Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Post WoW "leak" from a developer on 4chan(lol)

So earlier tonight a person claiming to be a developer did a Q&A on 4chan's /v/ board. Now I know your immediate thought is that it's nothing, but I found it interesting enough to share here. Some sounds plausible, but some of it is information that has been thought up by the community. Also for the sake of making a readable thread title pretend I put about 50 quote marks around developer in the title.

Some highlights:

• Claims that WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
    • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
    • Claims that he's working on a faction merge prototype at the moment and testing how warmode could still leave PvP intact.
    • On the faction merge they're TALKING about letting people interact with the other faction as long as warmode is off. Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.
    • The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
    • High elves are doa.
    • No Sethrakk
    • Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
    • After Sylvanas leaves to do her thing Lilian Voss is slated to become the new Forskaen leader although if "faction stuff" is scrapped then Calia with be the leader. (Whatever "faction stuff" means...maybe dissolving the factions gameplay wise? Or storywise?)
    • In 8.3 we "defeat" N'zoth but he isn't gone forever
    • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    • Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
    • The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
    • Says that Bwonsomdi's boss is a "she", no name yet
    • Something about an orb we're getting as the new artifact/azerite system and a bunch of quests related to it? (Is this something on live?)
    • New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    • Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    • Player housing is forever in development hell

Anyway those were the most salient parts. There are bits and bobs in the screencaps below so take a look. And I swear to god if someone else made a thread about this as I was typing this up...

Imgur album for the screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/etFZctZ
    Here’s the archive link to the thread archive. Once it’s gone I’m not comfortable enough to link people to the 3rd party 4chan archive sites.
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/...ng-on-world-of
    Last edited by Ooid; 2019-06-18 at 05:56 PM.

Sounds horrible enough to be true.

Most of it is probably just guessing based on likely outcomes though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of it sounds "plausable" AKA taken from fan ideas on Reddit.

If true, I guarantee you this is a "Approved leak" leaks these days are mostly marketing tools.

Sounds like a big guess, maybe a few will happen..

Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    That's what makes it believable for me. Forcing you to level a new character just for some different spell animations totally sounds like Actizzard's plan to increase revenue by selling a ton of level boosts.

Sounds like someone from MMOC just gave their wish list to 4chan.

[QUOTE=Ooid;51314037]So earlier tonight a person claiming to be a developer did a Q&A on 4chan's /v/ board. Now I know your immediate thought is that it's nothing, but I found it interesting enough to share here. Some sounds plausible, but some of it is information that has been thought up by the community. Also for the sake of making a readable thread title pretend I put about 50 quote marks around developer in the title.

Some highlights:

• Claims that WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
    • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
    • Claims that he's working on a faction merge prototype at the moment and testing how warmode could still leave PvP intact.
    • On the faction merge they're TALKING about letting people interact with the other faction as long as warmode is off. Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.
    • The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
    • High elves are doa.
    • No Sethrakk
    • Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
    • After Sylvanas leaves to do her thing Lilian Voss is slated to become the new Forskaen leader although if "faction stuff" is scrapped then Calia with be the leader. (Whatever "faction stuff" means...maybe dissolving the factions gameplay wise? Or storywise?)
    • In 8.3 we "defeat" N'zoth but he isn't gone forever
    • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    • Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
    • The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
    • Says that Bwonsomdi's boss is a "she", no name yet
    • Something about an orb we're getting as the new artifact/azerite system and a bunch of quests related to it? (Is this something on live?)
    • New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    • Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    • Player housing is forever in development hell

Anyway those were the most salient parts. There are bits and bobs in the screencaps below so take a look. And I swear to god if someone else made a thread about this as I was typing this up...

The "boar" creature are probably the pig people in barrens and stromgsong valley. They got new models and have female/male version, so proably have a chance for be allied races for the Horde.

lol fake...guy says that he has to pay for a wow sub

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    That's what makes it believable for me. Forcing you to level a new character just for some different spell animations totally sounds like Actizzard's plan to increase revenue by selling a ton of level boosts.
    Well if the concept proved successful with allied races, why wouldn't it work with prestige classes? ...

The leak is not worse than anything we've gotten in BfA so... why not.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.

... this got posted here as an idea some days / weeks ago ... it `s a troll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Literally nothing in here that you couldn't spitball based on stuff we already know about the game or that isn't already subject of discussion in the greater community.

A lot of it is plausible but nothing about it is credible.

Haha, “Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature for the Horde.”

Best thing I have heard all day

10+ Year Old Account
    Most thing are too shallow to even possibly be truth.
    I mean: "Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding" - that's a really low hanging fruit, something that fans can come up with
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Haha, “Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature for the Horde.”

Best thing I have heard all day
    There are these boar creatures, they're called Quilboars. But why would they join the Horde?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quilboar

MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Read the word "4chan" and stopped right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiPlays View Post
    Hi guys. I'ma dev at blizzard and I can tell you that all of the stuff is absolutely not happening. Trust me. For real.

Come on guys, who actually belives in this? Class skins where brought up mostly by the T&E vid and all the rest are wishes of fans from different forums (official, mmo-champ and so on). And that imgur link? The answers are absolutely cringeworthy.

Edit:
    I'm almost certain they already stated elsewhere that factions aren't going anywhere. This whole "I can choose if I follow Sylvanas or defy her" will lead absolutely nowhere.
    Booo, was hoping that the storyline was hinting towards factions splitting next expansion.

Mechagnomes... and light undead. Its garbage enough to be real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    8.3? Yea with how bad bfa is feeling i highly doubt there will be a 8.3.
    Yup. I heard Blizzard already terminated the lease with the server farm they use for WoW. Game will be shuttered by the end of the year.

Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
    I see strong Alliance bias, so it might be real.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I would level one. Especially if that druid had his own customisation options and maybe additional races.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.