Using Macros / Addons decrease your actually skill lvl... change my mind

#SipsCoffee

This thread will probably get locked but

What is your current pvp/pve experience ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

multi 1800.. with no addons / macros

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z a v i u s View Post
    multi 1800.. with no addons / macros
    So you have zero high end exp for either aspect of the game? Just stop now.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I stopped reading at "multi 1800".

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    So you have zero high end exp for either aspect of the game? Just stop now.
    Why I posted about not using Macros / Addons.

The advantage those two features give are a given; literally gives an instant reaction time on abilities / counters.

My point is without those addons telling you that your opponent used the DPS boost / main D cooldown in a 3s match when you aren't even focused on that target.. is a handicap to your real skill and ability. Same with a macro, pushing one button that does 2+ sequence of events (target a certain target, use certain ability, etc)

I understand how useful these things are, I'm not saying that they aren't useful... my opinion is that they are a handicap

7+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    You are wrong.
    great way to change my mind

Dafuq did i just read
    c

Why I posted about not using Macros / Addons.

The advantage those two features give are a given; literally gives an instant reaction time on abilities / counters.

My point is without those addons telling you that your opponent used the DPS boost / main D cooldown in a 3s match when you aren't even focused on that target.. is a handicap to your real skill and ability. Same with a macro, pushing one button that does 2+ sequence of events (target a certain target, use certain ability, etc)

I understand how useful these things are, I'm not saying that they aren't useful... my opinion is that they are a handicap
    Being one of the only people who doesnt use them, is severely lowering your capability to get a higher rating and holding you/the people you play with back,

Change my Mind

*Sips Coffee*

Does it decrease skill Maybe, but knowing which macro/addon does what and using them effectively also adds some extra skill to the Game
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

7+ Year Old Account
    great way to change my mind
    Anyone that makes a thread and says nothing but "change my mind" doesn't want their mind changed.

Good luck convincing me that healing without mouseover macros is more efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    While there are addons that go too far (these usually get blocked by Blizzards changes to the API rather soonish) most other addons merely reorganize information the game is giving you anyway to your preference.

As such, they cannot impact your playing skill.

As for macros: I see them as a QOL improvement more than anything else.

Over the years I have met some gamers with crazy amounts of skill. NONE of them used anything but basic controls. They just mastered the basic controls. I always found that interesting. They all shared a passion to play but didn't really care to fidget with setting shortcuts or whatever.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

You are right, all of my teammates new my stance on the addons / macros but we pushed 1800 almost the 1900 bracket every season.

I had a multi Glad partner that when she knew how I played after we progressed was surprised and recommended me using them and said we would easily hit 2k.
    Watched some of Savix videos on how important macros are in arenas just to increase reaction time.

My view point comes from the view point of World PVP in I guess the RP view point of it.. meaning that when you are out in the world.. of Warcraft, when the opposite faction comes up for a battle, you may know and understand that class and how to counter it or know its strengths but its on your knowledge and skill with your character with base skills.. but yes Macros are part of the game so that would make my point of view already countered (Hence why I wanted people to discuss this an not just bash someone for their views).

Using glasses and contact lenses decreases your true eyesight.

Sure they might make you see better and enables you to see things your normally wouldn't. I understand that this might be useful, but in my opinion it handicaps you.

People need to learn to just SEE and stop relying on visual aids!