Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Rofl, legion was good, but best? Class design was still miles behind pre wod expansions.
    Behind TBC or Vanilla? What a complete joke. WotLK was a mixture of good and terrible class design too, certainly not objectively superior to Legion once you factor artifacts in. Cata was not wonderful either.

The nerf only applies to pre-made groups entering specific content so twinks can no longer cut into Blizztards $60 boost sales.
    Players in random Q's are not affected.

This won't effect most people only asshats selling runs. It doesn't affect you in pug groups. Blizz hate train smh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khandros View Post
    The nerf only applies to pre-made groups entering specific content so twinks can no longer cut into Blizztards $60 boost sales.
    There is no boost for 120 /facepalm

So are you saying now you can buy boost from 110 to 120 in Blizz shop? If you make such claims check it before you post. Twinks boosting in 110-120 bracket aren't rival to Blizzard services because now you can only buy character boost to level 110. If anything then Blizz prevents some shady players/companies to earn real money from boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Behind TBC or Vanilla? What a complete joke. WotLK was a mixture of good and terrible class design too, certainly not objectively superior to Legion once you factor artifacts in. Cata was not wonderful either.
    Wrath, cata, and mop class design was miles better then Legion overall, were a spec or two better in legion? Balance maybe, but that's questionable. Mop class design was the best this game has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    101s in legion were significantly weaker that 110s today for this purpose. Also lack of Isles didn't help either.

I mean, people used to use their high level characters to boost lowbies through dungeons since the beginning of wow. But there was a downside to this - you can't level this way. Then scaling tech came in and people started abusing this "dungeon scaling" thing to level their toons by basically spamming dungeons over and over again, because capped character was counted as "max level for this dungeon" or something and provided experience in wast amounts.
    All those methods should be removed from the game, since they are obviously are byproducts of new systems that weren't tested properly.
    Weaker or not it was still going on back in Legion and being they did nothing about it then they were basically saying they were ok with how things were. Ultimately it doesn't really affect me one way or the the other because I wasn't doing it and I quit BfA. It does strike me as odd though that now all of this time into BfA that suddenly it is now a problem, especially when there are rumors that Blizzard may be about to start selling boosts to 120.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, cata, and mop class design was miles better then Legion overall, were a spec or two better in legion? Balance maybe, but that's questionable. Mop class design was the best this game has ever seen.
    I don't think you played Wrath if you're saying that, or you were a total noob and had no idea what was going on. Wrath class design was all over the road, from being extremely well-executed, to the ludicrously underpowered or overpowered.

Cata class design was just hopelessly dull and unbalanced. It was like, what if we took Wrath class design and killed it's soul?

MoP was a very distinct improvement on Cata, but still had some huge issues and some specs which were gigantic messes. I think an argument can be made that it was on-par with Legion (including the artifact weapons), but it's a sketchy one.

BfA's design is better than Legion's - but only if you leave out artifact weapons. Once you put them in the equation Legion is clearly ahead. If they just hadn't ditched all the artifact weapon traits, I guarantee all the "BfA class design sux" meme-y stuff that goes around wouldn't be a thing. So you could make a reasonable case that MoP had better class design than BfA, I think. Miles better? No. BfA has classes that are far more balanced and more specs that aren't total trashfires, but it has a lot of issues with specs being somewhat dull or empty, so I think you can argue MoP wins there, by a small margin. Some specs are much better conceptualized in BfA, though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl, legion was good, but best? Class design was still miles behind pre wod expansions.
    Yes, I repeat, the best. Although I'm speaking only from a storyline and Pve perspective, I can't touch in PvP
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think you played Wrath if you're saying that, or you were a total noob and had no idea what was going on. Wrath class design was all over the road, from being extremely well-executed, to the ludicrously underpowered or overpowered.

Cata class design was just hopelessly dull and unbalanced. It was like, what if we took Wrath class design and killed it's soul?

MoP was a very distinct improvement on Cata, but still had some huge issues and some specs which were gigantic messes. I think an argument can be made that it was on-par with Legion (including the artifact weapons), but it's a sketchy one.

BfA's design is better than Legion's - but only if you leave out artifact weapons. Once you put them in the equation Legion is clearly ahead. If they just hadn't ditched all the artifact weapon traits, I guarantee all the "BfA class design sux" meme-y stuff that goes around wouldn't be a thing. So you could make a reasonable case that MoP had better class design than BfA, I think. Miles better? No. BfA has classes that are far more balanced and more specs that aren't total trashfires, but it has a lot of issues with specs being somewhat dull or empty, so I think you can argue MoP wins there, by a small margin. Some specs are much better conceptualized in BfA, though.
    I disagree entirely, and I've been playing since the original Beta. But really it's subjective. Some people love the new Demonology, I can't STAND it, I want my meta back.

Also Wrath had the BEST design for DK, was it balanced? Fuck no, but it was fun. I really couldn't give 2 shits about balance, fun is the most important part.

Tanking overall was the best in Wrath, Cata and Mop, specially mop and cata with Vengeance cheese fun.

Healing overall has improved though, that's one thing.

But overall since WoD I'd say almost all class and spec design has gone to the shitter.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2019-06-18 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    You guys remember that one guy who made a thread about his level 110 twink.
    He was incredibly happy.

Cant find the thread but have the video he shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbzx7bh2fJo&t=0s

Welp
    I guess his entire fun is ruined now.

edit: Oh boy...i just realized he leveled his neck to level 50...oh my goodness the poor guy.

edit2: i found the thread
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-Neck-Pre-8-2
    I watched that video and the game looked fun enough to resub, but forget that idea because Blizzard is determined to ignore why people pay to play a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    This won't effect most people only asshats selling runs. It doesn't affect you in pug groups. Blizz hate train smh

- - - Updated - - -

There is no boost for 120 /facepalm
    What do you think is going to happen to boost sales if people are having more fun turning off leveling for multiple expansions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    WoW was never billed as a deathmatch fantasy game. It was always a RPG with tons of real live players to adventure with. It seems PvP was tacked on last minute, never really thought out great.

But turning off XP. That's the strangest thing a developer would allow in an RPG
    Have you heard about a new thing called Classic coming out in August?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or they will vote kick you out.
    People could also make a group of 3 to troll so no one can kick anyone. Then the People have to make the choice of Dungeon Deserter or getting very little EXP same with Island Expedition Leveling.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    People could also make a group of 3 to troll so no one can kick anyone. Then the People have to make the choice of Dungeon Deserter or getting very little EXP same with Island Expedition Leveling.
    your kinda late mate... we already know it wont effect pugs...

Very glad this was done.