Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    For the people concerned about trolls, I'm pretty sure Blizz won't be letting that happen.
    Yeah, because their competence levels have been off the charts these last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Uhm.... how about no? There may be signs, but not with this example.
    Leveling in BfA is the worst its ever been, at least in legion AP was more exciting, but you get next to nothing leveling through 110-120, except feeling weaker and weaker each level.

Blizzard could have done a lot more with leveling, there's plenty of room for abilities now, but they were lazy and thought Azerite would be enough, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Leveling in BfA is the worst its ever been, at least in legion AP was more exciting, but you get next to nothing leveling through 110-120, except feeling weaker and weaker each level.

Blizzard could have done a lot more with leveling, there's plenty of room for abilities now, but they were lazy and thought Azerite would be enough, it's not.
    I preferred Drustvar to any zone in the previous expansions - by quite a long way. I do agree that it feels quite hollow, and although i have leveled a dozen toons from 110-120, i started following this system pretty early on - lvl to friendly rep in each of the three zones - then just spam IE through to 120. If timewalking is up i might do a couple, but ultimately i found rep to friendly then spamming IE (while keeping up with the war....thing....campaign....w/e) to be the easiest way for me to lvl with the least effort.

Meant WQ unlocked as soon as i hit 120, and i could be raid ready in a day.

I think leveling has ALWAYS felt this way though, so for me, the lvling in BfA is no better or worse, but it certainly is disappointing to hit 120 and not get some amazing new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I preferred Drustvar to any zone in the previous expansions - by quite a long way. I do agree that it feels quite hollow, and although i have leveled a dozen toons from 110-120, i started following this system pretty early on - lvl to friendly rep in each of the three zones - then just spam IE through to 120. If timewalking is up i might do a couple, but ultimately i found rep to friendly then spamming IE (while keeping up with the war....thing....campaign....w/e) to be the easiest way for me to lvl with the least effort.

Meant WQ unlocked as soon as i hit 120, and i could be raid ready in a day.

I think leveling has ALWAYS felt this way though, so for me, the lvling in BfA is no better or worse, but it certainly is disappointing to hit 120 and not get some amazing new talent.
    The zones can only go so far though, even if you really love a zone, going through it for the 12th time isn't going to be fun... they didn't really give the Classes and specs anything to look forward to, and with where they killed legendaries (why couldn't they just wait til 120?) it makes the last 4 levels feel REALLY bad.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But he was right though. Did U read or did you just go into attack mode? Is this the sort of response we want from mods. Are calls for them all to be replaced by the new owners justified? Mods are here to moderate threads. Not get into internet arguments with what are essentially customers.
    You can go back and read how this whole thing started if you want.

They claimed that the other poster could just ask for people to carry them through the old content when what the poster was frustrated about was that there was no clarification at the time as to how this would work, so they thought this would affect their level 60 locked toon, and they'd be vote kicked out of any LFD group they join.

Which was a reasonable concern at the time, to the point that even now blizzard had to clarify how they're having it work.

There's nothing "off topic" about that. They shifted from telling the other poster to learn how to read, to "well look they said they don't want to affect the lower levels in this post from months ago", and when pointed out why people are still going to be skeptical about that along with an example of when blizzard has been shown to contradict themselves, decided to just chalk it up to "stop being off topic".

The zones can only go so far though, even if you really love a zone, going through it for the 12th time isn't going to be fun... they didn't really give the Classes and specs anything to look forward to, and with where they killed legendaries (why couldn't they just wait til 120?) it makes the last 4 levels feel REALLY bad.
    I acknowledged all that in my post. Read to the end, THEN hit reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

They claimed that the other poster could just ask for people to carry them through the old content when what the poster was frustrated about was that there was no clarification at the time as to how this would work, so they thought this would affect their level 60 locked toon, and they'd be vote kicked out of any LFD group they join.

Which was a reasonable concern at the time, to the point that even now blizzard had to clarify how they're having it work.

There's nothing "off topic" about that. They shifted from telling the other poster to learn how to read, to "well look they said they don't want to affect the lower levels in this post from months ago", and when pointed out why people are still going to be skeptical about that along with an example of when blizzard has been shown to contradict themselves, decided to just chalk it up to "stop being off topic".
    Again, i will request that you remain on topic, and stop attacking forum users for disagreeing with you. Yet again you have added nothing constructive to this conversation, and continue to try and start fights with people. Just leave it. Move on.

Umm in legion leveling I felt weaker and weaker as I gained levels more then any other xpac so not even sure what you're talking about. Hell when you lose the maxed out lego ring you're literally so nerfed compared to your 100 self it was both sad and laughable. This is some revisionist history if I ever saw it.

Leveling has almost always made you feel weaker in new xpacs, as your secondary stats become worth less and less % with each level you gained. It was multiplied more so in Legion and BFA leveling due to loss of legos at a certain point as well, but make no mistake the WoD maxed lego ring was stronger then any 2 legos from Legion was, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Umm in legion leveling I felt weaker and weaker as I gained levels more then any other xpac so not even sure what you're talking about. Hell when you lose the maxed out lego ring you're literally so nerfed compared to your 100 self it was both sad and laughable. This is some revisionist history if I ever saw it.

Leveling has almost always made you feel weaker in new xpacs, as your secondary stats become worth less and less % with each level you gained. It was multiplied more so in Legion and BFA leveling due to loss of legos at a certain point as well, but make no mistake the WoD maxed lego ring was stronger then any 2 legos from Legion was, not even close.
    I didn't feel it NEAR as bad with Legion as I did with BfA, and prior to Legion it was never as apparent. I never bothered maxing out a ring though because fuck that garbage legendary.

And that's not even the worst part though, there's nothing to look forward to when leveling in BFA, nothing at all, they just said fuck it, Azerite with fix it, and it didn't and still doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

To be fair, once they had the boa tokens rolling at least leveling was pretty ridiculous at that point.

But at the start yeah, Legion wasn't much better but it was improved upon along the way with the tokens and the heirlooms.

Heirlooms only made BfA worse in terms of power.

Would like to see the fresh character/account that gets 2 legendaries before he continues with BFA questing.

To be fair, once they had the boa tokens rolling at least leveling was pretty ridiculous at that point.

But at the start yeah, Legion wasn't much better but it was improved upon along the way with the tokens and the heirlooms.

Heirlooms only made BfA worse in terms of power.
    Not to mention that Invasions FELT better then incursions, you got more XP off the bat. If you plan your incursions out you can probably get more out of them with the 10% buff, but for the avg person incursions are a straight leveling downgrade from invasions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Would like to see the fresh character/account that gets 2 legendaries before he continues with BFA questing.
    We're not talking about fresh accts... those always suck to level.

And I highly doubt we're getting too many, with the max level accts bleeding out as bad as it is, why would a new player join?

And that's your excuse to attack users? I expect that sort of behaviour from morons like me. When you log into your moderator account and post with it there are certain standards that anyone would expect. You are suppose to be even handed and above the petty shit that. Anything less puts a bad light on the company that you represent and to make it worse? You have been presented data from Blizzard themselves and choose to discount it in favour of a 3rd party report. I would think, that until Blizzard says otherwise, that the third party is wrong or misinformed. Blizzard could very well confirm the hysteria in 2 mins. Until then an impartial viewer should think that a company representative is more likely to be correct over a third party. Your stance is questionable, such as
    1. Do you jump onto any information that confirms your bias and view it as truth, no matter how reliable it is.
    2. Have you personally been told by management that whatever is on the fp is the view that the company has. Even though it is just rumour and that is why you trust third party info over the currwnt Blizzard info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

What they could do is to make legiondairies not being used above 109, but that would suck for the rest. Or just nerf the Eyebeam helm lol.

Honestly though, it's a silly fix. No one is really losing on it? I have seen people complained about blizzard nerfing other ways to level than normal questing, but that's just silly, we can still level through Islands. On 4 or 5 chars I levelled from 110 to 120 with Islands only, so the option is still there. Personally I now just normally level through questing, random dungeons, assaults and Islands in a mix, better to level with a little variety.

First off, I never even knew this feature existed, "turning off XP" WTF? Why would anyone do that, who wants leveling to be paused ? And if it's for some weird PvP thing, that's stupid, WoW is not Counterstrike, if I want deathmatch I'll play Battlefield or Quake. PvP in WoW is the dumbest thing ever and totally pointless. WoW is an MMORPG, you join a server with thousands of other real players, to do quests, go on adventures, explore the world, and group up to battle the enemies in dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    First off, I never even knew this feature existed, "turning off XP" WTF? Why would anyone do that, who wants leveling to be paused ? And if it's for some weird PvP thing, that's stupid, WoW is not Counterstrike, if I want deathmatch I'll play Battlefield or Quake. PvP in WoW is the dumbest thing ever and totally pointless. WoW is an MMORPG, you join a server with thousands of other real players, to do quests, go on adventures, explore the world, and group up to battle the enemies in dungeons and raids.
    It was added because blizz added XP to pvp and Twinks said "wtf blizz!" and blizz caved, in short anyway. Don't don't of any other mmo that allows it

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    First off, I never even knew this feature existed, "turning off XP" WTF? Why would anyone do that, who wants leveling to be paused ? WoW is an MMORPG, you join a server with thousands of other real players, to do quests, go on adventures, explore the world, and group up to battle the enemies in dungeons and raids.
    I really dont think it is up to you to decide exactly how to play an mmo. for example, you dont like PvP, and thats fine, but that doesnt mean you can suddenly exclude it from "why" ppl play an mmo.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Yeah, because their competence levels have been off the charts these last few years.
    Oh stop. The Legion expansion was the absolute best expansion they've ever released. BFA may lack many things, but they've been pretty good with being on top of tuning issues.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so the update for this basically means that you have nothing to worry about in LFD unless you are in a pre-made party with someone who has it switched off

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaeres View Post
    Oh stop. The Legion expansion was the absolute best expansion they've ever released. BFA may lack many things, but they've been pretty good with being on top of tuning issues.
    Rofl, legion was good, but best? Class design was still miles behind pre wod expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I really dont think it is up to you to decide exactly how to play an mmo. for example, you dont like PvP, and thats fine, but that doesnt mean you can suddenly exclude it from "why" ppl play an mmo.
    WoW was never billed as a deathmatch fantasy game. It was always a RPG with tons of real live players to adventure with. It seems PvP was tacked on last minute, never really thought out great.

But turning off XP. That's the strangest thing a developer would allow in an RPG