Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Unless you play Maya Then you can just Beehawk to victory! Or BeeFib on Gaige <3

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you say so
    I love Maya, probably my go to character.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    I would hardly call 3 Million people, out of 35 Million "en masse". And if they were dropping "like a rock", we would have seen a much larger drop than 13.5% from Q4 2018 to the last report in May.
    4th qt 2017 (nothing really going on) 40m MAU, 1st qt 2018 (still nothing really going on) 38m MAU, 3rd qt 2018 (expansion launch, MAU should go UP not DOWN) 37m MAU, 4th qt 2018 (after expansion launch) 35m MAU, 1st qt 2019 32 million MAU... Yup they're doing great..... Can't even snag an MAU gain on an expansion launch anymore. To put that into perspective, Blizzard had 42m MAU during legion launch, maybe Classic will fix it /shrug

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Uhh, I hope this doesn't affect dungeon finder. I would be so pissed if someone queued into LFG with this xp reduction debuff just to troll.
    It won't, it will only affect people who grouped up before queueing.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I'm glad you agree, because the facts are it's an exploit. Maybe not in terms of what blizzard has classed them as before, but it fits the definition of an exploit. Perfect.
    I actually created an account to point out that you are wrong.
    Leveling is created by Blizzard in a way that allows characters of different levels to group up together. You don't need to quest as this is not the only possible way to level, you can also use dungeons to level up.
    Now, if characters level 110 can group up to do a dungeon with level 119 in order to clear said dungeon and level up, it is a viable way of leveling and is a viable game mechanic.
    Grouping up with friends is also a viable way of doing it, you are not forced to do it in a 5 man group as you have to in group finder, therefore using 2 people of random levels in a level bracket is completely ok.
    Locking the exp gain to become a twink is an option available in the game for a long time. The power that those twinks have is also completely legitimate since it is Blizzard's scaling that made them that way.
    Then you add all those points together, and you don't magically end up with exploit, as all of those options were implemented in a clear way, it was clear that they can be used in such way.
    Whats the most "controversial" and "exploit-like" according to wikipedia definition of exploit, would actually be.... twinking, as it is listed as one of the types of exploits. BUT since it is an option that Blizzard implemented, it is a part of the gameplay, hence it is not an exploit.

    Ofcourse you can go on and argue that Blizzard didn't intend it that way until the end of the world so it is an exploit, but if you go into that direction, then literally every part of the game is an exploit since they were designed in a certain way but players have freedom to choose what they want to do.

    Defending actions like this "twink leveling removal" is giving Blizzard a positive feedback on removing any "extra option" that players have to enjoy the game. Such actions are happening more and more often, and soon you will have only one way to play the game, the way that Blizzard money making team designed to take as long as possible with a pretty big lack of any "fun".

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I'm glad you agree, because the facts are it's an exploit. Maybe not in terms of what blizzard has classed them as before, but it fits the definition of an exploit. Perfect.
    I actually created an account to point out that you are wrong.
    Leveling is created by Blizzard in a way that allows characters of different levels to group up together. You don't need to quest as this is not the only possible way to level, you can also use dungeons to level up.
    Now, if characters level 110 can group up to do a dungeon with level 119 in order to clear said dungeon and level up, it is a viable way of leveling and is a viable game mechanic.
    Grouping up with friends is also a viable way of doing it, you are not forced to do it in a 5 man group as you have to in group finder, therefore using 2 people of random levels in a level bracket is completely ok.
    Locking the exp gain to become a twink is an option available in the game for a long time. The power that those twinks have is also completely legitimate since it is Blizzard's scaling that made them that way.
    Then you add all those points together, and you don't magically end up with exploit, as all of those options were implemented in a clear way, it was clear that they can be used in such way.
    Whats the most "controversial" and "exploit-like" according to wikipedia definition of exploit, would actually be.... twinking, as it is listed as one of the types of exploits. BUT since it is an option that Blizzard implemented, it is a part of the gameplay, hence it is not an exploit.

    Ofcourse you can go on and argue that Blizzard didn't intend it that way until the end of the world so it is an exploit, but if you go into that direction, then literally every part of the game is an exploit since they were designed in a certain way but players have freedom to choose what they want to do.

    Defending actions like this "twink leveling removal" is giving Blizzard a positive feedback on removing any "extra option" that players have to enjoy the game. Such actions are happening more and more often, and soon you will have only one way to play the game, the way that Blizzard money making team designed to take as long as possible with a pretty big lack of any "fun".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •