Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    dude all healers are essentially clickers, if i had 10 heals and 25 ppl to heal, i'd need 250 separate keybinds to not be a 'clicker'.
    it implies a lack of knowledge of how to play teh game properly lol

yes you could certainly pve as a clicker pretty close to ceiling for many classes

but have fun as a raid of clickers trying to get to raid with buffs while an alliance 40 man is camping the mountain...hahah

And no you wouldn't...Just bind all your heals except the instants. Only instants need to be click casted and you can stop cast better that way anyway...Although idk how stop cast will work on this abomination of a client we will play on

And yea target with your mouse....
    Last edited by Mukind; 2019-07-21 at 09:34 PM.

I've always used heal bot, in classic I used, benecast? i think i was probably a precusor to addons like healbot, and vuhdoo and others. there wasn't a real huge diversity in what was actually possible, I do remember at one point they deliberately broke decursive and then it worked again. or i'm not sure but yeah ct_raid was quite popular but i don't think you could setup mouse over. I'm quite traditional, it took me a while to move to autotarget but thats how I play alt/shift/ctrl modifiers and right/left click. these days theres more muscle memory, i haven't been playing for a several month though.

for a while i had raidframes for targets and healbot for direct healing, it worked well for me throughout tbc/wrath eventually I didn't need seperate target frames and got used to having left click be auto target + flash but it requires mini stopcasts shifting constantly if you don't want to cast flash but you do want to target that person.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-07-21 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I've always used heal bot, in classic I used, benecast? i think i was probably a precusor to addons like healbot, and vuhdoo and others. there wasn't a real huge diversity in what was actually possible, I do remember at one point they deliberately broke decursive and then it worked again. or i'm not sure but yeah ct_raid was quite popular but i don't think you could setup mouse over. I'm quite traditional, it took me a while to move to autotarget but thats how I play alt/shift/ctrl modifiers and right/left click. these days theres more muscle memory, i haven't been playing for a several month though.

for a while i had raidframes for targets and healbot for direct healing, it worked well for me throughout tbc/wrath eventually I didn't need seperate target frames and got used to having left click be auto target + flash but it requires mini stopcasts shifting constantly if you don't want to cast flash but you do want to target that person.
    idk how it worked in retail...but it seems it will work in classic either way.

all i'm saying is we all started somewhere, I never bothered to learn mouse over either targeting or casting i didn't think it would work that well for me. but there are still a lot of folks who click and not all of them are terrible.

I feel like there was a limit to apm anyway, the gcd didn't really change it wasn't as variable as it is today. there wasn't enough haste to really drastically alter your cast times. sure there are abilities that effect haste but gear wise nothing much perhaps until the end and t3. i don't think ppl are going to squeeze a whole lot more efficiency out of the game, less lag and better frame rates won't really change the actual pace and ofc thing like aggro limitations mean that even if you can mash buttons a tiny bit faster these days you're still gunna end up having to hold back and not cause a wipe or just pull aggro and die yourself. i wouldn't say my apm was great in classic, i don't think it was really spammy, at least compared to tbc where it was more frantic for healing. spamming flash heals and having a much higher apm. it became more important but i don't think it was for me in the beginning. if i just spam healed and went oom that didn't really help anyone. if you had to you could ofc but i think you need to know your innervate limits. not just put yourself into a 1 minute wand off.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-07-22 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    didn't know what was?

I've raided with the literal best people on these servers....

Do you mean vanilla/ The clickers? Who cares? lol

Again you seem to think some plebs matter.
    Well for starters clearing naxx in vanilla is a much greater accomplishment then doing it on the private servers lol. That being said I doubt Nihilium had many clickers.

But I'm referring to fury tanking, which you didn't understand despite playing with the best people on the servers lol. I'm guessing that statement was supposed to impress me, right? lol

Alliance has paladins.

Alliance has dwarf priests with fear ward.

The major raiding guilds will be primarily Alliance, same as it was in vanilla, if people are as obsessed with min maxing as they were then. However, since no one is racing towards endgame and "world firsts" of old content that already have world firsts, this won't be something people really care about.

However, the raid guilds will still be mainly Alliance for one reason and one reason alone: Horde doesn't have blood elves.

Welcome to classic.

Back in my server, Burning Legion EU, alliance always dominated pvp. We would almost always lose. I never guessed it could be something technical but just horde being noobs. I was a tauren warrior. This time too, I do not expect a different outcome. Though, I will be using OCE servers now. Let's see how OCE hordies. Maybe it was something regional.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Well for starters clearing naxx in vanilla is a much greater accomplishment then doing it on the private servers lol. That being said I doubt Nihilium had many clickers.

But I'm referring to fury tanking, which you didn't understand despite playing with the best people on the servers lol. I'm guessing that statement was supposed to impress me, right? lol
    it's pve neither is a great accomplishment

they were designed so empty raid slots were viable

the question is which matters more in the context of this thread. And the answer is obviously p servers

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    Alliance have better PvE racials and Paladins are more useful than Shamans. That said, all the Pro/high-end retail WoW players who intend to play Classic appear to be going Horde, so I expect Horde to absolutely dominate the Alliance and likely have a much larger population as well.
    You drastically underestimate the skill level of the private server community my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    A) there are no top horde guilds on p servers, the only good one on the new server died because mods were messing with their leadership.

B) by extension no one cares what your shit guild found useful lol

trust me in good guilds you still need salv
    LOL aggressive but 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Salvation isn't as important as it used to be because theirs a new tank style that generates an insane amount of threat. Basically you go down the fury tree and put the remaining 20 points in the prot tree and dual wield two one handers. Between raid buffs and consumes, if done properly it's almost impossible to lose threat. If you ever come close to dying just hit the sword and board macro until you're fully healed again. Tanking like that, salvation won't matter.
    I've been in numerous guilds with tanks DW, this spec, full TPS gear.... its easy AF to pull threat if you're a good DPS trust me... Furthermore Classic bosses have an insanely high parry chance. Parry haste is a real thing!
    Last edited by The-loon; 2019-07-22 at 01:34 PM.

I lvled alliance back in the day so i dunno how the horde leveling speed is, but for pvp and such people will most likely go horde. Pve wise i think alliance dominated in vanilla, i could be wrong though.

It will overall be balanced, like most servers back in the days.