Poll: What's your favorite setting for the next expansion?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just need a much much much bigger AV and you are removed from the instance if you die.
    You start by jumping down from an airship in random location as a level 1 with no gear and you pick up level up orbs and gear as you search the instance.

The safe zone gets smaller and smaller and the last guy survived win most points. Why am I so awesome to always come up with these new ideas?

K'ARESH with Ethereals and Void gods/lords

Much as I'd love one based around the Caverns of Time, I think Dragon Isles would work best. We have dangling plot threads related to dragons that could quite easily be used to fill out five zones, each based on a major flight, with a final zone being based around the "evil" flights - dragon fertility for the Reds, the Nightmare for the Greens, the Infinite for the Bronze, Wrathion's attempts to renew the Black Flight and any lingering demons or other magical issues with the Blues (Chromatus, even?)

Underground Black Empire does have a style I'd love to see. Things like the rest of the nerubian empire up in northrend, etc, would be an interesting shtick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Since I can't have my Favorite Setting... "Elisande's Private Chambers",
    Well now we know what you're into.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Underground Black Empire does have a style I'd love to see. Things like the rest of the nerubian empire up in northrend, etc, would be an interesting shtick.

- - - Updated - - -

Well now we know what you're into.
    And how do you know I'm not the Gnome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Incursion of the light, Shadowlands, the void, ethereals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    None of them.

Outland 2.0

OUTLAND 2.0

NOT. DRAENOR.
    That was your outland 2.0.......

Time to finally embrace the old gods and their grand design. Give into the whispers. The Black Empire is awaiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sort of new content we were unaware of, populated by well established races with a lot of history. Similar to MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been craving for another undead scourge themed expansion. I know Fordragon is cooking up some kind of evil scheme while we're all distracted by faction war and Azhara and the Old Gods.

He's been too quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally over dragons, and Old Gods aren't interesting (neither are caves. Especially not caves!)

Clear winner here: Northrend 2

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    black empire, i don't want a single revamp, learned that lesson from cata
    if they revamp any zone it will cost us a raid tier
    how did cata world revamp cost us a tier ? we had TWO instances instead of one and then we had glorious firelands and dragonsoul.

I hope it's dragons, because I'm not buying anything with Void or Old Gods.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    how did cata world revamp cost us a tier ? we had TWO instances instead of one and then we had glorious firelands and dragonsoul.
    Tbh Firelands, while cool, it had just 8 bosses... And Diarrhea Soul was just ewww.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

dont' care, don't see them fixing retail to be enjoyable for me. They are stuck in the rng fest quecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    not sure u joke or not but we get 2 zul'agains, and lost abyssal maw (and GC literally said that the revamped cost us this raiding tier)
    also a heartbreaking story, i have a friend whose friend was playing with her during Darspear revolution event, she got cancer and died, wow took that memory from my friend, she can't relive the last days since wow removed it from game
    that is why i'm very strong anti-change, if they want to do anything, do it like Blasted lands, leave old version alone, add new one
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Revamped old world with WQ everywhere
    ...Can we not?
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no theme interest.

I am, however, sick of random small island is suddenly a continent. Gimme underground, gimme another hemisphere, just not Dragon Isles.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    1000% sick of the "void", lets get (back?) to some high fantasy themes. With High Elves, and Bards!

I voted "Dragons".
    Yeah, let's stop doing what makes Warcraft unique and revert to generic DnD stuff.

There are plenty of generic DnD-style worlds, but that's not Warcraft. Even in Warcraft 2 & 3 it wasn't really high fantasy. Warcraft 2 had you going through another portal to a dying alien world. Warcraft 3 was about uniting the races against an interplanetary demonic army.

I can't comprehend why you want Warcraft to be more like the standard fantasy template. There are so many games, movies, and shows if that's your thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh Firelands, while cool, it had just 8 bosses... And Diarrhea Soul was just ewww.
    Why is everybody so down on Dragon Soul? Only "problem" I can see is that it re-uses most of it's assets and isn't a new area. But for me that was a good thing, having a raid that's a big battle over a pre-existing location instead of just going into the bad guy's evil lair and killing them.

A new continent east of the Eastern Kingdoms and West of Kalimdor.

But I'd like Northrend 2.0 almost as much.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.