored CNN by far for several years by various different polls and research sources. This was the most recent I could find without spending a lot of time looking.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Fox no contest.
    Also a really big lol@people here who don't watch Fox but think they know what it shows.
    As an Australian that watches both, CNN is just pathetic now. May as well be establishment owned like many other news outlets in the world.

The ratings speak for themselves lets be honest, and CNN relies on them being in airports, public spaces etc even
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

10+ Year Old Account
    None to me. There are other news sources that are more trust worthy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You left out the correct answer.

Neither

CNN is mostly right because they are pressed to be "right" since the mess in irak. If not, it would be the same alternate reality on heroin than fox news.

Its fox news by far. The reason is simple, if a day like 9/11 happens fox is actually really good at the hard journalism side of a story. Political commentary is a wash.

CNN might put a twist on a story to make it more anti-trump... but Fox will either just completely ignore the story or straight up back Trump up on his blatant lies.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    Fox no contest.
    Also a really big lol@people here who don't watch Fox but think they know what it shows.
    As an Australian that watches both, CNN is just pathetic now. May as well be establishment owned like many other news outlets in the world.

The ratings speak for themselves lets be honest, and CNN relies on them being in airports, public spaces etc even
    Baywatch is one of the most watched television shows in history. That doesn't make it quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    that's like asking if you want to eat shit or drink piss..who the fuck wants to answer that.
    i agree and its the same with the uk news stations,there increasingly have there own agendas,and its so obvious,i barely watch any news now.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Here we go, another circle jerk.
    Yep. 10chars