Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I do just that, wait until they're low if I'm undergeared. I'm at 415 atm so I just shredd through their HP anyway and try to help out by targeting them as early as possible to spill my damage over to everyone else.

    However, instead of being irritated with people tagging "too early", be greatful to those who wait.
    Well met!

  2. #22
    It's funny because the only problem I've ever had with the tagging system is higher geared players hitting a mob once and fucking off to repeat the process with everyone else in combat...

  3. #23
    The Patient AkundaMrdal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    337
    Who cares, I just tag elite when I get to her, use autoattack and do something else on second monitor.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post

    In order to maximize kill times, you need to pull your weight. If you do bad dps and tag a mob at 100% you are just making killing the mob slower. You are not helping, you are slowing us down.

    This means if you have shit gear, are a healer or a tank, just stop tagging mobs at 100%. If you want to be helpful, you wait with tagging it until it is at 10% HP.
    Next week-

    "Wtf is with all these people who see me fighting a mob, sit around doing nothing and then tag it before it dies! Don't just stand there and help you lazy jerks!"

  5. #25
    Not really a problem anymore but you can bet your ass that at the beginning of the expansion when i was soloing those group elite world quest mobs that i could barely solo at the time, if someone tagged them early just to leech the world quest, i'd feign death and let them deal with it. Not just to be a dick, but because they'd scale outside the range of which i could manage solo without the additional players contributing.
    | Salty Maud, misengage specialist | Current pc setup | Retired Admin of EuroRaid |

  6. #26
    Legendary! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    6,119
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    As you all know ever since Legion we have mob tag sharing. Though it seems like some of you still don't understand how the system works.

    Example 1:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 100%. Now suddenly the mob has 200 HP. A 3rd person attacks at 100%, the mob now has 300 HP.

    Example 2:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it and bring it down to 10 HP. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 10%. Now the mob has 20 HP (an increase of health equal to current health). A 3rd person attacks at 10%, the mob now has 30 HP.

    In order to maximize kill times, you need to pull your weight. If you do bad dps and tag a mob at 100% you are just making killing the mob slower. You are not helping, you are slowing us down.

    This means if you have shit gear, are a healer or a tank, just stop tagging mobs at 100%. If you want to be helpful, you wait with tagging it until it is at 10% HP.

    This is the mob scaling system we live with. If you don't like being told to not do anything for 90% of the fight, flame Blizzard, not people that want to complete these dreadful quests ASAP.
    ....Most mobs dies within 30 sec these days, you can't seriously suggest, that having it take a few secounds longer is actually bothering you that much? O.o

    People just want to play the game and attack mobs, that they want to kill. You can't ask players, to go around the world and setting themselfs in que for elite mobs, only "playing the game" when the mobs are at 10% HP.

    ......If those added seconds are bothering you that much, your time is apperantly too valueable to do any content, where others might have an effect on it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

  7. #27
    Wow... like this matters!

    Oh noes, they wasted a second of your life! Tragedy! No one owes you anything.

  8. #28
    For the record mob health doesn't scale 100%/200%/300%/400%/500%.
    It scales at 100%/150%/200%/250%/300%, so assuming several people attack it at 100% health and each deals roughly the same amount of damage, killing is faster the more players are around. It's been like that since at least legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  9. #29
    This complaint reads like it was typed unironically while AFK'ed during a warfront.

  10. #30
    I don't mind people with low gear joining in. At least they're trying to help.

    WhatI do mind is people just tagging it then going off to kill other mobs and leaving you to deal with it on your own. Was happening all the time when coming across rates in questing areas.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't mind people with low gear joining in. At least they're trying to help.

    WhatI do mind is people just tagging it then going off to kill other mobs and leaving you to deal with it on your own. Was happening all the time when coming across rates in questing areas.
    I dismiss my pet and feign death and then watch the baddie go running off after its new friend.

    Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Next week-

    "Wtf is with all these people who see me fighting a mob, sit around doing nothing and then tag it before it dies! Don't just stand there and help you lazy jerks!"
    This. This right here is exactly what I was going to say.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    As you all know ever since Legion we have mob tag sharing. Though it seems like some of you still don't understand how the system works.

    Example 1:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 100%. Now suddenly the mob has 200 HP. A 3rd person attacks at 100%, the mob now has 300 HP.

    Example 2:
    Say a mob has 100 HP. You start killing it and bring it down to 10 HP. Now a 2nd person starts attacking it at 10%. Now the mob has 20 HP (an increase of health equal to current health). A 3rd person attacks at 10%, the mob now has 30 HP.

    In order to maximize kill times, you need to pull your weight. If you do bad dps and tag a mob at 100% you are just making killing the mob slower. You are not helping, you are slowing us down.

    This means if you have shit gear, are a healer or a tank, just stop tagging mobs at 100%. If you want to be helpful, you wait with tagging it until it is at 10% HP.

    This is the mob scaling system we live with. If you don't like being told to not do anything for 90% of the fight, flame Blizzard, not people that want to complete these dreadful quests ASAP.
    Seriously?

    Wow.

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,596
    Chill out a bit pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I understand how it works, however i'd rather let you kill the mob while i'm watching tv or alt tabbed. "waiting until 10%" would require me to be ingame paying attention to that narrow time window watching its hp. Thanks in advance.
    You, you are the type of player I love to have come up while I'm WQing. I love gathering a huge group of enemies together... let you throw your one AoE then I Shadowmeld while they slaughter you. I'll finish my quest while you are doing your corpse run. So much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  16. #36
    I haven't done any extensive experiments, but every time someone attacks a mob I already tagged (or I tag a mob someone else is attacking) the mob just dies faster. I've never seen its health shoot up and suddenly take longer.

  17. #37
    They're world bosses, not mythic raiding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •