Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think he will appear when we will get some cosmic threat. Also, we know that Khadgar is able to communicate with him.
    He is the likely neutral character to guide us into Shadowlands(a la Khadgar of WoD) with Vol'jin as the main horde character and maybe Daelin or Uther as the alliance one. Bolvar seems very anti-social to do a thing and likely he is planning to launch some massive offensive to the world and Bwonsamdi doesn't care about mortal affairs. Besides Medivh power to travel to realms is his main appeal and way to travel between the world of the dead and living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    He is the likely neutral character to guide us into Shadowlands(a la Khadgar of WoD) with Vol'jin as the main horde character and maybe Daelin or Uther as the alliance one. Bolvar seems very anti-social to do a thing and likely he is planning to launch some massive offensive to the world and Bwonsamdi doesn't care about mortal affairs. Besides Medivh power to travel to realms is his main appeal and way to travel between the world of the dead and living.
    Quite a nice idea. However, I have a feeling that they would like to make Arthas main Alliance character.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Wait a few years for the next "the world no longer needs a Guardian" storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

They spent an entire expansion building up Wrathion just to drop him off the face of the planet, I'm really not holding my breath on Medivh popping up again.

Only way I see him getting usage is if they want to bring back Khadgar as a focus but think the playerbase would be burnt out on seeing Khadgar, so they'd have Medivh fill that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think Sylvanas will be the neutral character serving that purpose tbh.
    Let's see where she go first, after all they can change her arc to the void, Wrathion was build up for Legion and Jaina for a great battle against Arthas but that stuff was dropped

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Quite a nice idea. However, I have a feeling that they would like to make Arthas main Alliance character.
    Arthas is a good option but I don't think he can be used as an alliance guide, even Jaina would be wary of him and even if he is really in the shadowlands, he likely is still held on that nightmarish part(remember that realm is big). He could play as some Gul'Dan or Xal'atath role where we free him for accident/deceive. Likely he could serve as a good horsemen for the boss of Bwonsamdi if he is the overall lord of the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

he has to pop back up eventually. it's just irresponsible for people like him to say "lol, it's your problem" like he did in legion.

this is like if superman told canada to fuck off if they asked for his help because a darkseid is attacking it. the whole world's in danger and you have the power to do something about it, it's your responsibility to act.

Not sure if Medivh will pop up, since in-game the proverbial mantle was passed in the dungeon Return to Karazhan between Medivh and Khadgar. If anything, Khadgar would be the conduit of any information relating to Medivh.

Someone mentioned characters showing up just to fit the story... and in some sense, that can be true. When it comes to Wrathion, I assumed he would return at some point despite his long absence, as every expansion since MoP has had references or hints of Wrathion and/or the Black Dragonflight working in the background towards some things. Even BfA now has some activity relating to this, and 8.2 continues with such activity... it's just generally not in-your-face exposure, it's usually in the background where you have to look for it, where you talk to a random NPC not directly associated with a quest or read books/logs/notes/etc. In comparison... I don't see anything like this for Medivh, which leads me to think he'll just be mentioned by Khadgar and/or play no major role beyond an informational plot device of why/how we are at some location.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Depends just how bad BFA does. WoD gave us FanServiceGalore... er, Legion, and even then Medivh was basically only a cameo. I'd expect we only see him pop up and drop more cryptic hints at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Medivh will pop up again when Med'an finally shows up to tell the heroes of Azeroth how to fight the Void Lords. Khadgar will be back from his hiatus then too.