Poll: What's your favorite setting for the next expansion?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    black empire, i don't want a single revamp, learned that lesson from cata
    if they revamp any zone it will cost us a raid tier
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I called underground as the next logical expansion a while ago. Makes sense. The restored AQ, the Nerubian empire, the Amathet tribe in Uldum, the fight for the birthing of the new titan Azeroth. It works. And the new class will either be a Tinker or a Necromancer.

I'm sure any of those options will be made high quality by the current developers...asking for these 3 stooges level developers to come up with anything better than a shallow cash grab right now is a waste of dreams. You have to remember that the best developers left at Actibliztard have been sent to make mobile games like candy crush and other games for mouth breathers, so WoW is left with the fat kid nobody wants for dodgeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe I should have added this option too but an entirely revamped world seems so unlikely that I didn't even think about it. A Cataclysm 2.0 scenario for all zones? Yes please but I really don't expect this to happen at all.
    With all the level scaling I could see it happen. Revamp the old world and allow lvling where ever you want and make endgame content around it as well. Probably wishfull thinking though.

If they ever do such a thing I just hope they go back to the old version. Where each zone has it's own story, that can stand on his own. Not some weird, cataclysmic/faction war red thread that makes zero sense out of context.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I would love something exotic and magical again. Either another world, or some odd place like the Dragon Isles that could be designed that way.

After so many expansions with boring, natural looking environments I just miss high fantasy stuff. Outland was really the last time they went crazy, although WoD was also pretty alien, too.
    To each their own. I hate the outland aesthetics, so glad I skip it completely while levelling these days. For all it's flaws BfA zones are fantastic imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dark/Void/OldGods etc.
    Would love that.

Also i hope artifact weaps will return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Title says it all.

I tried to boil down the options to three major ones which seem possible / likely:

Dragon Isles / Dragons
    Underground & Caves / Black Empire
    Revamped Northrend / Scourge & Undead

What is your desired scenario?
    I want a subtarrain expansion.

Undermine, Gnomeregan retaken, Narubians to the north, troggs rampant and hostile earth/fire elementals.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something like Mists of Pandaria would be cool. Something with a theme. Greco-Roman would be cool in a "Black Empire" type setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underground expansion sounds great for me, they could fleshed out nerubian empire way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    An RTS called Warcraft 4
    That would be really awesome if they made Warcraft 4 instead of trying to appease this forum.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void/Old gods/etc
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always like the idea of a massive, planet sized titan facility on the blue moon of Azeroth. Maybe it's been taken over by a new enemy, and its breach is detected by our forces in Ulduar. Maybe an unknown old god who missed the ancient impact on the surface of Azeroth, and has been quietly gaining strength and power over the millenia. I dunno.....but something that takes us off the surface of Azeroth entirely. The thought of having some low gravity zones is quite cool, along with the possibility of new creatures and races that we've never seen on the surface of Azeroth before. I'd play that.

I'd rather us leave Azeroth for a little while.

I still don't know why Dragons should be a thing, again. After WotLK and Cataclysm they had enough presence in WoW imho and after killing of Malygos, Deathwing and Ysera I'm not sure if there's even a point for them anymore. I don't dislike them but something centered around dragons... again?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't know why Dragons should be a thing, again. After WotLK and Cataclysm they had enough presence in WoW imho and after killing of Malygos, Deathwing and Ysera I'm not sure if there's even a point for them anymore. I don't dislike them but something centered around dragons... again?
    What do you mean "again?" We actually are in the middle of a dragon drought...

After cata we have had:

MoP: void themed
    WoD: Orc themed
    Legion: Burning Legion themed
    BfA: void themed

No dragon stuff for FOUR expacs. That's a long long time. I mean undead has gone five expacs without anything which is even worse but there's no way you can say that we've been overwhelmed with dragon lore.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mixture of two of your options.
    A complex network of northrend tunnels with the ocasional big pocket/cave.

But not nessessarily revolving around the black empire alone.
    We never got to see one of the major baddies, the Nerubians and their underground empire.
    Which was a semi-developed but scrapped content for 3.0

Maybe those tunnels would re-arange themselves each week.
    Maybe they would have an endless potential for difficulty(depth), of course with the equivalent rewards.
    But not gear, matterials. For the new revamped meaningful crafting system.

Actually rare rares, actually hidden actual treasures, challenging puzzles and platform gameplay.
    And no map or waypoints. You got lost, boo hoo. Carry on to the unknown, or start over.

Not soloable content, but not forcing you to group up either. Since it is not instanced.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-06-18 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What do you mean "again?" We actually are in the middle of a dragon drought...

After cata we have had:

MoP: void themed
    WoD: Orc themed
    Legion: Burning Legion themed
    BfA: void themed

No dragon stuff for FOUR expacs. That's a long long time. I mean undead has gone five expacs without anything which is even worse but there's no way you can say that we've been overwhelmed with dragon lore.
    Eh why should Dragons still matter. They had their expansions (WotLK and Cataclysm) and they don't need to come back. Most original aspects are dead already (I know there are new ones but they're all quite lame, even Kalecgos). I agree that something with Wrathion and Murozond could be nice but the other ones? Meeeeeh.

Eh why should Dragons still matter. They had their expansions (WotLK and Cataclysm) and they don't need to come back. Most original aspects are dead already (I know there are new ones but they're all quite lame, even Kalecgos). I agree that something with Wrathion and Murozond could be nice but the other ones? Meeeeeh.
    What do you mean why should they still matter? A lot of people like dragon lore. Having a good solid dragon to fight makes for a good story.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What do you mean why should they still matter? A lot of people like dragon lore. Having a good solid dragon to fight makes for a good story.
    I know that people like dragons but as I said, the storylines for most aspects were finished in WotLK, Cataclysm or with Ysera in Legion. There's not much left except Murozond (if that's ever going to happen) or the shady Wrathion which has been almost forgotten. But to bring back all dragonflights to fight enemy xyz would be quite boring as it could never be as epic as Cataclysm because the dragons lost almost all of their power.

I know that people like dragons but as I said, the storylines for most aspects were finished in WotLK, Cataclysm or with Ysera in Legion. There's not much left except Murozond (if that's ever going to happen) or the shady Wrathion which has been almost forgotten. But to bring back all dragonflights to fight enemy xyz would be quite boring as it could never be as epic as Cataclysm because the dragons lost almost all of their power.
    So, you write a story where new aspects are selected.